Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 53 East Carter 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final

congrats Ashland it looks like your a true top 3 in the region now the big question is Rowan County with all of their players players a clear cut #1 again this year.

I know last time when East played Rowan one of their best players Kaitlyn muncy or natasha kissinger was out with a concussion.
I can't remember which one it was.

Last year they beat east by 13 and this year 6 points so this ashland team is obviously no where near as good as last year
Nice win for the Tomcats
I wonder if east will return the favor and beat ashland later in the season like last year when they meet again.
16thbball, who was the player who sprained their ankle in practice and was it an east carter starter?
Nice job girls you beat a very good team tonight. Keep working hard and lets get another win tomorrow.
Come on goredevil, lets give them a little love.
I thought Ashland was pre-season #1 in region.
Nice road win for the kittens, I didn't think they could do it.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:16thbball, who was the player who sprained their ankle in practice and was it an east carter starter?

Easterling she played some but was not a 100%
Nice win for the kittens.

Any individual stats?
Big win for the Kittens on East's home floor. Up 18 at one point. Easterling played at least three quarters , maybe more, Very gutsy player. Kittens really hustled from start to finish. See if they can beat Russell tomorrow night.
theaccountdoctor Wrote:Come on goredevil, lets give them a little love.
Ashland gets no love from the devil until they prove they are number #1. I call things like i see it. No love lost for ashland from me.
Steve Kuberski Wrote:Big win for the Kittens on East's home floor. Up 18 at one point. Easterling played at least three quarters , maybe more, Very gutsy player. Kittens really hustled from start to finish. See if they can beat Russell tomorrow night.
They will probably beat Russell without parsley down low she just had surgery yesterday on her knee and will be out for a while she might be back next time Russell meets ashland.

I gave my congrats to ashland on the win thats as much love as ashland will get until they prove they can just dominate the region because so far after all the teams have played except rowan-ashland The region is really pretty close and there isn't a huge gap in 1-3 or below.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:final

congrats Ashland it looks like your a true top 3 in the region now the big question is Rowan County with all of their players players a clear cut #1 again this year.

I know last time when East played Rowan one of their best players Kaitlyn muncy or natasha kissinger was out with a concussion.
I can't remember which one it was.

Last year they beat east by 13 and this year 6 points so this ashland team is obviously no where near as good as last year

The Kittens thank you for your back-handed compliment.

As for the rest of your post, you are obviously using flawed logic. This year both East and Ashland have 2 very different teams with different playing styles due to different personnel. Comparing game margins from one year to the next to support your opinion of a team's worth is ridiculous. And pardon me if I consider your opinion to be far from expert. In a previous thread, you said that Ashland is considerably farther behind East at this time (obviously wrong). You also make comments about Rowan's team and you don't even know which key player is on the DL.

Oh, and by the way, Ashland led by double digits for much of the game and at one point was up by 18 points. Ashland's defense was the key to the Kitten victory. To win this game at East is even more impressive. I still think that on a given night East, Rowan, or Ashland could win a game between any of the other 2. A true leader may or may not emerge as the season progresses.

By the way, are you hoping for a snow-out of the Ashland-Russell game on Saturday night?
Skip Pass Wrote:The Kittens thank you for your back-handed compliment.

As for the rest of your post, you are obviously using flawed logic. This year both East and Ashland have 2 very different teams with different playing styles due to different personnel. Comparing game margins from one year to the next to support your opinion of a team's worth is ridiculous. And pardon me if I consider your opinion to be far from expert. In a previous thread, you said that Ashland is considerably farther behind East at this time (obviously wrong). You also make comments about Rowan's team and you don't even know which key player is on the DL.

Oh, and by the way, Ashland led by double digits for much of the game and at one point was up by 18 points. Ashland's defense was the key to the Kitten victory. To win this game at East is even more impressive. I still think that on a given night East, Rowan, or Ashland could win a game between any of the other 2. A true leader may or may not emerge as the season progresses.

By the way, are you hoping for a snow-out of the Ashland-Russell game on Saturday night?

No because Russell playing without its best player will only help at the end of the season when she comes back other players will have more experience off the bench. How is my logic flawed it common knowledge that one of east best player was not 100% and alsowhen east met Rowan I believe it was muncy was out whos a starter. I will wait until rowan-ashland play which by that time all of rowans players should be back.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:No because Russell playing without its best player will only help at the end of the season when she comes back other players will have more experience off the bench.

With or without Parsley (and I do hope that she is back and playing again soon), Russell is just not going to have a very deep bench this year.
Skip Pass Wrote:With or without Parsley (and I do hope that she is back and playing again soon), Russell is just not going to have a very deep bench this year.
how many times you watched or listened to Russell play this season one of russells bench players stepped up knocked down a 3 had a steal and hit free throws to help russell to a win against a 4-1 now 4-2 raceland team in the 4th.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:how many times you watched or listened to Russell play this season one of russells bench players stepped up knocked down a 3 had a steal and hit free throws to help russell to a win against a 4-1 now 4-2 raceland team in the 4th.

I know and have seen Russell's players and I know the player to which you are referring to in your post and I choose to stand by my statement (without writing about specific Russell players). The Raceland victory (which you continuously refer to as proof of Russell's worth) was a good one for Russell, especially without Parsley, but IMO Raceland has not proven its worth. Let's break down Raceland's 4-2 record: All 4 wins have come against teams with losing records and combined records of 7-16. Raceland's 2 losses have also come against teams with losing records (Russell game included) with combined records of 5-7.
Skip Pass Wrote:I know and have seen Russell's players and I know the player to which you are referring to in your post and I choose to stand by my statement (without writing about specific Russell players). The Raceland victory (which you continuously refer to as proof of Russell's worth) was a good one for Russell, especially without Parsley, but IMO Raceland has not proven its worth. Let's break down Raceland's 4-2 record: All 4 wins have come against teams with losing records and combined records of 7-16. Raceland's 2 losses have also come against teams with losing records (Russell game included) with combined records of 5-7.
I guess you just think ashland is queen of this region this year, the region runs through rowan county until someone takes them down when it counts at the tournament
/18/2009
Ashland Blazer 53
East Carter 47
Ashland Blazer 17 15 12 9 53

East Carter 14 8 4 21 47

Ashland Blazer (4-1) -- Dietrich 15, Leaver 1, Connor 16, Farris 4, Hanners 8, Gambill 9.
East Carter (5-2) -- Easterling 2, Sparks 2, Burge 18, Marshall 10, Slone 11, Stumbo 2, Sargent 2.
http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/1040334.html
Congrats A-town.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I guess you just think ashland is queen of this region this year, the region runs through rowan county until someone takes them down when it counts at the tournament

Obviously you haven't paid any attention to any of my past posts. I have said multiple times that I believe that East, Rowan, and Ashland could beat any one of the other 2 on any given night, at least at this point in the season. My whole point is that it is wayyyyy to early to consider any one of these 3 teams to be a region favorite, but Ashland is definitely in the mix As for the rest of the teams in the region (even Russell) there is a big drop-off after these top 3.
Although Marshall seems to get alot of media attention for East, the true leader so far this yr seems to be Burge. She has consistently played well. She is a Jr. but to be a small player she is a force on the court.
sixteenthregion Wrote:Although Marshall seems to get alot of media attention for East, the true leader so far this yr seems to be Burge. She has consistently played well. She is a Jr. but to be a small player she is a force on the court.

I agree, Burge has her inside game working well, but she has also developed an outside shot. Good luck to East the rest of the way. They have a good group of hardworking and talented girls and an excellent coaching staff.
Good win for the Kittens. Monday will be another victory as well. Russell plays hard but has no chance against the Kittens.
Both teams played hard, we just happened to win. Hager is a excellent coach. Merry Christmas to all.
You are probably right this time. But when they play again and Parsley is back it might be a different story!