Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newton starting in Music City Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/2009122...st-Clemson

LEXINGTON, Ky. — Kentucky will go with a freshman quarterback when it faces Clemson on Sunday in the Music City Bowl.

Kentucky coach Rich Brooks said freshman Morgan Newton will make his eighth consecutive start for the Wildcats. Brooks told The Lexington Herald-Leader that the role of junior quarterback Mike Hartline remains up in the air for the 8:30 p.m. game in Nashville, Tenn.

Hartline opened the season as Kentucky's starter, but has been sidelined since Oct. 10 after suffering a knee injury against South Carolina.

Hartline took some snaps during Friday's practice, and Brooks said it's a matter of seeing how he holds up from now until the game.
I guess if they think he will do OK then who am I to say that he wont do good.
Well I'd like to see Newton start to give us a chance to win.
Glad they finally made a decision
I hope Hartline plays some at least. Just in case everybody forgot Hartline was playing his best football right before he got hurt and Newton cant throw the ball more than 5 yards down field.
Well, I'm glad to see them going with Newton and having faith in him but i really hope that if its a close game at the end that they stick Randall Cobb in and keep him there until the game is over!!
I agree,we need to see more of Cobb in the Wildcat.
We are here in Nashville! I'm sure there is going to be a lot of blue here this weekend. Most of the folks in our hotel are Clemson fans (that we have met).

Any of you all headed down this way, drive safe!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!