Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (3)Kentucky 76 - Georgia 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cats survive against the team that was chosen last in the conference
Everybody can keep criticizing Cuz, but this guy comes to play and makes a huge difference on this team. I love this guy!
Good test for the young cats..This should show them they can't take any conference games for granted.
Kind of an unexpected thriller at Rupp Arena! Bulldogs played a really good game and played stride for stride with the Wildcats until all their bigmen started dropping like flies!! DCuz was able to come up big at the end with steals, drawing fouls, and hitting his free throws! I think this maybe a wake up call for the Wildcats as they enter conference play! But overall good win! Congrats to the guys! Go Cats!!
Decent game Cats!!
The bulldogs is not a bad team.
Conference play is always fun. Were gonna see what we are made of Tuesday @ Florida.
I think that was a great game for the young Cats. It was the first time that they have trailed at the half, primairly because of foul trouble by Cousins and Orton. Cats got plenty of help throughout the game but especially on defense from Liggins.

Wall and PPat both finish with 17, but it was Bledsoes (12) early points in the 2nd half and Cousins (16) down the stretch that was the key to this victory.

Concerns: Too much outside shooting as the Cats were 2-14 from 3 point line and did poorly in getting the ball inside in the first half. Poor interior defense as Leslie scored at will inside the paint.

Possitives: Another thing this team overcame, playing from behind. This was a great learning experience as the Cats still played with confidence and never appeared to be mentally pressured.

Great game for the young Cats
Cousins really stepped up in this close game offensively and defensively. The zone really bothered the Cats, but they hung in there and pulled out a close win.
Good win but the Cats have to learn to bust the zone.

I do not believe the Cats will shoot that bad from 3 for the rest of the season. The Cats needed Dodson to shoot better than he did. Dodson missed all his shots. I don't see that happening again. Also John Wall missed 12 shots including 3 free-throws and Bledsoe missed 9 shots, I don't see that happening again either.
lwc Wrote:Good win but the Cats have to learn to bust the zone.

I do not believe the Cats will shoot that bad from 3 for the rest of the season. The Cats needed Dodson to shoot better than he did. Dodson missed all his shots. I don't see that happening again. Also John Wall missed 12 shots including 3 free-throws and Bledsoe missed 9 shots, I don't see that happening again either.

Maybe. If they were not Freshman, I'd tend to agree. But as Freshman, they have already had games like this, at least Bledsoe and Dodson. Dodson has not shot consistently all season, and we are relying on the Point Guard Bledsoe to shoot like a two-guard.

What I did like in the 2nd half was the drives by Bledsoe and Liggins. They did attempt and were successful at times in drving against the zone
Stardust Wrote:Maybe. If they were not Freshman, I'd tend to agree. But as Freshman, they have already had games like this, at least Bledsoe and Dodson. Dodson has not shot consistently all season, and we are relying on the Point Guard Bledsoe to shoot like a two-guard.

What I did like in the 2nd half was the drives by Bledsoe and Liggins. They did attempt and were successful at times in drving against the zone

Good point. The great ones like Reddick, Lofton, Mills, Bird, Delk, etc... when they stuggled from outside they looked to get to the foul line or to get to the hoop to open up their game. Bledsoe did that and eventually had a pretty good game. Dodson has not done that all season.
Thought Bledsoe & Cousins both played a really good game. Patterson did his usual thing and we also got another good performance from Liggins. Wall didn't have that great of a game but still made plays in the second half.

Georgia obviously is better than just about what everyone thought as Cal told us it was going to be a close game in yesterdays interview. Also, for those who have bad memory - Georgia beat in-state rival Georgia Tech who defeated #5 Duke this afternoon.

Good win IMO.
Cousins was a force on Defense
We will see what Kentucky is made of tuesday @ Florida
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Thought Bledsoe & Cousins both played a really good game. Patterson did his usual thing and we also got another good performance from Liggins. Wall didn't have that great of a game but still made plays in the second half.

Georgia obviously is better than just about what everyone thought as Cal told us it was going to be a close game in yesterdays interview. Also, for those who have bad memory - Georgia beat in-state rival Georgia Tech who defeated #5 Duke this afternoon.

Good win IMO.

Bledsoe and Cousins had good 2nd halfs. Cousins was not in the game lone in the first half, and didn't do much when he was in. Bledsoe shot terribly in the first half. It was Bledsoe who got the Cats going at the beginning of the 2nd half, and Cousins was awesome down the stretch
When you can win a game like that, you know you're good!..Go Big Blue!
For the record the foul that was called on Wall when the Georgia player tripped was horrible.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:For the record the foul that was called on Wall when the Georgia player tripped was horrible.

I think the tripping rule shouldn't be an automatic foul on the defense. I believe it should be a jump ball if the offense loses possession of the ball unless the trip is obvious by the defense. In many situations, just like the call today against Wall, the offensive player is not even touch, but the fast pace of the game makes it look like a trip because the players are so close to each other. Again I think this rule should be reevaluated. Just my opinion.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Thought Bledsoe & Cousins both played a really good game. Patterson did his usual thing and we also got another good performance from Liggins. Wall didn't have that great of a game but still made plays in the second half.

Good win IMO.

Couldn't Have said it better myself.

Good win IMO.

I agree, TV announcers kept saying how UGA was picked last in the SEC east over and over, but this team is much better than that. This was a good win for the cats as they continue to win even when not playing at their best. This team is growing and learning each time they take the floor. Every game in the SEC will be tough especially on the road. I would really like to see Miller step up and start making some jump shots on a consistent basis.
sstack Wrote:Everybody can keep criticizing Cuz, but this guy comes to play and makes a huge difference on this team. I love this guy!

I'm with you on this one "sstack" as long as Big Cuz keeps bringing it like he has been I don't care about the criticizing and I would bet you coach Cal doesn't either. He can flat out dominate the paint on both ends and he let's everyone know about it too, I love it and just imagine if he could get about 25 minutes a game.GO BIG BLUE!!!!:rockon:
phoeniXX Wrote:I think the tripping rule shouldn't be an automatic foul on the defense. I believe it should be a jump ball if the offense loses possession of the ball unless the trip is obvious by the defense. In many situations, just like the call today against Wall, the offensive player is not even touch, but the fast pace of the game makes it look like a trip because the players are so close to each other. Again I think this rule should be reevaluated. Just my opinion.

agreed
justabballfan Wrote:I'm with you on this one "sstack" as long as Big Cuz keeps bringing it like he has been I don't care about the criticizing and I would bet you coach Cal doesn't either. He can flat out dominate the paint on both ends and he let's everyone know about it too, I love it and just imagine if he could get about 25 minutes a game.GO BIG BLUE!!!!:rockon:

Big Cuz has really picked it up. His conditioning seems much better than earlier this season.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Good test for the young cats..This should show them they can't take any conference games for granted.

As usually every team will bring their A game when they play the Cats.
way to play tough and pull it out
Colonel Kill Wrote:I agree, TV announcers kept saying how UGA was picked last in the SEC east over and over, but this team is much better than that. This was a good win for the cats as they continue to win even when not playing at their best. This team is growing and learning each time they take the floor. Every game in the SEC will be tough especially on the road. I would really like to see Miller step up and start making some jump shots on a consistent basis.

I think before the season is over Liggins will be starting in his place.
Free throw shooting and inconsistent perimeter shooting may be the only weakness UK has........ with that said, it is a HUGE deficiency and could cost them an early exit in March.
PC_You_Know Wrote:[/B]

I think before the season is over Liggins will be starting in his place.

You could be right. Liggins is the better defensive player and seems more aggressive on the offensive end but he does not give the Cats that much needed consistent shot maker. I thought that would be Miller's role but he has not stepped up. Then I thought Bledsoe would be that guy and he has not been consistent either. Maybe Dodson steps up to be that guy as the season goes on. The Cats need a zone buster on the floor or they better get use to seeing teams pack it in through the rest of the season.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Free throw shooting and inconsistent perimeter shooting may be the only weakness UK has........ with that said, it is a HUGE deficiency and could cost them an early exit in March.

:Thumbs:
Another big win for the Cats,can't lose at home if you're completing for the SEC Championship.GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2