Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC 108 Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rashad Evans def. Thiago Silva via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Paul Daley def. Dustin Hazelett via knockout (punches) - Round 1, 2:24

Sam Stout def. Joe Lauzon via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)

Jim Miller def. Duane "Bang" Ludwig via submission (arm-bar) - Round 1, 2:31

Junior Dos Santos def. Gilbert Yvel via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 2:07

Martin Kampmann def. Jacob Volkmann via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 4:03

Cole Miller def. Dan Lauzon via submission (kimura from inverted triangle) - Round 1, 3:05

Mark Munoz def. Ryan Jensen via submission (punches) - Round 1, 2:30

Jake Ellenberger def. Mike Pyle via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 0:22

Rafaello Oliveira def. John Gunderson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Are any of these results an upset?
Easily the worst card, with the worst fights Ive ever seen in a PPV event.
That sucks that Louisa native Hazelett lost.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Easily the worst card, with the worst fights Ive ever seen in a PPV event.

Agreed, the only thing that was going to be possitive about it was the Rampage factor. Once he dropped, so did I
Didn't even watch it, th matchups didn't look entertaining to me!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Easily the worst card, with the worst fights Ive ever seen in a PPV event.

I agree.
I dont think you guys watched the same 108 as I did. Or your just quick to judge because of all the big name drop outs. Check it out, only 2 fights went to a decision. (aired fights) And only 4 fights all night went past round 1. Which let us see almost the entire card. Most all fights to me were very entertaining, and I was very happy with the card.
I was as down about it going into the PPV as everyone else, but was left very satisfied at the end of the night.

I can go back and find at least 10 worse PPV's. May be not the names, but the fight quality was above par. Id rather see 2 up and comers go to war, than 2 named fighters dance and lay for 15 minutes.
csabo17 Wrote:I can go back and find at least 10 worse PPV's. May be not the names, but the fight quality was above par. Id rather see 2 up and comers go to war, than 2 named fighters dance and lay for 15 minutes.
I dont pay attention to the names..I too, pay attention to the quality of the fights, and the quality of fights, to me, was barely worthy of the time to watch them. Im a HUGE MMA fan, have been for several years, but this just wasnt very good as far as action goes. I will say though, that the Fight Night on Spike a few days ago was very good, much much better than UFC 108.