Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan 51 Letcher County Central 40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from JBS.
Is this Letcher County? Please use the whole name. Thx
I really didn't expect to see this score.

Congrats Crusaders!
Got to make it to this game. I figured it would be interesting in determining the 2nd seed for the 53rd district. A much needed win for JBS and you could see that they wanted the game. As for Letcher Central; I was a little confused at the tactics of the Letcher Cent. coach. I am no coach and never will claim to be, but letting the Stepp kid shoot wide open all night really confused me and flat out killed Letcher. JBS played it smart by stalling the ball for the last few minutes.
Any Stats??
Congrats JBS
Congrats June Buchanan.
congrats JBS!
Congrats JBS!
very great game by the crusaders. cant wait until march
Very good win for JBS. There having a pretty good season thus far.
I did not expect much out of this team but they are showing they can compete.
congrats jbs.........
Come on lcc
40 Points from LCC and an 11 point loss to JBS(And not taking anything away from JBS). Something is VERY WRONG with this picture, but I am hushing...I don't get any of it and never will understand why....But I hope it was worth it.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:40 Points from LCC and an 11 point loss to JBS(And not taking anything away from JBS). Something is VERY WRONG with this picture, but I am hushing...I don't get any of it and never will understand why....But I hope it was worth it.

Yeah, doesn't make any sense. LCC pretty much beat themselves from the sounds of their game plan that they had there!
Congrats JBS!!!!
JBS has some pretty good talent, Not shocked at all..
Letcher Co. Central 6 17 6 11 40

June Buchanan 9 11 16 15 51

Letcher Co. Central (4-7) -- Johnson 8, Roark 16, Cornett 6, Ballou 2, Brock 2, Stewart 6.
June Buchanan (6-5) -- Stepp 19, Childers 12, Slone 7, Thompson 4, Thomas 9.

http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/102673...PIorderBy=

I'm just wondering what Letcher did different in the 2nd quarter that they weren't able to do in the rest of the game?
Saw his name in the box score, was just wondering I though he had quit early in the season. I assume that is Koree
Didnt see this coming !! Nice win for JBS!
Woodrow Call Wrote:Saw his name in the box score, was just wondering I though he had quit early in the season. I assume that is Koree
Yes, he has been reinstated.
viewfromafar Wrote:=As for Letcher Central; I was a little confused at the tactics of the Letcher Cent. coach. I am no coach and never will claim to be, but letting the Stepp kid shoot wide open all night really confused me and flat out killed Letcher. JBS played it smart by stalling the ball for the last few minutes.

Never appeared to be the sharpest tool in the drawer. I mean, he came to a team not returning too much at all, they lost pretty much all their players last year and gave up one of the best players in the state at West Jessamine. Nope, doesn't make much sense the things that he has done or the things he is doing with this team, but he doesn't have much to work with in the first place, I guess you really won't know how good of coach he is until he gets some more players. But, leaving Stepp open all night was not a very good idea by him. :yawn:
First of all I did not support the decision to let Coach Justice go at LCC. He had earned the right to come or go on his own.
As far as Coach Hammonds his decision to stay at WJ or come to LCC was a very difficult one on him and his family. I personally have witnessed his preparation of practices, pre-games, and games. He is a very good coach in attention to detail in all the aforementioned areas. He has proven that everywhere he has been, and will eventually at LCC.
As far as this game, I was not personally there and can not comment, but knowing his scouting reports, I can honestly say it would never say leave Stepp wide open.

Give Coach Hammonds, his staff, and players the distance to correct mistakes and they will shine in the upcoming year(s).
[quote=mountain hoops guru]Never appeared to be the sharpest tool in the drawer. I mean, he came to a team not returning too much at all, they lost pretty much all their players last year and gave up one of the best players in the state at West Jessamine. Nope, doesn't make much sense the things that he has done or the things he is doing with this team, but he doesn't have much to work with in the first place, I guess you really won't know how good of coach he is until he gets some more players. But, leaving Stepp open all night was not a very good idea by him. :yawn:[/QUOTE

I think you should probably change your name, because if you were a "Mountain hoops guru " you might understand that you have a team, of young players that are trying to learn a new system, and they dont have a legit point guard, as for you saying the kids a LCC , are not much to work with, proves your not a hoops guru, the freshmen last year, went 20 -0, the JV only lost 2 games all year!!!! You shouldn't put any players on any team down, and as for leaving Stepp open all night they didnt do that, they got a hand in his face when they could get through the screens. I didnt agree with his (Hammonds) game plan, but he is the coach and the kids have to try their best to do what he wants !!!!!!!!
good district win for JBS.