Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley #1 in Litkenhous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like every other year, these ratings are a joke. No need to start this thread and give more people a reason to bash Valley.
I think even the most ardent Shelby Valley supporter would agree that there is no way they are the #1 team in the state. I have no idea what the C-J uses to compute these ratings, but obviously they are off.

And like PC said, please let's not use this as an excuse to bash Shelby Valley or their fans. Trust me, we already know they shouldn't be ranked this high, so don't blame us for something we have no control over. As far as I know, the C-J doesn't have an SV alum making the Lit ratings... :igiveup:
I believe SV "can" be the number 1 team in the state if they play well. But this early in the year, I dont think they are the number one team. But i believe by the end of the year they will be up there in the rankings.
no way valley is #1 in the State. top 10 might sound alright.

but like PC said, no need for this thread. we dont need nomore bashing
Ballard has earned the right to be #1. These ranking along with Cantrells place a lot of weight on margin of victory.
To show that these rankings are a joke, even more, they have Holmes ranked #16.

I'm not going to sit here and say they're the best team in the state, but love them or hate them, I think we all know that Holmes is a top 5 team in the state and by seasons end will be in the top 2 or 3.

Cantrell's rankings are a joke too. They have Eastern #18 and Clark Co #16. This is why I've never been a fan of letting computers compile rankings through formulas. They put too much in to margin of victory rather than using strength of schedule and quality of competition being beat.
5timechamp Wrote:Ballard has earned the right to be #1. These ranking along with Cantrells place a lot of weight on margin of victory.

Which is why Elliott Co was ranked #1 for much of last season.

They put too much emphasis on margin of victory and amount of points scored.
Here we go again.............
Stardust Wrote:Here we go again.............

A mod could do SV a favor and just close this to stop the bashing before it begins. An SV fan didn't start it so it isn't the fault of their fanbase.
"Congratulations" to this group. TongueirateSho

The Lit ratings have been around a long time to put an Eastern Kentucky team on top of the state well needless to say there was a lot of "pride" swallowed in this rating.

Ratings are not nothing more than just something to talk about at the local barber shops yet, for us Eastern Kentuckians it has been a long time before this has happened. Way to Go Valley !!!! :Clap:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Like every other year, these ratings are a joke. No need to start this thread and give more people a reason to bash Valley.

Kinda funny that just two years ago nobody from SV had a problem bashin Landon Slone and Paintsville in every thread.

Now you and everybody else up there knows what it feels like.

As for Shelby Valley being ranked #1, I'll agree with everybody else, they are not the best team in the state. I do however think that they are a top 15 team, possibly top 10.
Redneck Wrote:Kinda funny that just two years ago nobody from SV had a problem bashin Landon Slone and Paintsville in every thread.

Now you and everybody else up there knows what it feels like.

As for Shelby Valley being ranked #1, I'll agree with everybody else, they are not the best team in the state. I do however think that they are a top 15 team, possibly top 10.

I said Landon couldn't play D1 and I was right, look where he's at now, rumored to be coming to Pikeville College. Not really bashing when it's the truth. He has transfered from two D1 programs in two years.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I said Landon couldn't play D1 and I was right, look where he's at now, rumored to be coming to Pikeville College. Not really bashing when it's the truth. He has transfered from two D1 programs in two years.

I'm not talkin about Landon playin at the D-1 level, I'm talkin about all the threads durin that season and all of the Pville/SV threads. It wasn't just Landon, everybody bashed that entire team. IDC if Landon wasn't good enough to play D-1 ball, go back and read the posts from back then, I never said he was good enough to play D-1. And as far as that goes, you don't know how Justice is gonna do at that level, he may never touch the floor. Personally, I hope he does good at Louisville.
Redneck Wrote:I'm not talkin about Landon playin at the D-1 level, I'm talkin about all the threads durin that season and all of the Pville/SV threads. It wasn't just Landon, everybody bashed that entire team. IDC if Landon wasn't good enough to play D-1 ball, go back and read the posts from back then, I never said he was good enough to play D-1. And as far as that goes, you don't know how Justice is gonna do at that level, he may never touch the floor. Personally, I hope he does good at Louisville.

Well I'm glad you think so.
I don't remember ever bashing Paintsville or Landon. I found it sad then and I find it sad now that people don't support such a good team. All teams have fans who build them up, but people who really know basketball should see the talent and dedication in this team and appreciate them. When Paintsville was really good they had lots of support on here from their fans and that is going on with SV now. After this year, you'll see much less of their fans like you see with Paintsville now.

SV has had an amazing run over the past 10 years and they deserve some credit for that . . . and lots less criticism.
No way there #1
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I don't remember ever bashing Paintsville or Landon. I found it sad then and I find it sad now that people don't support such a good team. All teams have fans who build them up, but people who really know basketball should see the talent and dedication in this team and appreciate them. When Paintsville was really good they had lots of support on here from their fans and that is going on with SV now. After this year, you'll see much less of their fans like you see with Paintsville now.

SV has had an amazing run over the past 10 years and they deserve some credit for that . . . and lots less criticism.

Well stated.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I don't remember ever bashing Paintsville or Landon. I found it sad then and I find it sad now that people don't support such a good team. All teams have fans who build them up, but people who really know basketball should see the talent and dedication in this team and appreciate them. When Paintsville was really good they had lots of support on here from their fans and that is going on with SV now. After this year, you'll see much less of their fans like you see with Paintsville now.

Exactly. I was just makin the point to PC that he now knows how it feels to have alot of people bashin on his team. And now that they are gettin bashed all the time, he thinks people should quit bashin. It's different when the shoe is on the other foot. I picked Valley to win the region long before the season ever started, actually I think I called that right after Elliott beat them in the Sweet Sixteen last year. I'm not bashin Valley, they are a very good team. Like everyone else, I just don't think they are the #1 team in the state.
Redneck Wrote:Exactly. I was just makin the point to PC that he now knows how it feels to have alot of people bashin on his team. And now that they are gettin bashed all the time, he thinks people should quit bashin. It's different when the shoe is on the other foot. I picked Valley to win the region long before the season ever started, actually I think I called that right after Elliott beat them in the Sweet Sixteen last year. I'm not bashin Valley, they are a very good team. Like everyone else, I just don't think they are the #1 team in the state.

I agree.
Enjoy it and revel in the fact that the CJ has a mountain team as #1 regardless of its lack of validity. It does what it intends to do... stir talk about basketball throughout the state. I, for one, would rather have SV #1 than Scott Co, Lex. Cath., or some other Louisville school.
Redneck Wrote:Exactly. I was just makin the point to PC that he now knows how it feels to have alot of people bashin on his team. And now that they are gettin bashed all the time, he thinks people should quit bashin. It's different when the shoe is on the other foot. I picked Valley to win the region long before the season ever started, actually I think I called that right after Elliott beat them in the Sweet Sixteen last year. I'm not bashin Valley, they are a very good team. Like everyone else, I just don't think they are the #1 team in the state.

I agree as well.
I support and love seeing mtn. schools get respect but they have Valley rated 8.8 pts higher than the #2 team Ballard which is what i found more interesting than having them at #1. Its not even close according to the rating. Congrats reguardless.
I'm not buying the #1 ranking at all. Valley is at best #8-10 in the state. No depth will catch up to them. Although I like the recognition the mountains are getting!
catfan1 Wrote:Valley is at best #8-10 in the state.

Which is impressive for a mountain team...
In no way is Valley #1 .. I think that with their speed and defense that they are a top 5 team but to truely say that that Valley would beat Holmes and Ballard.... I we would just have to see them play. It is great that that a mountain team gets some attention but it is that reason that the computers puts them so high. Not too many other teams in the mountains can play with Valley and because of the style of wins and amount they probably will shoot up the computer rankings.
Valley is 4-5 at best.