Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tug Valley (WV) 71 - Belfry 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both teams went right at each other.

Belfry was led by Jeremy Maynard's 21 points. Gary Runyon 14

TV : Channing Preece 24 points. Eclipsed 1,000 points in career.
Tug Valley good, or just a bad game for belfry ?
Wow, I am surprised by this outcome
TV has nearly everone back from last year. Belfry I am telling you is going to make some noise this year. Season opener for both teams.
TV will contend for a AA State Title so playing them at their place is very difficult. Not saying refs did the game cause I didn't even see it. But they have a small gym and a very rowdy crowd and return pretty much their entire team. They have a lot of height and speed and can shoot. Belfry is going to be pretty good this year.
just wondering, but is the Harrison boy playing ?
Belfry is much improved from last season according to most accounts. This was their opening game and falling to Tug Valley, a team that's trying make a run at the Class AA state title in WV is nothing to be ashamed about.
Belfry looked very improved tonight. Not the best officiated game in my opinion, but there's nothing we can really do about that, just a lot of calls that went Tug Valley's way or weren't called at all. Congrats to a good Tug Valley team.
Of course no one loses on there own. It is the officials fault. Consistent game. Both teams received makeup calls. I would have never called the technical on Maynard. Still trying to figure that one out. And also the goaltend on Tug Valley. The fouls were even until Belfry had to foul at the end.
Both teams looked good for the first game but my 10 year old
son could have done a better job of officiating the 2nd half TV
had 3 fouls Belfry had 12 and it seemed like 100 walking calls
i would say that is what they will get at our place the next game.
I've attended quiet a few TV games over my life, when I've had no particular interest. And I've seen the officiating be pretty bad. You think 15th Region is bad, you should see some of the officials Mingo County has. And in most cases when a team plays out of state the calls will go against them, as it would Tug Valley if the game was at Belfry.
But I'm not blaming the loss on that. A lot of times people look at a team and mark them off because they are from West Virginia. But Tug Valley has a very good ball team year in and year out and this is one of their better years.
Tug Valley would be top 2 or 3 in 15th to be honest. I can't say for certain any 15th region team besides Shelby Valley who would be a clear favorite against them.
There isn't a team in the 15th better than Tug Valley except for Shelby Valley.

Pretty decent showing by Belfry.
I thought Belfry looked very good. Thomas Varney picked up where he left off in football season making some very big 3 pointers. Jordan Hairston dribbled all around, and got called for walking when he didn't. I think after Jeremy got the technical, it's like the refs didn't like what we did, so they started taking TV's side. I'm not saying its true, just how it seemed.
Belfry is a much improved team from last year...Jordan needs to go to the hole instead of passing so much...but all in all it was a good showing...Belfrys going to make alot of this season