Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Invitational Tournament: Trinity Earns 9th Straight Bid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TRINITY ATHLETICS

December 31, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Shamrocks to Face Fern Creek in LIT
Rocks Earn Ninth Straight Bid to Tournament
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Trinity earned its ninth consecutive bid to the Louisville Invitational Tournament on Thursday and will face Fern Creek in an opening game on Tuesday, January 12, 2009 at Bellarmine’s Knight’s Hall.
The tournament will be held Jan. 11-16, 2010 at Bellarmine and Atherton.
Trinity’s ninth consecutive bid is the second best streak in the state. Only Pleasure Ridge Park’s 19 consecutive tournament appearances surpasses the Shamrocks’ streak.
Trinity won the 2005 Louisville Invitational Tournament, the first title in program history.
The Shamrocks are 10-2 on the season and have won the state’s two most prestigious holiday tournaments, the Canfield Development King of the Bluegrass and Republic Bank Holiday Classic. Led by Mr. Basketball candidate Josh Sewell, Trinity is the only team to ever claim both titles in the same season.
With the championship win in the King of the Bluegrass, head coach Mike Szabo became the only coach in state history to claim titles in the King of the Bluegrass, Republic Bank Classic and Louisville Invitational Tournament in their career.
Trinity is 8-7 in the tournament during the Mike Szabo era, reaching the quarterfinals on four occasions. He earned the program’s first quarterfinals appearance in 2002 after beating rival St. Xavier by five.
Monday, Jan. 11
St. Xavier (16) vs. Western (17), 3:30 p.m.; Manual (13) vs. Valley (20), 5; Christian Academy (15) vs. DeSales, 6:30; Beth Haven (14) vs. Butler (19), 8:15

Tuesday, Jan. 12
Iroquois (6) vs. Male (11), 3:30 p.m.; Moore (7) vs. Fairdale (10), 5; Trinity (5) vs. Fern Creek (12), 6:30; Pleasure Ridge Park (8) vs. Bullitt East (9), 8:15

Wednesday, Jan. 13
Ballard (1) vs. St. Xavier-Western winner, 3:30 p.m.; Jeffersontown (4) vs. Manual-Valley winner, 5; Eastern (2) vs. Christian Academy-DeSales winner, 6:30; Seneca (3) vs. Beth Haven-Butler winner, 8:15

Friday, Jan. 15
Quarterfinals at 3:30 p.m., 5, 6:30 and 8:15

Saturday, Jan. 16
Semifinals at 10:30 a.m. and noon (at Atherton); final at 8 p.m.
This will be a very exciting tournament - just as it is every season.

Does anyone know if they'll be a live broadcast of any of these games?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This will be a very exciting tournament - just as it is every season.

Does anyone know if they'll be a live broadcast of any of these games?

I sure hope so. There will be some great matchups in this tourney.
Anyone have the brackets or a link to them?
^ I would guess you could surmise the brackets based on the schedule above
Stumbled onto this and thought I'd help. I tried to make this look like a bracket for anyone who was just too lazy like me :biggrin:. It shows the opening and first rounds.

----------------
-------1 Ballard
16 St. Xavier---
---------St. Xavier / Western
17 Western
-----------------------8 Pleasure Ridge Park
-----------------------9 Bullitt East

-----------------------5 Trinity
----------------------12 Fern Creek

-----------------------4 Jeffersontown
13 DuPont Manual---
------DuPont Manual / Valley
20 Valley

-----------------------3 Seneca
14 Beth Haven----
--------Beth Haven / Butler
19 Butler

-----------------------6 Iroquois
----------------------11 Male

-----------------------7 Moore
----------------------10 Fairdale

-----------------------2 Eastern
15 Christian Academy---- Christian Academy / DeSales
DeSales
Wow !! such an achievement from a school that across the board really has to motivate thier students to participate. Go Trinity