Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Jan. 11)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Shelby Valley
2. Knott Co. Central
3. Corbin
4. Breathitt County
5. South Laurel
6. Perry Central
7. Harlan County
8. Pikeville
9. Hazard
10. Clay County
I figured that Clay Co would be ranked higher than that since they beat Perry Central.
leecoukfan Wrote:I figured that Clay Co would be ranked higher than that since they beat Perry Central.

Me too. I figured Perry would drop out after that pathetic performance in the WYMT.
well i figured that LC would be in the top 10
I think the ranking is pretty fair I would move Corbin down one and Breathitt up one . Since the bobcats did beat Corbin.
I've not seen Breathitt play but I just can't see them being the 4th best team in the mountians. But well see Saturday, when they come to Perry.
LC_Dawgs Wrote:well i figured that LC would be in the top 10

You're not serious are you. LC hasn't beat one team with a winning record. The closest team to a winning record would be Woodford Co. and they are 7-7 on the season. Need some quality wins to qualify for the rankings.
Aslan Wrote:I've not seen Breathitt play but I just can't see them being the 4th best team in the mountians. But well see Saturday, when they come to Perry.

Honestly, I think that Breathitt deserves to be ranked 3rd.
leecoukfan Wrote:Honestly, I think that Breathitt deserves to be ranked 3rd.

Based on what they returned from last year, I can't see them beating Perry/Knott/Buckhorn. But well see. They play Buckhorn tonight and Perry Saturday. This is a big week for the Bobcats. They could prove a lot.
Imo Hazard should be higher.
Aslan Wrote:Imo Hazard should be higher.

Why?? Who have they beaten?? Johnson Central and Clay this week, not teams that should boost your ratings if you ask me.:please:

:Thumbs:
i think clay and hazard should also be higher.......
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Why?? Who have they beaten?? Johnson Central and Clay this week, not teams that should boost your ratings if you ask me.:please:

No one, based on talent and improvement.
I thought LC was supposed to be the top team in the 15th according to some of the LC fans on this site. What's wrong? Team just not jelling?
kyrifle Wrote:You're not serious are you. LC hasn't beat one team with a winning record. The closest team to a winning record would be Woodford Co. and they are 7-7 on the season. Need some quality wins to qualify for the rankings.

Man, you guys go for the throat huh?
ol'dad07 Wrote:Man, you guys go for the throat huh?

Were pretty brutal.
LC is nowhere to be seen and they were supposed to be the team, according to their fans, that would knock Valley off their high horse this season. What's going on in Lawrence County? Anyone got some info?
PC_You_Know Wrote:LC is nowhere to be seen and they were supposed to be the team, according to their fans, that would knock Valley off their high horse this season. What's going on in Lawrence County? Anyone got some info?
Looks like they are doing fine to me: Lawrence County

7-2 season and 5-0 in their region and 3-0 in their district.

[URL="http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kybbk09/31108"]
[/URL]
Historically LC has never gotten any love from the WYMT's Mountain Top 10... whether it be the winning LC football, baseball, softball or basketball teams.

I think most, including on this site, don't really consider LC to be a "Mountain" team anyways.
leecoukfan Wrote:I figured that Clay Co would be ranked higher than that since they beat Perry Central.

Just my opinion but I think the Clay Co. win over PCC was a fluke. PCC has not lost to a 14th regiion team yet. If Hatcher will just leave the middle alone and let Corrnett and Salyers split the time and allow the team to get use to each other I still think the PCC is the team to beat come tourn. time. In the tourn. the team that make's the least turnovers usely wins and we all know the Hatcher is going to keep the pace in his favor.
Dawgs should be in top 10 but who am I to say so? I think they are one of the hottest teams in the mountains. They may not have beaten a winning team yet, but we will see. Dawgs will be a contender.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Dawgs should be in top 10 but who am I to say so? I think they are one of the hottest teams in the mountains. They may not have beaten a winning team yet, but we will see. Dawgs will be a contender.
Doesn't make sense, how can LC be one of the hottest teams in the mountains if they haven't beaten any teams with a winning record?
PC_You_Know Wrote:LC is nowhere to be seen and they were supposed to be the team, according to their fans, that would knock Valley off their high horse this season. What's going on in Lawrence County? Anyone got some info?

I got some info.

Larry West has only played in last 5 games this season.
-Lawrence County is 5-0, in those 5 games.
-West is avg. around 11ppg, so that's 11 pts they didnt have against, in which they lost both games by 7.
-LC has also won 4 out of those 5 games, by 10 or more.

So, I'd say their starting to Gel/Jell pretty good.
breathitt seems a little unproven to me but this week could help then big time
uhavenoidea Wrote:-West is avg. around 11ppg, so that's 11 pts they didnt have against, in which they lost both games by 7.

Just because they added a player that averages 11ppg doesn't mean they would score 11 more points per game. There is no doubt that some of those points he is scoring is taking someone else's points away. I'm sure the Bulls scored over 100 without Jordan sometimes... That doesn't mean they score 132 with him... If the kid is scoring 11ppg and taking bad shots he could actually be hurting their production...
Losing to Letcher hurt them as Letcher lost to Pikeville who ranked 8th. I am not saying that Lawrence is not better than Pikeville but it is hard to be ranked in the top 10 with Pikeville at # 8. With the schedule that Lawrence has remaining that could win them all and may not still be ranked in the top 10.
Aslan Wrote:Based on what they returned from last year, I can't see them beating Perry/Knott/Buckhorn. But well see. They play Buckhorn tonight and Perry Saturday. This is a big week for the Bobcats. They could prove a lot.

Tell you the truth I thought PCC is a little overrated . I'm just not really that impressed with them. I thought they was a notch above everyone in the 14th until I watch them play about 3 times. They don't have no offense. Coach Hatcher better turn on the burner because the bobcats put up the points.
[quote=uhavenoidea]I got some info.

[B]Larry West has only played in last 5 games this season.
-Lawrence County is 5-0, in those 5 games.
-West is avg. around 11ppg, so that's 11 pts they didnt have against, in which they lost both games by 7.
-LC has also won 4 out of those 5 games, by 10 or more.[/B]

That's fuzzy math.

mountain hoops guru Wrote:Why?? Who have they beaten?? Johnson Central and Clay this week, not teams that should boost your ratings if you ask me.:please:

I agree Hazard should move up a couple of spots in front of Pikeville and Harlan I for one can't think of any decent team they have beaten and Hazard has beaten Clay which is in the top ten and Clay beat PCC which also in the top ten.
Pages: 1 2