Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley County wins 14th Region All A Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The All A starts next week. Who is the favorite in the 14th?
Could someone fix my title. I put 14th Al A. It needs to say 14th All A. Thanks!
June Buchanan won it last year didn't they?
I say Leslie Co will win the 14th Region All "A" with ease!
cougarpride08 Wrote:June Buchanan won it last year didn't they?

Yes, JBS are the defending champs. They beat Hazard in the Championship!
I also agree, I think Leslie Co is a much better team.
Leslie and JBS I think are definitely the only two teams that could win it. Owsley had 2 pretty good players, but haven't been playing like I thought they would this year. Wolfe could pull an upset, you never know with girls, if they feel like playing that day or not! Smile
The way the brackets sit up it should be Leslie County and Owsley County in the championship game. That's assuming Owsley can keep Turner and Wright in the game and not in foul trouble. Depth is a problem for them with only 8 players on the team.
Looking at the brackets Owsley County has a cake walk to the semi finals, playing Cordia and riverside at home. They will then play Hazard or Wolfe. I think Hazard will defeat wolfe and that would put Owsley playing Hazard in the semis, Owsley defeated Hazard early in the season but the the lady bulldogs are much improved so this should be a close game.

Leslie and JBS should meet in the semis and if the officials dont bail out Moore everytime she gets the ball then JBS will win. If Moore gets protected like she is the holy grail leslie will win.

Im predicting a Hazard JBS finals. With Coach Fannin and the bulldogs going back to richmond.
Lucky7 Wrote:Looking at the brackets Owsley County has a cake walk to the semi finals, playing Cordia and riverside at home. They will then play Hazard or Wolfe. I think Hazard will defeat wolfe and that would put Owsley playing Hazard in the semis, Owsley defeated Hazard early in the season but the the lady bulldogs are much improved so this should be a close game.

Leslie and JBS should meet in the semis and if the officials dont bail out Moore everytime she gets the ball then JBS will win. If Moore gets protected like she is the holy grail leslie will win.

Im predicting a Hazard JBS finals. With Coach Fannin and the bulldogs going back to richmond.

Owsley defeated Hazard 63-37 at Memorial Gym earlier this year. What makes you think they have improved that much and Owsley has got worse? As long as Turner and Wright can stay in the game Hazard has no answer for them. I see a championship game of Owsley Couny and Leslie County.
Lucky7 Wrote:Looking at the brackets Owsley County has a cake walk to the semi finals, playing Cordia and riverside at home. They will then play Hazard or Wolfe. I think Hazard will defeat wolfe and that would put Owsley playing Hazard in the semis, Owsley defeated Hazard early in the season but the the lady bulldogs are much improved so this should be a close game.

If Hazard only beat Jenkins one point, they are not improving. They would need a miracle to win the All "A".
Lcc
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley defeated Hazard 63-37 at Memorial Gym earlier this year. What makes you think they have improved that much and Owsley has got worse? As long as Turner and Wright can stay in the game Hazard has no answer for them. I see a championship game of Owsley Couny and Leslie County.

I am not saying that Owsley has not improved, I am a fan of Mika Turner and I enjoy Wright. I went to college with Coach Cornett and I think that He and Coach Green are doing an excellent job. I am just saying that I would never go agianst Hazard in a tournament.
BB25 Wrote:Lcc

Letcher Central is not in the All A! Too big of a school.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley defeated Hazard 63-37 at Memorial Gym earlier this year. What makes you think they have improved that much and Owsley has got worse? As long as Turner and Wright can stay in the game Hazard has no answer for them. I see a championship game of Owsley Couny and Leslie County.

It can happen. Just look at the 10th Region. St. Patrick had defeated Bracken County twice... once by 7, and once by 32. Bracken stunned them in the Championship game Saturday night!
Hazard has a very young team this year with 7th & 8th graders who start. I wish them the best of luck in the All-A.
I'm not sure what the matchups are but the teams that are left are: Owsley Co, Buckhorn, Leslie Co, and June Buchanan
It is down to the semi-finals now. Owsley Co. VS Wolfe Co.; Leslie Co. VS JBS. These games will be played on Friday at Breathitt Co. 6:30pm/8pm.
Buckhorn was beat tonight by JBS. Owsley plays wolfe, leslie and JBS on Friday at the dome in Jackson.
Should be 2 good games on Friday night. I would say Owsley and JBS in the finals with Hovee and the Lady Crusaders going back to the All A.
I don't see Hilary Moore letting the Leslie Co Lady Eagles lose! Should be 2 great games but most likely will be Owsley Co and Leslie Co in the Finals!
Will be tough for Hillary to get all those easy layups with the shot blocking ability of Hovee on the inside in this one. Unless they let her shoot 25 free throws, JBS will roll in this one.
I don't think that Hilary will just drive in and let Hovee block her. Hilary is quick and has good enough moves to get around Hovee if she needs to.
Championship game
Owsley Co. VS JBS 7pm Saturday @breathitt Co.
Who won?
Owsley Co. won! Can't remember score but they led by 15-20 all game long. JBS made a few runs but Owlsey just wouldn't let them back in the game. Truly impressed with Turner and Wright for Owsley. Outstanding players. Congrats to Owsley on winning the All A.
Good win for Owsley Co! Represent the 14th well!
Congrats to Owsley County!
Congrats to Owsley County and Coaches Green and Cornett. This is a great win for the program and considering that they have done this with just 8 or nine players this season is amazing. Mika Turner and Peyton Wright could not be stopped in this game and number 33 for Owsley County made Hovee look like a middle school player.

Good Luck in the State Tourney.
The Lady Owls played well through out the tournament and earned their title. Congrats Lady Owls, I'll be there cheering you on in Richmond.
Pages: 1 2