Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Landon Slone Signs with Pikeville College
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Landon Slone, his mom, and some of his family attended the Pikeville College v. Virginia Intermont game tonight. He was recognized as a special guest, shook the hand of Kelly Wells, and was shmoozing with Gov. Patton and Special Asst. to the President James Hurley.

Anyone know what was going on?
I was there and seen him get the "star" treatment tonight.
Hope to see em playing for somebody soon.
interesting...the bad thing for him is he would be prob. the third best guard on the team...With Samarco and Hicks ahead of him
Wow, what a fall from playing ball at the University of Kentucky to playing at Pikeville College...
I've been to all the home games and I would say that Trevor Setty is possibly the best player on this team.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Wow, what a fall from playing ball at the University of Kentucky to playing at Pikeville College...

Yeah, I was thinking that as well.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Wow, what a fall from playing ball at the University of Kentucky to playing at Pikeville College...

As far as the fall in division, it is a fall, but as far as the respectives teams in their divisions (NCAA D-1 and NAIA), it wouldn't be too much of a fall. Let's not forget that Pikeville College is ranked #8 in the nation at 11-1.
TheEagle Wrote:As far as the fall in division, it is a fall, but as far as the respectives teams in their divisions (NCAA D-1 and NAIA), it wouldn't be too much of a fall. Let's not forget that Pikeville College is ranked #8 in the nation at 11-1.

Not to mention has one of the best coaches in NAIA in Kelly Wells.
TheEagle Wrote:As far as the fall in division, it is a fall, but as far as the respectives teams in their divisions (NCAA D-1 and NAIA), it wouldn't be too much of a fall. Let's not forget that Pikeville College is ranked #8 in the nation at 11-1.

PC_You_Know Wrote:Not to mention has one of the best coaches in NAIA in Kelly Wells.

While I agree that Pikeville is a good team, that is still a fall.

That is like going from Fenway Park to playing catch in the backyard. Both give you nice warm fuzzies, but you will never smack one off the
Green Monster again.
lwc Wrote:While I agree that Pikeville is a good team, that is still a fall.

That is like going from Fenway Park to playing catch in the backyard. Both give you nice warm fuzzies, but you will never smack one off the
Green Monster again.

:worthy:

He never had the game to be at kentucky IMO....

I seem to recall that happening once before with Todd May It seemed this appeared on Sports Illustrated from tiny Pikeville to the NBA?
Upper levels of NAIA(which Pikeville is at) is about equal to Mid-major.

A few Mid-majors are better than top-tier NAIA's - Xavier, Butler, Gonzaga, etc.....but not a lot.
LionEagle Wrote:I seem to recall that happening once before with Todd May It seemed this appeared on Sports Illustrated from tiny Pikeville to the NBA?
Yep i believe you are correct, but May left UK for Wake Forest and then came to Pikeville College and then was drafted by the Spurs in the 4th round I do believe... not that Slone is the player May was by any means.

I didn't realize that
I think Slone would make a nice role playing addition to the Bears.
Where ever he plays I wish him the best of luck
One of my friends said he was walking on at Louisville! Is there any truth to this?
While Pikeville isn't UK there is nothing wrong with playing at Pikeville. I think Landon may not be as tallented as some players but makes up for it with his hustle. I hope he finds a place that makes him happy.
If Landon could consistently knock down the outside shot he could have a good place with the Pikeville team. The only real shooters they have are Samarco, Setty, and Hicks. He could see some good playing time if he hit consistent 3-pointers.
Nothing against Landon, but why did he recieve "Star" treatment?? He was a walk-on to one of the worst UK teams ever. This makes no sense to me.
Landon has signed with Pikeville College and will join the team next season.
This couldn't be true. It would be like cheating on your girlfriend.:zzz:
Congrats to Mr. Slone... hope he has a great career at PC
PC said, if he can be consistent with his outside shot, he could get some good playin time, but that's the only way. Pikeville has some darn good players. Landon is a good kid, I hope he does well. I just hope they don't turn him into a thug/gangsta up there like the rest of em. To be honest, I'd say he'll play one year then head back to Lexington just to go to school, just don't think he'll like it up there at PC.
Best of luck to Landon.
Has he actually enrolled at Pikeville
How do u get recruited to kentucky but cant even start for pikeville? Billy G was on more than alcohol.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How do u get recruited to kentucky but cant even start for pikeville? Billy G was on more than alcohol.

Lol
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How do u get recruited to kentucky but cant even start for pikeville? Billy G was on more than alcohol.

One thing I agree with you on.. :thatsfunn
Pages: 1 2