Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd 43 - Mullins 41 (Shag Campbell Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SF advances and will play the Allen Eagles.
this was a great game to watch very exciting!!
Congrats Raiders, you guys played very sluggish tonight, but a win is a win and we'll take it!
Nice game by both teams
Congratulations to the Raiders, this is a game they really earned. Very physical game too but everyone showed great character by playing through it and not starting any kind of on court hassles.

Tyler Daniels was big tonight, whenever we could get him off the court we could turn the game around in mere seconds. He may not be the biggest pure center in the area but he has made me believe he is the most talented pure center around here.

We did not shoot the ball well at all, I believe we only hit four threes the entire game when we have players who average 5 and 6 threes a game. Dylan Meade had a very off night, I believe he only scored 8 or 9 points but had open looks all night. Marcus Johnson was held scoreless for the first time all year. The players who stepped up and really kept us in the game was Caleb Meade and Damon Adkins.

In the locker room, I believe Coach Kidd said it best. We are the most dangerous team in Pike County because your never sure who you are going to play with us. We are like day and night. One team can show up, play Betsy Layne within two points in one half, nearly beat Feds Creek on a off night and eliminate Allen Central from there own tournament. However, we can then come out and get ran off the court by a Belfry team that is not 20 points better then us. We forget to play defense and let one player beat us.
Congrats South Floyd.
Not taking anything away from Damon or Caleab, But Gaige Ray played an awesome game tonight defensively. The boy had like 8 steals, not sure on the points but i know of 5. Lets not forget that there is 5 on that floor and they all play hard, it was a very intense game. How come you guys kept feeding Dylan Meade the ball tonight when he was cold? He's a great player but his average tonight was 5 for 31(total shots). There is other shooters on this team, they just never get the ball as often. Great game Tigers...
Must have been a good game to watch. 2 point difference between two good schools makes us oldtimers swallow our tobacco sometimes, ha ha.
Last nights game was a great match between both schools. Sf pulled out the win, but I have to admit that in my opinion, neither team played to it's full potential. Mullins seemed to lack the intensity and fire power they needed. Tyler Daniels played the best for SF and when he was in the game it seemed like the Tigers were intimidated by him. When he was subbed out of the game was when they started to go on their little runs to take the lead again...but this wasn't enough to win the game.

Gaige Ray did play a good game for Mullins last night, and I'm sure bball_fan didnt mean to look over him. He hustled all night long and had a lot of steals. His defensive effort was totally there, but the offense was not. He got plenty of touches but couldn't convert. He's got to learn to be stronger with the ball because there were a couple of times when he caught the ball in the corner and was shoved out of bounds by SF...resulting in a turnover for mullins. Damon Adkins was the MVP for mullins, in my opinion last night. When Dylan came out cold, he was able to score some needed buckets. He really picked up the offensive effort for the Tigers. Even though Meade didnt have a great offensive night, he still has to shoot the ball....if he gets going, no one can stop him.

If you're saying, when the game is on the line, that Dylan shouldn't have taken the shot, then you're mistaken. That's like telling Virgie not to give it to Richardson. That's like telling Dorton not to feed it into Belter. That's like telling Feds Creek not to give it to Justice. Great players make great plays, last night just wasn't his night. I would rather him be off in this game, than to be off in a conference game.

Congrats to SF on the win.
Let me stress something, I did not forget about Gaige at all! As a player, Gaige is great to coach. As a person, I love Gaige to death. The reason I did not mention Gaige last night after his steals and play is because he does that night in and night out. He gives us 3 to 5 steals every game. He scores 5 to 10 points a game and also rebounds well. He does that every night, that is why I did not mention it. Nothing he did jumped out at me, just did what I have come to expect from him.

And yes I understand there are 5 players on the court at a time. The only two who I really praised was Caleb and Damon but that is because they did things they have not done all season long. They kept us in the ball game by stepping up and scoring. But that is not why I praised Damon. Damon is a grade school point guard and did not turn the ball over one single time last night! How many guards at this age can honestly say they had a game where they did not commit one turnover!