Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alex Legion leaves Illinois basketball team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alex Legion, a highly touted transfer from Kentucky when he joined the Illinois basketball team last season, has left the program.

"I talked to him about it last week before he left and he just kind of felt he needed to do it." coach Bruce Weber said. "I talked to him about different situations, where he could go, what he could do, stay here, go, whatever. He's a good kid, he had a difficult situation and you feel bad for him. I just hope the next situation ends up working out for him.

"Everyone wants to have success and he just didn't have the success he had hoped for and I think we had hoped for."

Legion played in 33 games for the Illini, scoring 107 points (3.2 avg.). A junior guard, he had a season-high 11 points vs. Presbyterian on Nov. 21. He scored a career-high 15 points last year at Michigan State.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/200...-team.html
Too bad, this kid just never got it together
Is this suprising at all? I mean really.
Nope, and to think everyone blamed BCG for running Legion out. No, Legion ran himself out
He should have just stayed at Kentucky!
^ Amen, he'd be the first guy off the bench right now, heck, he might have even started and Beldsoe would be coming off the bench
Am I the only one glad he left? I mean look. He listened to much to his mom and bought into his own stardom. Now already losing one year of eligibility, he would have to transfer to D-2 to keep from having to sit out another year.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Am I the only one glad he left? I mean look. He listened to much to his mom and bought into his own stardom. Now already losing one year of eligibility, he would have to transfer to D-2 to keep from having to sit out another year.

Mom was defintely a headcase. Too bad for the kid. I'll take him a NKU
Stardust Wrote:Mom was defintely a headcase. Too bad for the kid. I'll take him a NKU

:Thumbs:
Look for him to show up at Georgetown College, Mountiain State(WV), Martin Methodist(TN), or Pikeville College(well not so sure sin McCoy left). Anyway these schools pride themseve on signing players who underachieve and can't make it at the DI level for eighter low grades,burn out,troubled past, being kicked out of school, trouble with the law, or whatever. I'm sure hes already on Happys radar at Georgetown.:biggrin:
some people just dont realize what they have until its too late
Mountain State in WV is loaded with talent they have Nick Aldridge, a former South Webster(OH) standout that signed with Cincy but got into some trouble and then went to Western Carolina and transferred to Mountain State, he is averaging 22.36 ppg and is 6th in NAIA in scoring. MSU is 14-0.
I think he is gonna try to play for every division 1 school there is. he may do it.
memphistiger Wrote:I think he is gonna try to play for every division 1 school there is. he may do it.

Thats what he's doing!! How didnt I see it before?. lol, at this rate, he might just pull it off
Forgot all about Legion honestly, lol.