Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 53 Betsy Layne 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Panthers take advantage of a huge second half from Gatlin Clark (17 points) and take home the hardware. Very impressive game from Pikeville. However, Free-throwing shooting is still in dire need of improvement. HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Congrats to the Panthers on a very nice win!!!
Congrats on the Championship Panthers
Neutral Fan, first off congrats pikeville looked good. I didnt like the foul differential. They favored Pikeville and dont get me wrong it wouldnt have mattered. Anytime you have jimmie Cecil(hates betsy layne)johnny webb (coached at pikeville) it looks bad. I wish pikeville would have gotten different ref's it wouldnt had made a difference but they left a bad taste for me.
Pikevilles clark I think is his name was great, really impressed.
Congratulations to Coach Bart Williams and his staff. The addition of Clark really makes this team a tough match-up for other teams in the region. (Except one)

Betsy Layne had two good wins during the tournament (Woodford Co.,Letcher Central)

Going to be interesting in the 59th....
sportscritic Wrote:Neutral Fan, first off congrats pikeville looked good. I didnt like the foul differential. They favored Pikeville and dont get me wrong it wouldnt have mattered. Anytime you have jimmie Cecil(hates betsy layne)johnny webb (coached at pikeville) it looks bad. I wish pikeville would have gotten different ref's it wouldnt had made a difference but they left a bad taste for me.
The foul differential was almost none? Betsy Layne may have fouled two or three more times in the 2nd half once they were trailing. But up until that point I know BL went into the double bonus first in the second half. Fouls were pretty even.
I kinda thought that Betsy Layne would win this one. I guess the addition of Clark has really helped to improve them. Congrats on a huge win!
It seems to me like a little home cooking in the PIT again
The final tally for fouls
Betsy Layne 20
Pikeville 12
Betsy Layne fouled pikeville twice in the last 2:12

trust me, I have it wrote down, not a fan of either
Doesn't the 15th have an assigning secretary?
Brent Rose is the assigning secretary. He is the former head coach at Betsy layne. Now the principal at Prestonsburg elementary.
pikeville tourney, pikeville's choice

but nevertheless
congrats pikeville!
To be honest, looks like these are the same referees that work most of the games in the 15th. IMO, the weakest link in the basketball system in this area. Our kids deserve better than to have to endured the sub par efforts by these "fine" gentlemen.
sportscritic Wrote:Neutral Fan, first off congrats pikeville looked good. I didnt like the foul differential. They favored Pikeville and dont get me wrong it wouldnt have mattered. Anytime you have jimmie Cecil(hates betsy layne)johnny webb (coached at pikeville) it looks bad. I wish pikeville would have gotten different ref's it wouldnt had made a difference but they left a bad taste for me.

I didn't see the game, but I don't believe for one second Jimmy Cecil would throw a game. Why would he hate BL. His Dad started the football program there. He and his two brothers played, graduated, and coached at Betsy Layne. When Betsy Layne made the playoffs for the first time in history (football) his family paid for an ad to run on local tv congradulating the team. Jimmy Cecil and his family are nothing but a class act.
I made it to the BL/Pike game last night, and after hearing about the fouls, I thought I must have been at a different game. So I decided to find out for sure on the fouls. I had the scorebook checked, and here they are first half- Pikeville 6 Betsy Layne 6 The second half Pikeville 12 and Betsy Layne 12. That makes 18 fouls called on each team.
No matter who you get in the 15th, it is not going to be a very well called game. However, that doesn;t mean there is cheating involved.
sportscritic Wrote:The final tally for fouls
Betsy Layne 20
Pikeville 12

BlueSky Wrote:I made it to the BL/Pike game last night, and after hearing about the fouls, I thought I must have been at a different game. So I decided to find out for sure on the fouls. I had the scorebook checked, and here they are first half- Pikeville 6 Betsy Layne 6 The second half Pikeville 12 and Betsy Layne 12. That makes 18 fouls called on each team.
If the officiating had been in Pikeville's favor, I would have no problem admitting it. But that was not the case. Bad calls were made both ways. The foul totals you have marked down are wrong. Pikeville had 12 fouls called on them in the 2nd half alone. Like I said I feel almost certain they were within 2-3 fouls of each other if not exactly the same. I will check the book with my own eyes on Saturday and report back, but I feel that BlueSky is reporting correct information. So, stop trying to spread false infromation that is taking away from the mild upset the Panthers pulled.
Jimmie Cecil has so much love for betsy layne then why does he not call betsy layne football games, oh wait I know, during my senior year he cheated us out of going to playoffs red's first year against SF. It was the worst calling game ever. The rest of the cecil family is awesome, everything they have done I am greatly appreciative(sp).

Congrats pikeville great win, the clark kid can play!
sportscritic Wrote:The final tally for fouls
Betsy Layne 20
Pikeville 12

If you are not a fan of either why would you write down the fouls. It was on the scoreboard for all to see. I thought it was horrible officiating both ways.
I was in town to talk to a coach.
im a betsy layne fan and was at the game i hate hearing people talk about the refs guys we lost plain and simple the refs might have made questionable calls but really what game is there when they do not? betsy layne just got tired and pikeville played a great second half....btw where was nathan martin? he was hidding somewhere tonite. i thought adkins and newman played great games for the bobcats
Pikeville simply out played BL in the second half. Great game by Clark from P-ville. Great game by B.Adkins from BL and a good game by Newman from BL. Altho I was a bit confused on how Newman did not make the all Tourn. team. Martin??? I didn't see much from this kid in the last 2 games. Yes he played great in the first round, but 1 out of 3 games and he makes the all Tourn. team????

Congrats to Pikeville!
Good luck BL..better step it up tho!!
Please do not forget. I have checked it has 18 fouls on each team. Of course that is just fouls. There are other ways of helping and hurting teams. But I do not believe I have seen an official out right cheat. They have a difficult job, and of course some are better than others like in anything else...
betsylaynealum Wrote:Jimmie Cecil has so much love for betsy layne then why does he not call betsy layne football games, oh wait I know, during my senior year he cheated us out of going to playoffs red's first year against SF. It was the worst calling game ever. The rest of the cecil family is awesome, everything they have done I am greatly appreciative(sp).

Congrats pikeville great win, the clark kid can play!

I wasn't at the BL football game you are refering to so I don't know what went down at that game. Maybe Jimmy made a bad call or calls. Maybe he didn't. I don't know. But if he did, I don't think it was intentional.
Time to move on, BL beat two good teams to make it to the finals their road was a little harder and it showed, Clark came in and made some big shots and pikeville won, BL has Phelps sat. I think the bobcats will be fine but they can't aford to have any more players leave the team.
I think they will get additional help, bl is still very young.
Who left the team??
Not sure but heard Adam Howell and Steven Johnson
Congratulations Panthers on a great win . Great to see Clark playing so well.
IMO the Panthers controlled the temple of the game, thats what won the game...The Bobcats want to run up and down the floor, the Panthers didn't let that happen...
Pages: 1 2