Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lamar Dawson named Junior All American
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MaxPreps has named Lamar Dawson to their 2009 Junior All American Team. Lamar was selected to the first team as a linebacker. This is quite an honor for a player that has a very big future ahead of him. Congratulations Lamar!

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Pw-lwPpzEd6...n-team.htm

Fixed link. (LWC)
deleted.
Congrats Lamar
Congrats to Lamar! :rockon::1:
Wow! 6'3" 285 lbs! Talk about a hoss.
LClion4life Wrote:Wow! 6'3" 285 lbs! Talk about a hoss.

2 more wows.........

1. He is fast, he out ran Lafayette's Shaw on a 70 yard TD run.
2. He has a 3.5 GPA, very smart!
LClion4life Wrote:Wow! 6'3" 285 lbs! Talk about a hoss.

I think that is a misprint. I would say Lamar is more in the 235 lb. range but Rebel 55 would probably no more.
Yes, I do believe he is not 285. 235 Hatz seems to be close to his correct weight.
In that link it said 285. I would think that it is a misprint....
This kid needs to be UK's next MLB.
I hear he is headed to ND?
He sounds like the total package.
Guy's a monster.
Beetle01 Wrote:I hear he is headed to ND?

I do not believe ND has even offered yet. From what I heard yesterday from a close friend of his, Kentucky, Cincinnatti, and Louisville are the only colleges so far to offer. In the future more will come!
He gets tons of mail from Notre Dame but has not gotten an offer yet. I don't think N.D. has an inside track at all but what do I know.
64black&gold Wrote:He gets tons of mail from Notre Dame but has not gotten an offer yet. I don't think N.D. has an inside track at all but what do I know.

Ooo, Ooo, do I get to answer that one!!???? :lmao::yikes::Thumbs:
There's one in every crowd. I would expect more from a varsity letterman.
64black&gold Wrote:There's one in every crowd. I would expect more from a varsity letterman.

:thatsfunn
congrats to the young man. i hope he has a good season this coming year.
Lamar Dawson was offered by Fl today, not looking good for UK!!
rebelmom14 Wrote:lamar dawson was offered by fl today, not looking good for uk!!

wow!
Congrats to Lamar. I am very happy for this young man. I still hope he goes to UK but it would be hard for him to turn down Florida.
Lamar is such a great kid! I am also very happy for him, and look forward to watching him lead our defense to another great season.

Florida is very impressive. :Clap:
Rebel55 Wrote:Lamar is such a great kid! I am also very happy for him, and look forward to watching him lead our defense to another great season.

Florida is very impressive. :Clap:

Is Lamar going to any combines this summer?
I'm sure he will. He was the linebackers MVP at The Nike Football Training Camp at Ohio State earlier this month.

Article from ESPN.com http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruitin...id=5158695

Lamar Dawson (Danville, Ky./Boyle County) might have been even better. Dawson measured in at 6-2 and 232 pounds but looked even bigger. He certainly played big. Dawson took on blockers well, was able to track down running backs on the perimeter and made plays in coverage en route to the linebackers MVP award.
The buzz I am hearing is that Lamar may end up being the most heralded defensive recruit to come from the state of Kentucky since Dennis Johnson, even moreso than Micah Johnson.

Oregon, Vanderbilt, and Michigan also offered him recently. I have a distinct feeling Florida won't be the last big-time program to offer. I think though at this point the only schools who have a legit shot at him are UK, UF, UL, and Notre Dame.

This is a very good thing for KY and we all should be very proud of Lamar!
I personally don't think Notre Dame is in the mix. Charlie Strong is working hard but I still think it's UK or Fl with Florida now the favorite. Stanford visited again with another Big Ten school also showing up. The feeling is that Alabama might come calling now that Florida has offered. Also heard an assistant from a BCS school offered without ever seeing any film or workouts or anything. Should be exciting around here for a while. If Chuck Smith and Joker can keep him in Ky with the Florida offer on the board they should get a raise.
To the Boyle county faithful and EKUAlum05:

How much does the Chuck Smith connection help UK's chances of landing Dawson? Any? some? a lot? It certainly cannot hurt.
The Boyle people can probably better answer, but what I gather is that EVERYONE knows Smith and the legacy he started. Even though he is at UK, he is is still Boyle's favored son and has great relationships not only with the coaches and administrators at BCHS, but with the entire community in general. Dawson has a very good friendship with both Joker and Chuck Smith... but furthermore he is genuinely a Kentucky fan.

The big name in-state prospects who have left the state (Deuce Finch,Jordan Whiting, Justin Green, etc) are all Louisville kids or kids from NKY (Collinsworth, Nichols, etc). Kids from Central, Western, and Eastern Kentucky usually have deep blue bloodlines.

BUT, if Dawson wants to compete for a NC and wants the greatest chance of being a 1st Round Draft Pick it is pretty clear the allure that UF would have.