Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 76 Allen Central 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think?
Good win for BL. Kidd crushed us. Experience won because AC has no seniors and the rest are toddlers, plus Martin did not play. On a side note the Lady Rebels won:bounce:
how did justin jacobs do?
tyler slone played a great game for ac tough loss
WOW!!!!!!!!!My boys put together the best effort of the season and defeated a pesty AC TEAM.i HOPE WE CAN continue the winning ways,.Brandon Kidd rules!!!!!!!!:theman:
Ryan Collins also played solid. Coach Martin working on the future:baby:
Actually DTA Allen Central does have a couple seniors this year i think. AC played really well tonight but in the second half BL came out determined and played great team ball. BK had a ton af points and rebounds while he was sick. I think BL has everything together now and there going to start playing like we thought they could
Congrats Besty Layne
No seniors. Ken Hall told me before tip-off.
AC has three seniors, for your information. Justin Jacobs, Nick Music, and Josh Bailey. Turnovers have killed AC during it's first 3 games this season...30 against Knott County, 27 against Pike Central, and too many against. They also could not capitalize on BL's turnovers either.
I thought their starting Pg was a senior isnt his name Nick Music i think he is
My bad. Dang that Ken Hall.
Allen Central has 3 seniors: Justin Jacobs, Nick Music and Josh Bailey which as seniors are getting there first chance to play. They saw very few if any mins. until now! Juniors are:Farley Joseph, Ryan Collins, Josh Martin, and Tyler Slone. Sophomores: Alex Hammonds, Clinton Turner, Corey Webb, and Chris Mullins. Freshman is: Josh Prater.
Tough loss for AC.....Kidd dropped 32 on them and if Martin would have played he would have made a big difference......AC played awesome ball for the first 3 1/2 qtrs. but they just ran out of gas come the 4th......never count them out tho just b/c of this loss.....they will regroup and gain confidence
i WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE EFFOFT!
The rabbit is hooked on weed but not phonicsCool
It's getting late DTA.
The AC boys need to let their hair grow back out.
Betsy Layne made better decisions tonight on shooting the ball, made the extra pass. If they continue to do this they could be a dangerous team. Brandon Kidd is playing some solid ball.
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:AC has three seniors, for your information. Justin Jacobs, Nick Music, and Josh Bailey. Turnovers have killed AC during it's first 3 games this season...30 against Knott County, 27 against Pike Central, and too many against. They also could not capitalize on BL's turnovers either.

I recall that AC has 2 players that should be seniors this season. Seems like a few years ago there was a big controversy about players being held back. The county tournament was postponed and injunctions were flying around. Wesley Christian had a couple of players who were repeating 6th grade and had previously been "A" students before transferring schools. Tyler Slone and Ryan Collins were two from AC who had also been held back.
Slipping B. Kidd on the baseline and letting him have easy baskets the entire 2nd half was something AC just couldn't stop. Same play over & over. Amazing.

Kidd finished with 32 points, 24 of those coming in the second half.

The absence of Josh Martin inside, along with "senior" Justin Jacobs, who sat out the entire 2nd half because his knee was bothering him, left the door open for Kidd inside.

BL was rattled by the press and sucking wind in the first half. Coach Rose made the correct adjust to attack it, along with the matchup 2-3 zone, and gave a map to his guards to show them how to give Kidd the rock so he could get the job done.

Congrats to BL on their opening district/regular season win. Can't wait to see their next contest together with AC having a healthy ballclub.
AC led the whole game, until about 6 minutes left in the 4th.
It was like AC hit a brick wall in the 4th quarter. They were mentally and physically drained.
Finally BL gets out of the slump and of all teams to beat it was AC. How about that DTA.!!!!!
"IBleedRed" Wrote:Finally BL gets out of the slump and of all teams to beat it was AC. How about that DTA.!!!!!
you are next IBLEEDBLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confusedumo:
"On_Fire" Wrote:Allen Central has 3 seniors: Justin Jacobs, Nick Music and Josh Bailey which as seniors are getting there first chance to play. They saw very few if any mins. until now! Juniors are:Farley Joseph, Ryan Collins, Josh Martin, and Tyler Slone. Sophomores: Alex Hammonds, Clinton Turner, Corey Webb, and Chris Mullins. Freshman is: Josh Prater.

Chris Mullins?
"WOW" Wrote:Chris Mullins?
That is Chris Martin...
Congratulations Betsy Layne.
Watched this game last night on television.