Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry County Job Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach Estand resigned today.
Any reasons why?
That is coach Engstrand, class act done a great job there, I think he has some family issues at hand that he needs to move back to WKY. He will be missed at Henry County.

Good Luck Coach.
He did a good job here, the talent level will be very good next year, but then a slide may occur.
Well, I can speak for him...I am him. My father-in-law passed away very suddenly and unexpected just before Thanksgiving. He was a father to me and the greatest person my children had the pleasure to know...if only for a couple years. I promised him hours before he passed away that I would take care of his girls (wife and daughter), and it's time to own up and practice what I preech. This has been REALLY hard on my family. My wife and I spent countless hours in prayer and consulting those closest to us. We came to the decision that for our family, the best decision is to get our kids close to those we love the most-time is just too precious and fragile. This has been really difficult for us. Football has been in my life since I was a boy, and has helped gain an education, foster incredible relationships, and become a real memeber of a wonderful community. I have a great group of kids at HC and I love them more than they can ever know...but I have been knocked down, and I have to get up. Football instilled that in me. We've had a great run, and I have not had a single player in 4 years that I can't recall by name or that I wouldn't do anything for. I have put them first so many times, but this time my family has to come first. Old Henry Man, I appreciate your support...you, your wife, and your son mean a lot to me. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but that's how families work.
This team has a LEGIT shot at going very far next year, and the future is REALLY bright. They have accomplished a lot without very much talent. That is a credit to my staff (perhaps the most underrated, but most appreciated in KY), the school, and the community. My eyes water just thinking about my boys going on without me, but that is part of the TEAM-me philosophy that my college coach placed in me-God rest his soul. Thanks for everything boys...keep me in your prayers.
Coach Engstrand
ole ball coach Wrote:Well, I can speak for him...I am him. My father-in-law passed away very suddenly and unexpected just before Thanksgiving. He was a father to me and the greatest person my children had the pleasure to know...if only for a couple years. I promised him hours before he passed away that I would take care of his girls (wife and daughter), and it's time to own up and practice what I preech. This has been REALLY hard on my family. My wife and I spent countless hours in prayer and consulting those closest to us. We came to the decision that for our family, the best decision is to get our kids close to those we love the most-time is just too precious and fragile. This has been really difficult for us. Football has been in my life since I was a boy, and has helped gain an education, foster incredible relationships, and become a real memeber of a wonderful community. I have a great group of kids at HC and I love them more than they can ever know...but I have been knocked down, and I have to get up. Football instilled that in me. We've had a great run, and I have not had a single player in 4 years that I can't recall by name or that I wouldn't do anything for. I have put them first so many times, but this time my family has to come first. Old Henry Man, I appreciate your support...you, your wife, and your son mean a lot to me. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but that's how families work.
This team has a LEGIT shot at going very far next year, and the future is REALLY bright. They have accomplished a lot without very much talent. That is a credit to my staff (perhaps the most underrated, but most appreciated in KY), the school, and the community. My eyes water just thinking about my boys going on without me, but that is part of the TEAM-me philosophy that my college coach placed in me-God rest his soul. Thanks for everything boys...keep me in your prayers.
Coach Engstrand

I wish you and your family well...
ole ball coach Wrote:Well, I can speak for him...I am him. My father-in-law passed away very suddenly and unexpected just before Thanksgiving. He was a father to me and the greatest person my children had the pleasure to know...if only for a couple years. I promised him hours before he passed away that I would take care of his girls (wife and daughter), and it's time to own up and practice what I preech. This has been REALLY hard on my family. My wife and I spent countless hours in prayer and consulting those closest to us. We came to the decision that for our family, the best decision is to get our kids close to those we love the most-time is just too precious and fragile. This has been really difficult for us. Football has been in my life since I was a boy, and has helped gain an education, foster incredible relationships, and become a real memeber of a wonderful community. I have a great group of kids at HC and I love them more than they can ever know...but I have been knocked down, and I have to get up. Football instilled that in me. We've had a great run, and I have not had a single player in 4 years that I can't recall by name or that I wouldn't do anything for. I have put them first so many times, but this time my family has to come first. Old Henry Man, I appreciate your support...you, your wife, and your son mean a lot to me. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but that's how families work.
Coach Engstrand

I Would Also Like To Wish You And Your Family Well
I hope everything turns out well.
Coach Engstrand

all us at owen county wish you the best of luck u are a great coach
I want to thank you Coach for all that you have done for us at HC. I respect you for your decision and you will be greatly missed. God willing we will be able to continue forth with the ground work that you have laid here. Good luck in your new venture!
I don't think people outside the coaching community understand how much a coach sacrifices. I understand Engstrand's decision and wish him the best.
Best of luck Coach in your future endeavors and our thoughts and prayers are with your family and you as you make your move back home to take care of your family...

Shelby West Middle
When I read this thead I was very surprised because Henry has quickly became one of the state's up and coming programs. Ole ball coach you are to be commended for doing a fine job at Henry and for doing what's best for your family. Good luck and hope all turns out well.
sorry to hear of your loss and of the tough decisions you had to make. i pray that your family will lean on each other and look to God for support as you get adjusted to all the changes. i hope for the best for your family.
Wish you the best and I hope everything works out for you.
Thanks for all of the time that you have spent with us Coach E.. Wish you and your family well