Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 55 Russell 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Grayson.
I wish I had known this game was still scheduled. I assumed it was cancelled due to the snow and the schools being out. Oh well.

Sounds like Russell is continuing to play decently against the better 16th region opponents, but still not able to get over the hump. So far this year, they've lost to:

West Carter by 8
Fairview by 10
Bath County by 8
Fairview by 10
Elliott County by 9
Fleming County by 2
and now East Carter by 13

I'm glad to see them beating teams they should beat, but am hopeful they can pull an upset one of these games!
They played really well in the first quarter. Were down 7-2 early then outscored East 16-2 to go up 18-9 and were up at the start of the third 26-22 then East started playing better. Russell is much improved over last season and will in my opinion be the team to beat in the 63 at seasons end. Coach Kidwell does a good job with them. Barnhill had 16 in limited minutes due to coming down with the stomach virus on Tuesday probably played a little over half of the game.
Congrats to EC and Russell I didn't expect it to be as close as it was.
Congrats EC
the khsaa scoreboard said it was East Carter 55-Russell 46 so if thats the case it was a 9 point game
Congrats East!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:the khsaa scoreboard said it was East Carter 55-Russell 46 so if thats the case it was a 9 point game

That is not correct it was 55 to 42.