Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 50 - Perry Central 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Congrats Tigers!!
Looks like the 13th is a little tougher than what some thought.

Congrats Tigers!
Was a kind of sloppy game in the 1st half on both sides of the ball. A very close ball game throughout the entire game. Things got chippy in the 4th Quarter with Amis getting 4 fouls in about 2 or 3 minutes as well as double technicals being called for elbows thrown. Perry never trailed until Clay Co took a 1 point lead with 51 seconds left in the 4th Quarter but they tied it right back by hitting 1 of 2 free throws, Biggest lead in the game was PCC by 6 in the 3rd Quarter. Zack McGeorge hits a last second shot to beat the Commodores by 2 points! A Very tough physical hard fought game from both sides. Commodores played a good game and should keep their heads up! Congrats to the Clay Co Tigers on a very Impressive win!
down goes the kings. can't wait to see the excuses.TongueirateSho
love to see this. so much for perry getting a chance to beat shelby valley.
Lets make sure we keep this thread civil before others start taking shots at one another.

Thank you!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Looks like the 13th is a little tougher than what some thought.

Congrats Tigers!

Clay Co is a tough team and always has been in the Mt Classic.This is their 24th win all time for the Tigers which is the most in the classic.Mitchell was dominated for the Tigers leading scorer of the game.Clay also did a very good job on Mullins the second half, didnt allow him to a FG the 2nd half.

best of luck against the Wildcats on friday.
free throws beat perry. they missed a few towards then end that were crucial. but other then that clay co. just wanted this game worse. very big win for clay.
you can never count clay out of a mountain tourney. they have owned this tournament throughout the years. i wouldn't be surprised to see them give valley a tough go as well.

perry beat themselves for sure. couldn't make free throws. this is a case of slow ball and letting a team stay around can hurt you. the lob to the kid for perry was as nice as play as you can see around here. the mitchell kid from clay had his way all night.
Hopefully now some will see that Perry is not as good as they were hyped up to be. I dont think they can score enough to win the region this year. They are good defensively but cannot put enough points on the board. So much for a Hazard-Perry consolation game! lol
Big win for the Tigers here.

Congrats Clay County!
Well, well, well - PCC is one and done. Congrats Tigers. Good luck against Valley! :rockon:

Btw very classy flip offs at the end PCC fans, great sportsmanship.
Congrats Clay Co.
wowww congrats clay!!!
Nice win for CC
Would have liked to see this one, sounds like it was a very good game. I had seen PCC play a couple times but hadn't seen Clay Co. I didn't see this coming and I'm pretty sure WYMT didn't either. I for one I thought that PCC would win this one and the PCC/SV game would have been a dandy but it's not going to happen as of now. It looks like PCC might have been looking past Clay too get their chance to play SV or it could be that Clay just wanted it more and just outplayed PCC, either way SV better come to play Friday or they may be playing the early game Sat. Just curious though were is one of the diehard PCC posters like, (*slan) because you're not the only one that thought PCC would win this one.:popcorn:
Great game! Lived up to the hype for sure.
PATS2011 Wrote:Well, well, well - PCC is one and done. Congrats Tigers. Good luck against Valley! :rockon:

Btw very classy flip offs at the end PCC fans, great sportsmanship.

poor souls, they were just too high strung. im afraid the strain was more then they could bear. DH. ahhaha
memphistiger Wrote:poor souls, they were just too high strung. im afraid the strain was more then they could bear. DH. ahhaha

:lmao: good one haha!

Still there is no reason fans should act that way, pretty barbaric and rude. Sure makes their school and county proud lol.
memphistiger Wrote:poor souls, they were just too high strung. im afraid the strain was more then they could bear. DH. ahhaha

I'm sure that their fans aren't the first or won't be the last to do that, so let's not get to carried away, because I'm going to say about 70% of all basketball fans have done that or thought about doing it. It's sad but it happens from time to time, a real close game or a loss can change alot of peoples attitudes
bradc Wrote:down goes the kings. can't wait to see the excuses.TongueirateSho

No excuses, we beat ourselves. We couldn't score down the stretch because we don't have a go to player, that can get us 2 when we need it. Also not hitting free throws hurt us too. Perry has just hit a slump losing 4/5. Congrats Clay, you guys played a **** of a game.
justabballfan Wrote:Would have liked to see this one, sounds like it was a very good game. I had seen PCC play a couple times but hadn't seen Clay Co. I didn't see this coming and I'm pretty sure WYMT didn't either. I for one I thought that PCC would win this one and the PCC/SV game would have been a dandy but it's not going to happen as of now. It looks like PCC might have been looking past Clay too get their chance to play SV or it could be that Clay just wanted it more and just outplayed PCC, either way SV better come to play Friday or they may be playing the early game Sat. Just curious though were is one of the diehard PCC posters like, (*slan) because you're not the only one that thought PCC would win this one.:popcorn:

Right here ******.
PATS2011 Wrote::lmao: good one haha!

Still there is no reason fans should act that way, pretty barbaric and rude. Sure makes their school and county proud lol.

I didn't see it, I was so disgusted I just got the **** out of there.
Congrats Clay Co.
So much for Perry/Valley being the game of the tourney..Knott/Valley will be a great game if they both advance! Hope to see it..
On a side note, I hate playing at Knott Co. The place is cursed for Perry. We can't win there! I dread playing Knott there, no good can come of that. And whats the bold refs deal? He a 15th region ref and he is godawful.
I dont know why you would hate playing there, its the best facility in the region imo. I love the way its set up with the floor being so far away from the stands. The only downfall is the parking situation.
Congrats to Clay Co.
Aslan Wrote:On a side note, I hate playing at Knott Co. The place is cursed for Perry. We can't win there! I dread playing Knott there, no good can come of that. And whats the bold refs deal? He a 15th region ref and he is godawful.

Yeah we did a little voo doo magic and put a few hexes on the place before you came, although we decided to let tyler away with completing the alley-oop dunk because it we thought it would be pretty cool. :broom:

we even had figures with needles and everything! We keep our spell book in a secret place.

Sorry Aslan, lol I'm just playing, couldn't pass that up haha.
catfan1 Wrote:I dont know why you would hate playing there, its the best facility in the region imo. I love the way its set up with the floor being so far away from the stands. The only downfall is the parking situation.

I agree, and the whole situation about parking is bad atm. IDK abt space increase but I thought it was a good idea to open the football field for parking, but as far as getting out that will be fixed when that mountain at the top of the hill is torn off to create a turning lane with possible red lights. That's why the car wash has been torn down. Too bad it couldn't have been done before the classic, but it will be a huge task.
Pages: 1 2 3