Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jets 37 - Bengals 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho:rockon:
One word:

Embarrassing
Wow! Talk about phoning it in!
^ Happened all day yesterday: Cincy, Philly, Giants, Cards
Jets will beat them in the playoffs too..
Bengals will get them next week
7 total yards in the first half by the bengals.
Who do the Steelers play in the first round of the playoffs? Oh yeah! They didn't make it. Steelers barely beat the Dolphins yesterday too, would've lost if Henne hadn't went down since Pat White hasn't completed an NFL pass yet. But anyways, we'll be back next week.
If they don't turn things around next week, I look for a new offensive coordinator. One that will realize "hey, we have a Pro Bowl QB, maybe we should throw it a little..." When you have Palmer, Ochocinco, and Benson, how can an offense struggle like they have down the stretch? In the games and drives where they were a pass first offense, they scored! Running first worked for the first part of the season, but teams are catching on and stacking the box, yet we keep trying to run it instead of throwing it to open up those running holes. Benson is an excellent back, but he doesn't have a chance on a team that won't throw the ball.
IMO this game was to keep the steelers from coming to cincy.
Stardust, where are you? I need you to make me feel better about next weeks matchup.
Jshort5 Wrote:Stardust, where are you? I need you to make me feel better about next weeks matchup.
I said earlier the Jets were the worst playoff team in recent memory. Ive changed my mind. This Bengals team is not playing well at all, and its been several weeks since theyve put together a good game. 72 yards of offense, 0 passing yards (4-19 passing, 1-11 by Palmer?)...Since your so positive about your teams chances, care to make a wager on next weeks game? The Jets are playing MUCH better than Cincy. Yeah go ahead and throw the "we rested our starters" gig at me (you were down 24-0 when you rested them)..Rex Ryans defense will punish Cincy next week..Ouchostinko wont be 100%..no we didnt make the playoffs but I wish we were the New York Jets next week..Hope you enjoyed your season, because it looks like reality has already set in, as of Jan. 3rd, 2010.
MSU Eagle Wrote:If they don't turn things around next week, I look for a new offensive coordinator. One that will realize "hey, we have a Pro Bowl QB, maybe we should throw it a little..." When you have Palmer, Ochocinco, and Benson, how can an offense struggle like they have down the stretch? In the games and drives where they were a pass first offense, they scored! Running first worked for the first part of the season, but teams are catching on and stacking the box, yet we keep trying to run it instead of throwing it to open up those running holes. Benson is an excellent back, but he doesn't have a chance on a team that won't throw the ball.

Totally agreed
Jshort5 Wrote:Stardust, where are you? I need you to make me feel better about next weeks matchup.

No way that next week turns out like this week. As I said earlier, several playoff teams this week laid eggs, some got blasted. In the prediction thread I stated that the Bengals would have no chance of winning that game. I put no credence in what the Jets did offensively. Many want to point that the Jets still scored against most of the Bengals starters, but did anyone notice the Defensive set's the Bengals were playing? This was a game of "Show them nothing". The Jets had to pull out all stops in order to get into the playoffs, so the Defense has all week to prepare for a team that showed every trick in their bag. I was shocked to see the offensive sets that the Jets conitnued to show even when the score was obvious that the Bengals were going to do nothing. IMO, the Jet's coaching staff should be blasted for giving away the entire gameplan for next week.

It's playoff football next week, which means that this will be a completely different game than last night. Both teams will prepare differently. I'm not gurenteeing a victory for the Bengals, the injuries have me concerned, but I do feel the Bengals are headed to Indianapolis in two weeks for their second round game.
An MRI to wide receiver Chad Ochocinco revealed no structural damage to his left knee.

Ochocinco said on his Twitter page Monday that the “MRI went well”. Before going to get the MRI the ninth-year receiver said that he was unable to extend his knee. Ochocinco bruised the knee during pregame warm-ups before Sunday’s game against the New York Jets.

He could be limited in practice on Tuesday and Wednesday or not participate. After Sunday’s game, coach Marvin Lewis did not seem concerned about the injury.
Defensive tackle Pat Sims has been placed on injured reserve after fracturing his forearm against the Jets. He started seven games this year and had 36 tackles. Taking over his roster spot is cornerback Keiwan Ratliff who played in eight games this year with Pittsburgh. Ratliff was drafted by the Bengals in the second round and played for over three seasons with the team.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:IMO this game was to keep the steelers from coming to cincy.
It would have been the Texans if they would have won
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Jets will beat them in the playoffs too..

I hate to say it but you are right.
This was an absolute beat down.:igiveup: