Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New projected date for my power to be restored
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
December 31st. Sure seems like the power company is working as hard as humanly possible.
This Sucks... why so long for!!!
87,000 was estimated to be without power in our area. The entire county of Pike was without it, so its going to take some time. They probably had to re-wire a lot of lines in your area, so you've got to be patient.
I would think that 8 days IS patient!!! LOL.... With as many people they have in here from Michigan, Illionis, Ohio, and KENTUCKY, IMHO, A LOT more should have power by now. I in all reality think it has to do with the "tree cutters"... They were working on the trees up around my dad's house (yet he still has now power) and they worked for 30 minutes and played cards for 45... worked 30..... then took lunch.... worked another 30 and poof... they were gone!!
Still no Power for me yet!!!
Down here in Florida, the spate of hurricanes in the mid-oughties have spurred people to start putting new power lines underground rather than up on poles.

Seems like AEP ought to think about it.
finally got my power back on bout an hour ago.

Yea I was just telling someone yesterday, why didnt they put them under the ground?