Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ East Carter 12/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are everyone's thoughts and predictions on this game.

I say EC by 10. 62-52
east carter by 10-15
East Carter at home is a 10 point favorite against the Tomcats
EC by 6
East Carter should win if Marshall is healthy. Wasn't she sick last week?
Good luck to both teams and hoping for no injuries.
East by 10
Kittens will need to step up thier defensive play. They must contain Easterling and Burge. Marshall will have her hands full with Connor. Great friends at East, but I hate playing in their house. Good luck to both teams. Kittens win this in a close game.
East will win by 20 at home! The Kittens are very over rated they lost to South Point at home. The game against Fleming Co. was a joke just winning by 5 points. The kittens don't play with heart! It looks like they have been reading the paper telling them how good they are!
American Dream Wrote:East will win by 20 at home! The Kittens are very over rated they lost to South Point at home. The game against Fleming Co. was a joke just winning by 5 points. The kittens don't play with heart! It looks like they have been reading the paper telling them how good they are!

East by 5 57-52. Ashland looks to be a little over rated from the flemming game. South Point would be the favorite in the 16th they also beat Sheldon Clark the 15th Region favorite. IMO still a 3 team race East, Ashland, Rowan followed by Flemming,West,Boyd,Fairview,Raceland & Russell
LionEagle Wrote:East by 5 57-52. Ashland looks to be a little over rated from the flemming game. South Point would be the favorite in the 16th they also beat Sheldon Clark the 15th Region favorite. IMO still a 3 team race East, Ashland, Rowan followed by Flemming,West,Boyd,Fairview,Raceland & Russell

Got all your bases covered don't ya? You picked Ashland by 14+ in another thread.
HD28 Wrote:Got all your bases covered don't ya? You picked Ashland by 14+ in another thread.

That is Ashland by 14+ over Russell
My bad!
I saw East also has a loss. Who beat them and by how much?
Bryan Station by 34...75-41.
Bryan Station is ranked 7th or 8th in the 11th region, depending on what poll you look at
EC by a narrow margin. Ashland will come to play though.
I heard that a Lady Raider starter may have came down with an ankle injury today at practice not sure who or how bad it is or if they will be able to play tonight.
American Dream Wrote:East will win by 20 at home! The Kittens are very over rated they lost to South Point at home. The game against Fleming Co. was a joke just winning by 5 points. The kittens don't play with heart! It looks like they have been reading the paper telling them how good they are!

I agree with them being overrated some, they should have never lost to S.Point,won't hustle back on defense. they got so much depth is why they're rated so high, however they don't play their best players enough being that alot of them are underclassmen starting with 7th,8th, and 9th graders, not wanting to hurt any of the girls or parents feelings by the younger girls playing. The starting 5 is fine but should relieve them with the most talented players regardless of age. they have the depth to press people to death, but don't push the ball enough. probably still going to finish 1st or 2nd in the region but won't reach full potential unless they make these moves
The South Point team would beat any team in our region in my opinion. As far as the younger girls, yes I believe there are some awsome players there and I believe they could play against some of the teams in our district and be fine, but when you play quality teams like East and Rowan I believe they would struggle a little just because of experiance and size. Dont get me wrong they are great players and we cannot wait until there ready for varsity, Ashland has a great group now and a great group coming up.
The kittens will be fine, If anyone saw the south point game they would have seen a great south point team. Glad they are not in the 16th and coach Bradley is fine with the way he is running the girls in and out of there IMO. The younger kids 7th & 8th graders no need to bring them up. These kids are playing freshman ball and gaining valuble experience.
Ashland wins by a final score of 53 - 47. Please pass the crow.

Looks like you need to make a retraction? Kittens win by 6 at East after leading by double digits for much of the game (I think Ashland was up by 18 at one point). I wonder what the paper will print about this game? i'm sure that Kitten's fans are anxious to read the early edition. :biggrin:
A nice win for the Kittens at East. From the reports from the game The Kittens handled the pressure from East. I was wrong about the the final score of the game. But I still think the Kittens are over rated.
American Dream Wrote:A nice win for the Kittens at East. From the reports from the game The Kittens handled the pressure from East. I was wrong about the the final score of the game. But I still think the Kittens are over rated.

Care to elaborate? The Kitten's made a mockery of your prediction (a 26 point swing) and you still don't give them credit? I'd love to have more explanation.....what do the other 16th region teams have that the Ashland team doesn't?
Final