Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 57th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is wrong with the 57th District teams? One team with a winning record. A combined record of 19-35. Where has all the talent gone?
Is there talent in the middle schools coming in to the High School programs that will put the 57th back in contention with other teams in the 15th Region?
As of 01/12/2010 at 6:00pm these are the standings in the 57th District:

Since all the teams had played more games at this point last year i also have their record listed that is equivalent to the amount of games that they have played so far this year.

Lawrence Co.: 7-2, last years record 22-10, at this time last year 9-5, after 9 games 6-3

Paintsville: 4-9, last years record 7-19, at this time last year 3-11, and after 13 games 3-10

Sheldon Clark: 3-6, last years record 11-17 at this time last year 5-7, after 9 games 3-6

Magoffin Co.: 3-10, last years record 14-15, at this time last year 5-10, and after 13 games last year 5-8

Johnson Central: 2-8, last years record 22-8, record at this time last year 8-5, and after 10 games last year 7-3

So after each team had played the same amount of games last year the overall record for the 57th District was 24-30 which IS better than this year but its not that big of a difference. The only noticable difference that I can see between this year and last year is Johnson Central! Besides JC it looks like the 57th District is at the same level as last year. But, if there is anyone who can explain I would like to know what has caused such a big drop in Johnson Central's level of play this year?
leecoukfan Wrote:As of 01/12/2010 at 6:00pm these are the standings in the 57th District:

Since all the teams had played more games at this point last year i also have their record listed that is equivalent to the amount of games that they have played so far this year.

Lawrence Co.: 7-2, last years record 22-10, at this time last year 9-5, after 9 games 6-3

Paintsville: 4-9, last years record 7-19, at this time last year 3-11, and after 13 games 3-10

Sheldon Clark: 3-6, last years record 11-17 at this time last year 5-7, after 9 games 3-6

Magoffin Co.: 3-10, last years record 14-15, at this time last year 5-10, and after 13 games last year 5-8

Johnson Central: 2-8, last years record 22-8, record at this time last year 8-5, and after 10 games last year 7-3

So after each team had played the same amount of games last year the overall record for the 57th District was 24-30 which IS better than this year but its not that big of a difference. The only noticable difference that I can see between this year and last year is Johnson Central! Besides JC it looks like the 57th District is at the same level as last year. But, if there is anyone who can explain I would like to know what has caused such a big drop in Johnson Central's level of play this year?

Nice post. Looking at your information from last year there was only 2 teams with winning records in the 57th Dist. Did some checking around the 15th Region and there are only 5 teams right now with winning records. Maybe the whole 15th Region is down for some reason. It's hard to figure out.
On JC, who knows. They seem to have a couple players but it seems they don't play as a unit.
leecoukfan Wrote:As of 01/12/2010 at 6:00pm these are the standings in the 57th District:

One thing that stands out to me in all of these figures is the amount of games played at this point last year compared to this year. Most teams had played at least 12 games at this point last year... been a lot of cancellations so far this year due to weather and what not.
I am a JC fan but I think the problem lies in the overall management of the programs. The talent is as good as always. In JC's case they have as talented a team as anyone in the region but just can not seem to put it togather on the floor. The 57th used to have some of the best coaches in the state and they ran strong programs from the elementary up. In JC's case we do not have that anymore and I feel that is true across the district. I am not bashing any particualr program or coach, but we do not have the coaching from top to bottom. Maybe as some of the younger coaches become more seasoned this will change.
MonsterMan Wrote:I am a JC fan but I think the problem lies in the overall management of the programs. The talent is as good as always. In JC's case they have as talented a team as anyone in the region but just can not seem to put it togather on the floor. The 57th used to have some of the best coaches in the state and they ran strong programs from the elementary up. In JC's case we do not have that anymore and I feel that is true across the district. I am not bashing any particualr program or coach, but we do not have the coaching from top to bottom. Maybe as some of the younger coaches become more seasoned this will change.
Why is that? Looks to me like you would want to be involved in all stages of the development process of your schools ball program.
Creeker Wrote:Why is that? Looks to me like you would want to be involved in all stages of the development process of your schools ball program.

This is a no brainer! As an administrator and/or coach you would want every kid in your school distirct learning to be competitive and developing the correct attitude toward the game and be given sound instruction. At JC we used to have this and other programs in the disctrict did too. It is called a 'feeder system". It is not there anymore.
MonsterMan Wrote:This is a no brainer! As an administrator and/or coach you would want every kid in your school distirct learning to be competitive and developing the correct attitude toward the game and be given sound instruction. At JC we used to have this and other programs in the disctrict did too. It is called a 'feeder system". It is not there anymore.

JC's middle school teams do very well year in year out...????
Now What Wrote:JC's middle school teams do very well year in year out...????

This is true but it is the largest Middle School in the district, alot of kids to pick from. The reason they do not trasition to the high school, IMO, is they have not recieved the correct trainging to contribute at the high school level.
kyrifle Wrote:Nice post. Looking at your information from last year there was only 2 teams with winning records in the 57th Dist. Did some checking around the 15th Region and there are only 5 teams right now with winning records. Maybe the whole 15th Region is down for some reason. It's hard to figure out.
On JC, who knows. They seem to have a couple players but it seems they don't play as a unit.

Yeah, could be a possibilty! But, I was at the Country Music Highway Classic last year and saw Johnson Central play 2 or 3 times and they looked like a really good team! Have they had some coaching changes this year? And, if not why are struggling so much to get it together?