Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 87 - Pikeville 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score.
Hatfield 23, Justice 15, Tyler Newsome 15, Taylor Newsome 11, Ramey 7, Varney 5, T Roberts 4, R Roberts 3, D Tacket 2, Lucas 2
Nobody really thought it would be any closer did they ?
The best game I have ever seen Ashley Hatfield play, the dunk with the Pikeville kid all over him was awesome, way to Cats!!
Hatfield was on fire tonight.:devilflam Great game wildcats.:flame:
congrats Valley!!
Congratulations Cats! Nice game Ashley.
Did the Valley starters sit much
Congrats Valley.
Congrats to SV on a big win!!
Stardust Wrote:Did the Valley starters sit much

I know Ashley, Taylor, and Varney sat quite a while in the 1st half. Not sure, but probably because of foul trouble. Booher played 10 players in the 1st half. The starters played most of the 3rd. I'm pretty sure Elisha sat out the 4th quarter as did a couple more starters. Overall, Elisha and Tyler played almost 3 quarters, and I would say most of the others played around 2 1/2, but that is just by my estimate.
Congratulations Shelby Valley!
Great win for Valley..wasnt much of a test..closer than I was predicting though..Keep this streak alive boys..This is the year.
Bleeding Blue Wrote:Great win for Valley..wasnt much of a test..closer than I was predicting though..Keep this streak alive boys..This is the year.
error remove
Usual game for SV turning turn overs into points. Looked good and it's about time for a new PA system at Valley.
Congrats on the win SV, no surprise here this one went about as expected. I think that's about the way most of SV's games against the other teams in the 15th will go. SV started out fast in this one hitting alot of shoots from beyond the 3, the scoring slowed in the second with Booher playing almost everyone, but alot of it was due in my opinion, to SV falling in love with the 3 and not taking the ball to the goal. The third period was all SV they dominated it in about every way and that's pretty much the end of the story as most of SV's starters sit for the 4th period. Very good game from Hatfield tonight I hope it was just a look at things to come this year because his shot looked good and he was hitting from inside, outside and had a couple of pretty nice dunks, especially the last one, he also looked very aggressive on D and hit the boards well tonight with the rest of the cats playing hard as usual defending and passing the ball well.:Thumbs:
justabballfan Wrote:Congrats on the win SV, no surprise here this one went about as expected. I think that's about the way most of SV's games against the other teams in the 15th will go. SV started out fast in this one hitting alot of shoots from beyond the 3, the scoring slowed in the second with Booher playing almost everyone, but alot of it was due in my opinion, to SV falling in love with the 3 and not taking the ball to the goal. The third period was all SV they dominated it in about every way and that's pretty much the end of the story as most of SV's starters sit for the 4th period. Very good game from Hatfield tonight I hope it was just a look at things to come this year because his shot looked good and he was hitting from inside, outside and had a couple of pretty nice dunks, especially the last one, he also looked very aggressive on D and hit the boards well tonight with the rest of the cats playing hard as usual defending and passing the ball well.:Thumbs:
Looks as if they were sharing the ball, the scoring was not just Hatfield and Justice, the entire team got involved, which is what we need, if we only have one scorer the other team can collapse on him and take him out of the game to a degree, although Elisha has proved he is hard to really take him out of the game entirely. Good win, SV, GO WILDCATS!!
Congrats SV.
Nice win for Valley. Really shows the depth that this team can have. The talent drops off after the front 5 but the back up can give them rest if they need it. Great win and keep it up boys.
Did not see a couple of players in the Pikeville boxscore. Did Burchett and Clark play in this game..:thanks:
good win SV
I like the way Taylor Newsome plays the game. He does what it takes on the inside and never have I seen him back down from anyone of any size. I think his Dad was that way when he played. Justice is a player that gets so much attention and deservingly so however some of these other kids get overlooked and they are dandy players.
BondJamesBond Wrote:Did not see a couple of players in the Pikeville boxscore. Did Burchett and Clark play in this game..:thanks:
Clark is injured and out until January, and Burchett played, but did not score.