Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT All Mountain Team 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats to all players named to the 2009 WYMT All Mountain team. Some omissions were glaring (Austin McKinney????).

If anyone can find a listing of teams anywhere, it would be nice to post them here.
When did WYMT Relese this team?
if you were to poll all of the mtn. region coaches and/or players, austin mckinney will be at the top of the list defensively and on sp. teams. i havent seen the list however, if this kid is not on the list.... its a huge oversight on someones part. congrats to the kids that were on the list.:moon:
Last night on 11:20 pm Sports Overtime special.

I remember the Prestonsburg players:

Michael Burchett 1st team QB
Josh Blackburn 3rd team WR
Josh Craynon 2nd team WR
Joe Jamerson 1st team WR

Alex Griffith 1st team LB
Zak Key 2nd team DL

Austin McKinney Honorable Mention WR

I have tried to find a listing of all the players on 1st, 2nd, 3rd team and Honorable mention, but haven't had any luck yet...
GOLDFISH115 Wrote:if you were to poll all of the mtn. region coaches and/or players, austin mckinney will be at the top of the list defensively and on sp. teams. i havent seen the list however, if this kid is not on the list.... its a huge oversight on someones part. congrats to the kids that were on the list.:moon:

It's almost like they were afraid to take too many players from the same school. Griffith and McKinney were both in the top 4 in tackles in the state, but somehow they only listed Griffith on the All Mountain team. What is REALLY horrible is McKinney didn't even get Honorable mention on defense. How is THAT possible???
Anyone got all the players on the list?
Mckinney somehow didn't make All Mountain..HUGE oversight because the kid had 500+ career tackles, 160 tackles for '09 season with 13 TFL and 2 int which was returned for yardage. Plus 3 FF and 4 punts/ kicks blocked which 2 was ran back for TDs by teammates. On offense he racked up 400+ yds rushing and 500+ yds receiving..and a total of 16 TDs...pretty awesome for someone that hadn't touched the football since 8th grade where he had 32 TDs. I guess Brian Milan and Jeff Archer don't know talent when they see it or maybe they didn't watch a Blackcat football game.
Austin should have been on it.

Casey Adkins of BL made honorable mention.
that is a JOKE that Austin McKinney didn't make it!
Wow! How could one of the best defensive players and arguably the best defensive players not even be an honorable mention. Austin Mckinney for Pburg has been a machine the last few years and stayed at the top of the defensive stats. This is a joke.
I don't think that there is a legit argument to why Austin didn't make it. He'll be playing college football in the NCAA (more than likely) and he put up some crazy stats defensively, not to mention all the plays he made on the offensive end as well.

Congrats to everyone who made the list though.
I don't usually say much about topics like this, but I have watched Austin McKinney play for three years on the defensive end of the ball. The kid is an absolute monster and proved that with his stats. He has the school record for tackles in a season (set his junior year) and was in the top four in 2A this year (as cat86 said). If this can't get you on the all WYMT Mountain Team, I don't know what can.
any one have all the players i went to Wymt website and cant find it
Congratulations to all the young men. Congratulations to the 2A players of the year Michael Burchette and Caleb Watkins---Good job boys!
does any one know if any players from magoffin made the list ?
Where's Brian Milam to answer everyone's questions?
does any one have a list of all the players who made it
Off the top of my head I remember: The players listed made it for sure but their placement on 1st 2nd or 3rd team my not be correct.

QB:
3rd Team - Moses - Williamsburg
2nd Team - Amis - Perry
1st Team - Burchett - Pburg

RB:
3rd Team - L. Crowder - Allen Central, Link -Harlan
2nd Team - RB from Rockcastle, Fugate -Breathitt
1st Team - Davenport -Bell, Watkins - Corbin

WR:
3rd Team - Freshman from Knox Central, Meehan - Hazard
2nd Team - Olinger - Hazard
1st Team - Jamerson - Pburg; Brown Wburg

K:
3rd Team -
2nd Team - Delpont -Hazard
1st Team - Merrick - Pineville

Offensive Lines

3rd Team - Lawerence
2nd Team - Whitley
1st Team - Bell
nannook Wrote:Off the top of my head I remember: The players listed made it for sure but their placement on 1st 2nd or 3rd team my not be correct.

QB:
3rd Team - Moses - Williamsburg
2nd Team - Amis - Perry
1st Team - Burchett - Pburg

RB:
3rd Team - L. Crowder - Allen Central, Link -Harlan
2nd Team - RB from Rockcastle, Fugate -Breathitt
1st Team - Davenport -Bell, Watkins - Corbin

WR:
3rd Team - Freshman from Knox Central, Meehan - Hazard
2nd Team - Olinger - Hazard
1st Team - Jamerson - Pburg; Brown Wburg

K:
3rd Team -
2nd Team - Delpont -Hazard
1st Team - Merrick - Pineville

Offensive Lines

3rd Team - Lawerence
2nd Team - Whitley
1st Team - Bell

Nice Job! The defense was organized a little differently, with really no first, second, or third team. They really just had a "featured (first) team" and then a whole bunch of Honorable Mentions.

I remember the big DL from hazard (Fugate???) was featured, as were John Dudley Hilton (Bell) and Alex Griffith (Prestonsburg) at LB, and one of the DB's was the kid from Pike Central who's dad is head coach at Pikeville College.

Also, the third team kicker was the kid from Pikeville.

If we all keep adding those we can remember, eventually we will have the complete list...:thanks:
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime

there ya go! its on the sports overtime videos
They didnt have the Honorable Mention, offensive line, or any defensive awards on the sportsovertime web page
IMO the 2A POY split is a joke. Burchett is the only QB in the coverage area with 3000 yards. 39 TDs and 6 ints, 13-1 record and a regional championship. Watkins a good player, but it's not even close IMO. B.J Roberts of SV impressed me a lot more then Watkins did.
Real Badman Wrote:They didnt have the Honorable Mention, offensive line, or any defensive awards on the sportsovertime web page

I noticed that too, and the defensive awards are the ones I am interested in. At the end of the first team video they say the defensive awards are coming up, but they aren't in the list of videos available to watch. It goes on to players of the year after that....BUMMER!
Real Badman Wrote:They didnt have the Honorable Mention, offensive line, or any defensive awards on the sportsovertime web page

These Awards are now on the sportsovertime web page.
Does anyone know if any players from east ridge made the team?
OldTymer Wrote:IMO the 2A POY split is a joke. Burchett is the only QB in the coverage area with 3000 yards. 39 TDs and 6 ints, 13-1 record and a regional championship. Watkins a good player, but it's not even close IMO. B.J Roberts of SV impressed me a lot more then Watkins did.

Watkins had nearly 2000 yards rushing on the season with about 35 Total TD's and split his time with 2 other backs. He played LB and had a boat load of tackles and numerous sacks on the year. Michael Burchett was deserving and so was Caleb Watkins . . . it would be hard to give it to just one player. But each fan will think that the player from their team got short changed . . . WYMT did a good job, unfortunately, they will be criticized by disgruntled fans and won't be able to satisfy everyone. Once again, congratulations to all the players who made the list.
Congrats to BJ Roberts from Valley, somehow he is a FB to WYMT, but eh. Sometimes you got to take it how you can get it.

I really thought BJ would jump into the first place backfield, his biggest games were the ones where Burchett and Watkins were on the opposite sidelines, and he did about everything he could to give his teams a chance.

Vs. Corbin - 12 attempts 148 rushing yards- 3 tds. // BJ also had a 83 yard kickoff TD
Vs. Pburg - 21 attempts 222 yards - 2 tds.

Its hard to break these kids up though, there was a very good crop of talent in the mountains this year, and yeah I would loved to have seen BJ on the first team. Caleb Watkins was awesome, and Corbin beat SV in a really good game. So you cant go wrong with either one of them.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Watkins had nearly 2000 yards rushing on the season with about 35 Total TD's and split his time with 2 other backs. He played LB and had a boat load of tackles and numerous sacks on the year. Michael Burchett was deserving and so was Caleb Watkins . . . it would be hard to give it to just one player. But each fan will think that the player from their team got short changed . . . WYMT did a good job, unfortunately, they will be criticized by disgruntled fans and won't be able to satisfy everyone. Once again, congratulations to all the players who made the list.

No, it has nothing to do with him being from my school because I'm not even from Prestonsburg. I did however see Prestonsburg , Corbin, and Valley all play on numerous occasions and this is my belief. Roberts did the same thing that Watkins did, with less carries and also sharing the load with 2 other backs. Roberts was the best back that I saw from EKY that I saw this year. Watkins is a good player. I'm not disputing that. But I just feel that w/o Burchett, Prestonsburg would have a been a .500 ball club, and Corbin w/o Watkins would have still won 7-8 games. But to each his own.
OldTymer Wrote:IMO the 2A POY split is a joke. Burchett is the only QB in the coverage area with 3000 yards. 39 TDs and 6 ints, 13-1 record and a regional championship. Watkins a good player, but it's not even close IMO. B.J Roberts of SV impressed me a lot more then Watkins did.

When someone attempts to take away from what one kid accomplished on the field, to build up another or get another noticed it shows, "no class". Don't act like your some expert, because it's obvious that your football IQ and common sense are lacking.
dont feel bad OldTymer I thought it was crazy too, Burchett was the man
Pages: 1 2