Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville's Ben Howard Resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I just heard he resigned.Is there any truth to this?
Heard the same from several reliable sources.
Not a very long tenure if it's true.
Didn't he just get hired last year? If that's true, wow! One and done...
4th Coach in 4 years.................Sad
Is something going on behind the scenes to cause such turnover?
Oh it is true and he lost uhm I mean he resigned from teaching too. Let the speculation begin.
Until some type of concrete verification is given this will be marked as rumor and monitored closely.
If this is true, what are the reasons, if any?
I want to make it very clear that this thread will be monitored extremely close. Use caution and common sense when posting in this thread.
I hope this is not true...............I just happen to like this young man as a person and coach....My son loved playing for him..........
This thread needs to be closed. Until proven true it is pretty ugly what has and will be said
All we have seen on hear is that he resigned. Nothing ugly. What happened? Is it true he resigned?
I totally respect the moderator and administrators wishes. Unfortunately, this rumor will be proven true soon. I thought they should have hired someone that had a little more experience and could handle adversity better. There were a lot of prominent people in the community that put their neck out for this kid. I wish him well. If I were to guess I think he will end up in Florida.
Xerxes Wrote:All we have seen on hear is that he resigned. Nothing ugly. What happened? Is it true he resigned?

You are exactly right, but in his career field implications and rumors can destoy you........
From a good source I have heard that he was fired or forced to resign.
Wonder why? Seemed like he was the "Wonder Boy". "The Choosen One". The person who was going to take Pikeville back to glory. That didnt last long.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow, i guess he couldnt get by on his dads name,hate to hear that
I think it is an administration problem. How many coaches has Pikeville had and how many have resigned in the past several years. The school administration "must" support any program and if not, there will never be any success and no coach with the desire to win/succeed will stay in this situation for long. Some people just see the big picture a little faster than others.
cuppett777 Wrote:wow, i guess he couldnt get by on his dads name,hate to hear that

Ben can more than get by on his own, he is a very good coach....
How about this?

Some of you with "very reliable sources," how about you man-up and name your source? That could end this discussion real quick.
How old is Ben?
28-30 I think.....
If this is true, could this open up possibilities for a "Redbull" Howell return?
Belfry 99, you are right on the money. All I can say is look at his past does anyone remember why he left Letcher?

I think Mr. Kimball has a good idea. It may be time for the return of Redbull Howell. He should at least be a part of the next coaching staff at PHS.
If this is true, could this open up possibilities for a "Redbull" Howell return?

That would be a perfect fit. But, more than likely, it will be a repeat of 1999, which imo was the plan from the getgo....and why not? It worked the first time.
We're getting a little ahead of ourselves here. It's not appropriate to be discussing the new coaching possibilities when we don't even know for sure if the current coach is out or not.
maybe the first round loss to Harlan city was his downfall. I mean really, Pikeville should not get beat by Harlan city.
clueless Wrote:If this is true, could this open up possibilities for a "Redbull" Howell return?

That would be a perfect fit. But, more than likely, it will be a repeat of 1999, which imo was the plan from the getgo....and why not? It worked the first time.

Personally, I don't think they should have ever forced McNamee out. Imagine the progress he could have made with the program over these last 5-6 years had they let him stay.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6