Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 48 Dixie 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Congrats Birds.
Is Pike still out for Dixie?
Stardust Wrote:Is Pike still out for Dixie?

Pike played tonight.

He hit a big 3 at the buzzer of the third quarter to send the game in to the fourth tied 30-30.

Heard he wasn't much of a factor though as Grubbs took him out of the game both physically and mentally.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Pike played tonight.

He hit a big 3 at the buzzer of the third quarter to send the game in to the fourth tied 30-30.

Heard he wasn't much of a factor though as Grubbs took him out of the game both physically and mentally.

That givesme a better feel for the game. Pike is the only size, though he doesn't really use it that, that could compete with HHS inside guys. Knowing he played tells me that HHS beat Dixie at their best.
Stardust Wrote:That givesme a better feel for the game. Pike is the only size, though he doesn't really use it that, that could compete with HHS inside guys. Knowing he played tells me that HHS beat Dixie at their best.

Highlands definetly beat Dixie at their best.

Birds were without Grote tonight. He didn't play due to dizziness. He was feeling dizzy yesterday at practice and went to the doctor today to see if he had a concussion or not.
Congrats Birds!
The Birds could have won this game by 15 but they missed a ton of FT's. Give Dixie credit as they hit many of their freebies and they also played pretty tough Defense. Pike was battling hard as were all the Colonels. Wes Smith the big footballer was in the game throwing his body around, he was credited with 1 or 2 tackles I think.

The Birds were just too deep for the Colonels and they forced some key turnovers late in the game which caused Dixie to foul. The Birds did hit 70% of their FT's down the stretch though and put it out of reach.

Brandon Hatton the 8th grader who starts for Dixie is very good and very composed. He is around 6' 175 lbs and very solid. He hit a tough shot in the lane late in the game and plays a lot older than he is. He will be an All stater by the time he is a JR IMO. He is already ranked in the top 100 Nationally.