Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SV Rusty Roberts Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just some highlights I put together over the christmas break. Shelby Valley is expecting great things from Rusty Roberts in the future. Rusty went through took his lumps early, but as the season went on, the talent is hard to overlook. All pretty good for a first year player. Merry X-mas

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxJOF71-J4"]YouTube- Rusty Roberts #5[/ame]
Nice job on the video. A few good plays from him, but a few of the plays you had on there were just of receivers dropping the ball and Rusty having no effect on the play.
Yeah very true kinna, but I'm really just trying to promote a kid that a an insane amount of talent and potential. Rusty is very raw, but I really believe that his future in the game of football is very bright.
My son played baseball a couple of summers with Rusty. He seems like a real nice kid . He appears to be real coachable and we wish him the best.
Sounds like a real nice young man. Isn't he playing on the basketball team also?
Looks like some good yong talent. What grade is he in?
He'll be a senior next year. This was his first year playing high school football.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:He'll be a senior next year. This was his first year playing high school football.

The video said he was the class of 2012. Therefore he will be only a junior next season.
Actually, I go to school at Shelby valley and Im in his grade. He will be a senior next year. The video has a mistake.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Nice job on the video. A few good plays from him, but a few of the plays you had on there were just of receivers dropping the ball and Rusty having no effect on the play.
looks like he is going to get burned but receivers dropped the ball, he was lucky.
Me and Rusty have grew up together, and have been friends since we were 8, he is a very athletic player, probably the most athletic player on Shelby Valley's team, he is extremely quick, he has excellent coverage, but he could work on his strength a little.
SV71 Wrote:Me and Rusty have grew up together, and have been friends since we were 8, he is a very athletic player, probably the most athletic player on Shelby Valley's team, he is extremely quick, he has excellent coverage, but he could work on his strength a little.

Cody varney was the most athletic player on the team and the most athletic kid at valley.
I am talking about next season!
dortonite Wrote:Sounds like a real nice young man. Isn't he playing on the basketball team also?
To answer my own question after further checking he is a guard on the basketball team and he is a junior. This was some football team with the backfield of Dillon Hughs, BJ Roberts, Cody Varney and Tanner Tackett, the first two with well over 1000 yards for the season. Good luck, Rusty in all the sports you play!!
I am sure he is a great athlete, but he looks like he plays a little lazy to me. The one short route, he basically was just standing there and broke on the ball. On one of the run plays, he was just watching the play and then ran down a RB for a 30 yd gain. Just looks like he needs to have more energy and play harder.
KYcoalminer Wrote:I am sure he is a great athlete, but he looks like he plays a little lazy to me. The one short route, he basically was just standing there and broke on the ball. On one of the run plays, he was just watching the play and then ran down a RB for a 30 yd gain. Just looks like he needs to have more energy and play harder.

This was his first year playing high school football. He also started late. He just started this season in coverages. My understanding he played linebacker in midde school. I think he done pretty good for his first season. He is very athletic also.
Mr.cold Wrote:Cody varney was the most athletic player on the team and the most athletic kid at valley.

That may be pushing it some. Cody is one heck of an athlete for the area, but Dillon Hughes and Elisha Justice are both darn good athletes.