Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bath County 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody know anything about the wildcats to turn a disappointing season around into a great one in 2010 and maybe a District 7 Championship? The cats have had a great turnaround after the 2005 season...one of the biggest in the state.
1998 5-6*
1999 4-6
2000 0-10
2001 1-9
2002 1-9
2003 1-9
2004 1-9
2005 1-9
2006 7-4*
2007 7-4*
2008 8-4*
2009 2-8* *playoff team
Good luck in 2010 Bath Co.
Bath has lost a lot to graduation over the last couple of seasons.

I do know that there QB this season was only a freshman, and they had one of the best kickers i saw all season.
Good luck to Bath Co. until they meet us, Wink. Then it's no mercy!
ohh who lewis county...it will be a good game i think...not like the past year..between bath and lewis they are both hard hitting teams. i really cant wait to see yal in owingsville.
Yeah I'm sure it will be a good game, the past couple years it's been lopsided, i hope it will be good.
Bath Co. will be MUCH better this year than last. They would have been decent last year but lost 2 of the 3 best athletes on the team for the season, and lost the 3rd for half the season to injury. The talent and numbers on the team last year were in the freshman and sophomore class. Very few upper classmen on last years team. And when things start going south on a young team, it's snowballs very quick as we all know. Good incoming freshman class (numbers and talent) this year will also be a boost .

They will post a winning record this year and may sneak up and surprise a team here and there. Good luck BC and Coach Fields!
Don't plan on anything big.
Wildcat Football 2010 isn't going to be any better than 2009. Sorry guys.
@ The IceBox
Josh Terry is a senior QB... but he claims to be hurt all the time. So yeah, technically their QB was a Freshman (Clark Kissick).
And I forgot:
Hayden Swartz is someone to be looking out for (even if they aren't much better). He is a brute and probably going to be the key in Bath County's season next year.
Who are gonna be top players for Bath Co., because of my Knowlegde they return nothing in the skill kid department. Last season Boyd never played, Terry , Stump, and Bowling were seniors.
Hayden Swartz, Garrett Vinegar, Griffon Bradley, Clark Kissick. Maybe Dalton Armitage?... that's probably it.
They have 3 brute upcoming seniors in Dalton Armitage, Shane Day and Ben Everman. Juniors Hayden Swarts(Another Brute) Garret Vinegar and Griffin Bradley and the sophomore QB Kissick. The cats are going to be very under estimated. They showed a great spring practice and annual Red-White Scrimmage this spring. The district better watch out because they are coming back and its theirs for the taking.
Where were these Bruts last season, Bath only avereged right above two TD's a game last season, around 16 ppg, 4th worst in the state. Why didnt they make any noise last season.
Everman wasn't much of a brute on the offensive end against us, even though he did score their only touchdown. He was big, but not very hard to bring down. He was good on defense though.
They are still a young team. Time will tell how they will fair in 2010. Im thinkin an average season. You never know in high school football what can happen between 2 seasons. Best to luck to all opponents this fall.
Luck to you guys as well!
theredstorm45 Wrote:They have 3 brute upcoming seniors in Dalton Armitage, Shane Day and Ben Everman. Juniors Hayden Swarts(Another Brute) Garret Vinegar and Griffin Bradley and the sophomore QB Kissick. The cats are going to be very under estimated. They showed a great spring practice and annual Red-White Scrimmage this spring. The district better watch out because they are coming back and its theirs for the taking.

2010 should be a coming out party for this team for the next several seasons from what I have seen. There will be new senior leadership on the field, and alot of talented juniors and sophomores playing that learned alot getting thrown into the fire last year. This team will shock people this year. I remember a team in 86 at BC that went 2-8 after loosing a great senior class (85' with Chris Swartz and company). They were picked to finish dead last in the EKC and district in 87' by the Ashland Daily Independant. That team finished 11-2, won the EKC, and lost in the state quarterfinals to and undeafeted team. After that, they went on a 10 year run off multiple EKC and district titles and double digit win seasons. And they did it with young players that had to learn under fire as freshman and sophomores. This is the same situation that I think may have the same type of outcome in the years ahead.

But I too wish good luck to all and am now really looking forward to football.
Theyre has been one thing in common from all the Bath Co teams that have had a good record. Theyve had a very good running back, or a very athletic back.

Of my knowing, Bath Co wont have a player that runs under a 4.8 on the team.

I hope that they win some games next season, Coach Fields is a great guy, and just needs a new crop of talent. Goodluck Bath Co Wildcats.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Theyre has been one thing in common from all the Bath Co teams that have had a good record. Theyve had a very good running back, or a very athletic back.

Of my knowing, Bath Co wont have a player that runs under a 4.8 on the team.

I hope that they win some games next season, Coach Fields is a great guy, and just needs a new crop of talent. Goodluck Bath Co Wildcats.

Well the new crop will be there...and there is one (maybe a couple actually) that can break that 4.8 barrier. May go even lower by the time he is done. But only time will tell on that. Thanks for the kind words Box. Same to you and yours.
No disrespect to Bath Co because we have always viewed them as a friendly rival, but I don't see the current group of kids that they have being very good. The guys that will be juniors haven't been very good playing together. As a matter of fact, the same group lost to the same age of kids from Lewis Co 28-0 in a freshmen game in 2008; and the guys that are going to be seniors lost in the next game in JV 14-0. Maybe they could be good in 2A, but i don't see them beating us for the next two years. Good luck though Bath County.
LClion4life Wrote:No disrespect to Bath Co because we have always viewed them as a friendly rival, but I don't see the current group of kids that they have being very good. The guys that will be juniors haven't been very good playing together. As a matter of fact, the same group lost to the same age of kids from Lewis Co 28-0 in a freshmen game in 2008; and the guys that are going to be seniors lost in the next game in JV 14-0. Maybe they could be good in 2A, but i don't see them beating us for the next two years. Good luck though Bath County.

What do you mean 2A?
2A EKY football was stronger than 3A EKY football last season.

2A Champ Ft. Campbell beats 3A Runner up Paducah Tilghman - 53-7
2A Semi Finalist Prestonburg beat 3A Semi Finalist Sheldon Clark 24-16
2A Prestonsburg beats Breathitt Co. 26- 25
2A Corbin beats 5A North Larual, South Larual, 1A Hazard and Danville.
2A Prestonsburg beat 3A Belfry
2A Shelby Valley beat 3A Pike County Central. 35-15
2A Prestonsburg beat 3A Pike County Central 46-20
Tilghman was not 3A runner-up.
Tica Wrote:Tilghman was not 3A runner-up.

Youre correct, they actually won the state championship in 09, which make my point more clear.
Well in that case, I see them struggling more than what I originally thought.