Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity vs. Highlands 12/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SHAMROCKS REACH RBHC QUARTERFINALS FOR SIXTH TIME
SHAMROCKS CLAIMED KING OF THE BLUEGRASS TITLE ON DEC. 22
Trinity has advanced to the quarterfinals of the Republic Bank Holiday Classic for the sixth time in program history and will face off against Ft. Thomas Highlands at 3:30 p.m. today for a chance to play in the semifinals of the event for the third time in school history.
Trinity is making its seventh all-time appearance in the Republic Bank Holiday Classic. Trinity has made a major impact in their six previous appearances in the event, including a title in 2004 and third place finish in 2002. Trinity is making its third straight and seventh appearance overall in the Republic Bank Classic. All-time, the Shamrocks are 17-6 in the event, with three of the losses coming in overtime. The Shamrocks won the 2004 event behind outstanding play from seniors Kyle Saxton, Bret Saxton and Zach Berry.

15th ANNIVERSARY OF LAST 100-POINT GAME FOR SHAMROCKS
It has now been 15 years since the last time Trinity scored 100 points in a game. The last time Trinity put up 100 points was December 28, 1994. Trinity lost the game against Cleveland Benadictine, 103-102. In the game, four Shamrocks scored in double figures, led by Kevin Frey’s 45-point effort on 17-of-24 shooting from the field and a 9-of-9 effort from the charity stripe. The game was played at Bishop Hartley High School. Following the 100-point effort, the Shamrocks played their final 22 games of the 1994-95 season without reaching the century mark.

2009-10 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS
• Senior Josh Sewell is a top candidate for Kentucky’s Mr. Basketball Award
• Trinity wins 2009 Canfield Development King of the Bluegrass Holiday Classic for the first time in program history. Senior Josh Sewell was named the Bob White Most Valuable Player of the event and to the All-Tournament Team after averaging 20.5 points per game. Senior Taylor Epley was named to the All-Tournament Team after averaging 17.0 points per game in the four game span.
• Senior Josh Sewell averaging 25.7 points per game against district opponents (three games).
• Senior Josh Sewell signed a national letter of intent to play basketball at Miami (Ohio) on November 11, 2009.

STATISTICAL JUMP SHOTS
• Today’s game marks the 25th all-time for the Shamrocks in the Republic Bank Holiday Classic.
• A win today could set up a rematch with Clark County. The Cardinals play Male at 8pm this evening. Trinity and Clark County matched up in the semifinals of last week’s Canfield Development King of the Bluegrass.
• Trinity is 18-6 all-time in the Republic Bank Holiday Classic.
• The Rocks have won seven of their last eight games overall. They have won five straight.
• Trinity has won seven straight games away from home, the best start to a season during the Mike Szabo era. Twice before, the Shamrocks have won six games to start the year away from home, coming in 2004-2005 and 2008-2009. The longest overall streak of the Szabo era is 17 straight wins away from home, coming in 2004-2005.
• Josh Sewell and Taylor Epley each reached the 20-point plateau in the Dec. 21, 2009 win over Clark County. It marked the first time two players had scored 20-points for the Rocks in a single game since Jan. 16, 2009 when Josh Sewell and Melvyn Little reached the mark against Jeffersontown. The Clark County game marked the fifth time such a feat had been achieved and the third time Sewell was involved in the accomplishment.
• Trinity is 18-9 in the 2009 calendar year.
• Trinity claimed its 60th win in the month of December during the Mike Szabo era with the 66-55 win over Chaparral (Arizona) on Dec. 17, 2009. Szabo is now 64-33 in the month of December during his time at Trinity.
• Senior Josh Sewell has scored in double figures in eight consecutive games.
I like HHS a lot. A month ago I would have chose the Birds, but right now I am a beleiver in the Rocks
This will be a low scoring defensive game, but I have to go with the Rocks. Tough to pick against them with the way they're playing defense right now.
Trinity will have to play better than they did against Scott or they risk the upset.
Epley never got into a rythym last night and I expect he will contribute more in today's game.
Should be physical under the glass!.
Highland's leading playing Kowolonek is nursing a bad knee but still got 7 points against Perry Co. and other good stats.Highlands is going to get at some point-maybe not in this tournament-a 6-6,275 football player to join team.
Lexington Herald pre season had Trinity 16th in state and Highlands 21st.
I'll take Trinity by 10.
Stardust Wrote:I like HHS a lot. A month ago I would have chose the Birds, but right now I am a beleiver in the Rocks
Same here. Trinity has really surprised me this year i will take them in a close one.