Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Favorite & Sleeper of the 14th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would have to say this might be the most interesting tournment in a long time. There is just so many good teams in the 14th. I have to say that the favorite right now would have to be Knott County but there is alot of teams bitting at there heels. Then I would say Breathitt and PCC follow by Buckhorn and Hazard. Top five teams any one of them could be #1. My sleeper team has to be Buckhorn don't count these guys out by any means. They play in a tough district be hard to make the region just acorrding how the draw is where it is played.
1. Perry
2. Knott
3. Horn
4. Breathit
5. Hazard
Sleeper would probably be Buckhorn because there never really looked at as a threat to win region, but at this point I think there the 3rd best team in the region.
The sleepers this year are Breathitt and Buckhorn. Look for the Bobcats to make alot of noise. The fast paced offense they run is real hard to stop once they get it going.
hs athletics fan Wrote:The sleepers this year are Breathitt and Buckhorn. Look for the Bobcats to make alot of noise. The fast paced offense they run is real hard to stop once they get it going.

I totally agree!
If by fast paced offense you mean, letting the other team score by not playing defense and then getting it and running and gunning, I guess that would be fast paced. But we will see when they run into someone that will play a little defense on them. If they still are scoring like that and come away with the wins then they will get some kudos! Smile
hs athletics fan Wrote:The sleepers this year are Breathitt and Buckhorn. Look for the Bobcats to make alot of noise. The fast paced offense they run is real hard to stop once they get it going.

i agree.

the favorites:

1) Knott

2) Perry

3) Hazard
I would say Knott Central is the favorite and Breathitt is the sleeper. If Breathitt can keep putting up 70+ points they are dangerous.
Knott
Breathitt
Perry as the favorites in that order

Sleeper is
Buckhorn or letcher
I think that Breathitt has the fire power to be a favorite but right now I have to go with them as a sleeper because of there defense and there lack of depth coming of the bench. But they could very well shock the 14th and go to Rupp. Can anyone tell me were the region will be held at this year?
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I think that Breathitt has the fire power to be a favorite but right now I have to go with them as a sleeper because of there defense and there lack of depth coming of the bench. But they could very well shock the 14th and go to Rupp. Can anyone tell me were the region will be held at this year?

Breathitt.
ill see Breathitt when they come to Irvine and Play Lafayette in our 82 Food Mart Classic on Jan. 2nd at 4:00 pm