Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Touchstone Energy All "A" Classic 2010 State Tournament Bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
nice find. so who are the Favorite's to come out of each region?
NYY10 Wrote:nice find. so who are the Favorite's to come out of each region?
I'll give mine for the mountain regions:

13th Barbourville
14th Buckhorn
15th Shelby Valley
16th Fairview
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I'll give mine for the mountain regions:

13th Barbourville
14th Buckhorn
15th Shelby Valley
16th Fairview
i agree but i think hazard will win the 14th
NYY10 Wrote:so who are the Favorite's to come out of each region?

The second drop down will give you the top teams and players (according to someone) in each region...

http://www.allaclassic.org/Homepages/all...epage.html
Will an actual A school win it?
Statmaster Wrote:Will an actual A school win it?

By definition, what exactly is an "A" school?
I dont know the exact numbers for classifying single"A" schools. But that was who this tournament was started for. Because the small single A schools can seldom compete against the bigger schools. But now, you see a lot of double "A" and triple "A" schools getting in.
Most single A schools are around the 300 (or lower) mark of students in grade 9 thru 12.
Statmaster Wrote:Most single A schools are around the 300 (or lower) mark of students in grade 9 thru 12.

According to the information that Touchstone Energy has put out for the qualifications of the All "A" tournament is,

Class “A” schools are those with an enrollment of 425 or less, in grades 10 through 12.

Every school that is participating has less than 425 students in grades 10-12, so to answer your other question, will an actual "A" school win the tournament, yes, according to the criteria of the sponsors of the tournament, just like before.
Can Valley do it again?
Yes valley can do it again..
Who is there to beat them..And they will repeat All "A" state champs too.
Thanks for posting brackets.I notice 14th region plays 10th region.Covington Scott is rated 3rd in region 10 behind Mason Co. and Clark Co. I was thinking Scott may be a Class A school.Is it?If so Hazard and Scott could have a rematch in a first round game at state if both get to state.Otherwise Deming is 5th in 10th region and I believe they have to be Class A.
trufan Wrote:According to the information that Touchstone Energy has put out for the qualifications of the All "A" tournament is,

Class “A” schools are those with an enrollment of 425 or less, in grades 10 through 12.

Every school that is participating has less than 425 students in grades 10-12, so to answer your other question, will an actual "A" school win the tournament, yes, according to the criteria of the sponsors of the tournament, just like before.
Thats the numbers that Touchstone is allowing in now. Those are not single A numbers. touchstone keeps allowing higher enrollments in ,so they make more money in the tournament. The football classes will show your actual size. I know that in the 16th region, there are some 3 A football schools in the All A tournament.
Statmaster Wrote:touchstone keeps allowing higher enrollments in ,so they make more money in the tournament.

Incorrect. The KHSAA reclassed football teams from 4 classes to 6. This caused some teams to move classes. Also, decreasing enrollments have allowed some teams to qualify that previously did not. The All A has consistently used the numbers mentioned above.
Campbellsville is a good team and will make a run in the All-A. They play in the 5th region.
IMO, the best opening-round game may be between the 10th and 14th. We could see a matchup of Hazard/Buckhorn vs. Bishop Brossart.
trufan Wrote:According to the information that Touchstone Energy has put out for the qualifications of the All "A" tournament is,

With the criteria that you have mentioned of 425 enrollment, is this boys and girls or is this just boys that are counted?
Does anyone know what the enrollemnt minimum is to be in any class in the 6 class system that we now have in KY football? Does this pertain to basketball in trying to see which teams are eligible to participate in the All-A Touch Tone Classic? Since the khsaa dosen't recognize this tournament as it's own, is this why you have some 2 and 3 A schools participate? Just curious as to why the format has changed and the tournament hasn't been a true class A tourney for years. Any information appreciated.
I guess it must be a political thing. It is not the smaller schools that it use to be, but it is what it is. Enjoy and have fun...
kyrifle Wrote:Does anyone know what the enrollemnt minimum is to be in any class in the 6 class system that we now have in KY football? Does this pertain to basketball in trying to see which teams are eligible to participate in the All-A Touch Tone Classic? Since the khsaa dosen't recognize this tournament as it's own, is this why you have some 2 and 3 A schools participate? Just curious as to why the format has changed and the tournament hasn't been a true class A tourney for years. Any information appreciated.

In football, class size is broken up by groups of 64 teams, the lowest enrollment in the first group of 64 is class A, 65-128 is class 2A, now when you do your math, there are not enough teams for the upper classes, so they just take what is left at the end. You may petition and play up in class, but not down. In basketball, all this means nothing, because in the state of KY, we have a true state tournament where every competes on the same ground, no class seperation. The All A tournament was created and Touchstone Energy set the criteria. Hope this helps.
Bleeding Blue Wrote:Yes valley can do it again..
Who is there to beat them..And they will repeat All "A" state champs too.

Brossart in the 10th and Newport in the 9th are both capable of beating Valley and IMO if either gets a shot at SV, one of them will knock the Wildcats off.

Newport is the favorite to come out of the 9th and are a legit top 15 team. They are currently 10-2 with their only two losses coming to Holmes by 18 and 10.

Both Newport and Brossart beat Highlands by double digits, who is the preseason #2 team in the 9th region.
Newport has a good shot at winning the 9th region all "A" and possibly win the state.
More Cowbell Wrote:IMO, the best opening-round game may be between the 10th and 14th. We could see a matchup of Hazard/Buckhorn vs. Bishop Brossart.

I agree. Do you know if the runner up last year is favored for their region. I am drawing a blank on the team.
livingthedream50 Wrote:Newport has a good shot at winning the 9th region all "A" and possibly win the state.

Newport is a very good team with the following players:

6'3 Anthony Luther
6'3 Demarko Foster
6'4 Cody Collins
6'5 Casey McDaniel
6'6 Naz Upshaw

Very athletic bunch.
trufan Wrote:In football, class size is broken up by groups of 64 teams, the lowest enrollment in the first group of 64 is class A, 65-128 is class 2A, now when you do your math, there are not enough teams for the upper classes, so they just take what is left at the end. You may petition and play up in class, but not down. In basketball, all this means nothing, because in the state of KY, we have a true state tournament where every competes on the same ground, no class seperation. The All A tournament was created and Touchstone Energy set the criteria. Hope this helps.

Groups of 64?
Go back and look again.
I doubt there are more than 40 teams per class in football.
Valleys plays together and wants to win. They will win it again.
palmer Wrote:Groups of 64?
Go back and look again.
I doubt there are more than 40 teams per class in football.

Exactly. Each class usually has between 37-40 teams.
bucslover68 Wrote:Exactly. Each class usually has between 37-40 teams.

With the addition of 5A and 6A, the numbers in each group dropped.
The ALL A is based on the the of 125 or 128 is what I was told. The schools with the smallest up untill they reach that number of total schools which I think is 125. That is the cut off. You would be supprised how close other schools are to this mark.
Pages: 1 2