Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2007 Breathitt Bobcat Defense Highlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran into this on youtube and just had to share. This is the way that defense should be played. It's a shame that Breathitt didn't have that kind of D this past year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpK5JQ0EtVc&feature=related"]YouTube- 07 Breathitt county football defensive highlights part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKfqnQXpkY&feature=related"]YouTube- Breathitt county football defensive highlights part 2[/ame]
This the same defense that let Belfry but 63 points on them?
Same one!
Same thing that I was thinking. TongueirateSho
Alright so they did...it was actually 62 points...the Bobcats made that right with Belfry in 2008, but this was still a good D that won 13 games. How could a D this good play so bad against Belfry?
The Same Belfry team that got beat by Central In The State Championship????
Pride and Football Wrote:The Same Belfry team that got beat by Central In The State Championship????

That's the one. :Thumbs:
Well i can say they looked tough but they wasnt as tough as '08 was and then in '09 we didnt have anyone that could run the defense i hope that gets took care of or we want win as many games as we did this year,defense wins Championships,RIGHT!!OFFENSE is for SHOW RIGHT,so we have to get someone that knows defense!!!Chapman is GONE!!!
Flashman Wrote:Alright so they did...it was actually 62 points...the Bobcats made that right with Belfry in 2008, but this was still a good D that won 13 games. How could a D this good play so bad against Belfry?

1. That was a very, very good Belfry offense that had 4 fantastic RB's in Dustin May, Ivan Lee, Thomas Varney, and Charlie Dotson.

2. Breathitt focused on taking away the veer and the outside running of Belfry, as a result Charlie Dotson ate them alive at FB. Once Breathitt accounted for Dotson up the middle it opened up the outside. The size of Lee and May created serious matchups problems for a smallish Bretahitt defense.

3. Breathitt had several untimely turnovers that game deep in their own territory. It was a compettiive game for a while, but those turnovers, coupled with the factors above, created a snowball effect they could not overcome.

4. Breathitt was a more pass oriented team that season. Once they got down they started throwing more which slowed the game down and gave an unstoppable Belfry offense more posessions that game.

5. Breathitt was not a very deep team. The physical grind of Belfry in the first half wore them down.
And that was 2 years ago.Now lets live in the here and now.Especiallt Belfry fans.Looks like it will be another tough year for you.John Paul is in the district now and he has your number.
Those were the days.
The two most aggressive defenses i ever seen to date was
breathitts maybe several years before this videoand middlesboros 4-5 years earlier.
BOBCAT Wrote:And that was 2 years ago.Now lets live in the here and now.Especiallt Belfry fans.Looks like it will be another tough year for you.John Paul is in the district now and he has your number.

I knew we should have made the schools phone number unlisted. Now we will have ****heads like Chapman calling us.
Doubt if he will be calling u,u will be not wanting too see his defense on friday nights Belfry,might just be calling him wanting his help,he is the best defensive coach the mts has ever seen bar NONE!! BREATHITT Bobcat fans know that NOW!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. That was a very, very good Belfry offense that had 4 fantastic RB's in Dustin May, Ivan Lee, Thomas Varney, and Charlie Dotson.

2. Breathitt focused on taking away the veer and the outside running of Belfry, as a result Charlie Dotson ate them alive at FB. Once Breathitt accounted for Dotson up the middle it opened up the outside. The size of Lee and May created serious matchups problems for a smallish Bretahitt defense.

3. Breathitt had several untimely turnovers that game deep in their own territory. It was a compettiive game for a while, but those turnovers, coupled with the factors above, created a snowball effect they could not overcome.

4. Breathitt was a more pass oriented team that season. Once they got down they started throwing more which slowed the game down and gave an unstoppable Belfry offense more posessions that game.

5. Breathitt was not a very deep team. The physical grind of Belfry in the first half wore them down.

Thanks for the details.
Tammi Wrote:Those were the days.
The two most aggressive defenses i ever seen to date was
breathitts maybe several years before this videoand middlesboros 4-5 years earlier.

Glad that someone else can appreciate. That's a D that deserves a look back at and some recognition even though they lost 1 game.

Did Dakota Ritchie #2 play this past year? I noticed that he did a lot of damage from the defensive end or linebacker position. He would of been a senior this year.