Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gilbert Arenas and Teammate pull guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw this on ESPN..Gilbert Arenas as one of his teammates pulled guns on easch other in a dispute in the locker room at the verizon center...The dispute was over a gambling debt that Arenas refused to pay

Real role models for the kids..

Artest Drinking in locker room and now arenas pulls gun in the locker room
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4787825"]Report says Washington Wizards Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other - ESPN[/ame]
there is the link
NEW YORK -- Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Last week, the Wizards and Arenas acknowledged that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker, and the NBA said it was looking into the situation.

It was during that investigation that a confrontation between Arenas and Crittenton was revealed, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

Arenas

Crittenton

The dispute stemmed from an unspecified disagreement, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Citing an anonymous source, the Post reported in Friday's edition, however, that the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt.

That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources told the Post.

Asked by the newspaper about the confrontation, Arenas denied pulling a gun on Crittenton.

"This is unprecedented in the history of sports," Billy Hunter, executive director of the NBA players' association, told the Post. "I've never heard of players pulling guns on each other in a locker room."

The Wizards issued a statement Dec. 24 that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation.

On Tuesday, Washington, D.C. police said they were investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center.

Now, the federal government is also involved. Ben Friedman, a spokesman for the US Attorney's Office in DC, told the Post "we're working with the Metropolitan Police Department on the investigation."
Why they allow them to bring guns into the arena/locker room is beyond me.
The NBA is nothing but a bunch of thugs... exactly why I dont watch a second of it.
Who the heck is Javaris Crittenton
Plaxico anyone? Put them in jail.
^ I agree
Ron Artest Drinks in locker room
Arenas pulls gun on player in locker room
And 4 Tennessee players arested and charged with drugs and weapon
Great role models these days...
theVILLE Wrote:Ron Artest Drinks in locker room

These Days???

Ty Cobb pulls a gun on a fan
Babe Ruth drinks during games
Wilt Chmberlain sleeps with 20,000 women
Eddie Sutton puts UK on probation
Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds juice up to break homerun records.....

and it's bad now?????
Stardust Wrote:These Days???

Ty Cobb pulls a gun on a fan
Babe Ruth drinks during games
Wilt Chmberlain sleeps with 20,000 women
Eddie Sutton puts UK on probation
Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds juice up to break homerun records.....

and it's bad now?????
In society at that time neither of these were really frowned upon.

Been plenty more coaches besides Sutton to get thier teams put on probation. Hasn't Kelvin Sampson done it twice?
theVILLE Wrote:Ron Artest Drinks in locker room

Rick Pitino Gets Around.....
Amun-Ra Wrote:In society at that time neither of these were really frowned upon.

Been plenty more coaches besides Sutton to get thier teams put on probation. Hasn't Kelvin Sampson done it twice?

Not my point. My point is that stupid thing by athletes that makes them not a "Role Model" didn't just start lately
theVILLE Wrote:Saw this on ESPN..Gilbert Arenas as one of his teammates pulled guns on easch other in a dispute in the locker room at the verizon center...The dispute was over a gambling debt that Arenas refused to pay

Real role models for the kids..

Artest Drinking in locker room and now arenas pulls gun in the locker room

Ahh this isnt a big deal. Me and my teammates used to do this all the time :biggrin:
Reanimate Wrote:Ahh this isnt a big deal. Me and my teammates used to do this all the time :biggrin:

Yea but those was water guns ....... LOL
Stardust Wrote:Not my point. My point is that stupid thing by athletes that makes them not a "Role Model" didn't just start lately

Great point but can we agree that it is happening more often now as 20 years ago??
they must have had flash backs from the ghetto days when they were pitchin quarters and apparently arenas didnt pay his 75 cents. what a shame. hahahah
These players have it all but yet there never satisfied. Arenas signed 100 million dollar contract....
I just heard from a buddy that they were arguing on the plane about a debt..and when they got in locker room (where arenas stores his gun to keep away from his kids) they began arguing again...put arenas didnt pull a gun..I also heard he was suing the new york times???
theVILLE Wrote:Great point but can we agree that it is happening more often now as 20 years ago??
Not really..that was the height of the cocaine era in sports, and it was heading into the "steroid era"..every other day you seen somebody getting busted for coke, gun possession, etc..this era, right now, is probably the best era for role models in the last fifty years or so..it may not seem like it, but it is..I mean, in 1970, Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter on LSD for cryin out loud, lol..
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:The NBA is nothing but a bunch of thugs... exactly why I dont watch a second of it.

Well said.