Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coaching Situations in region 4 district 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard anything new about the coaching situations at Pike Central, Shelby Valley, and possibly Pikeville?
I have heard:

Ben howard-shelby valley
MacNamee-still at pikeville
East Ridge- Eric Ratliff
and of course...Letcher County Central- Hillard Howard
Most of these may be obvious to some people....I am 99% postive that this is the way it will turn out..
I think that Mac at Pikeville is still up in the air...but if he is leaving then I would think that something would have been said by now so I hope that he is staying with the Panthers!
Well if Mac is staying at Pikeville, then I wonder who will be taking the reigns at Pike Central.
I dunno, but beef...i think i can put yours and everybody elses fears to rest... Mac is staying.....

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:22 am:

i don't even know why i'm posting this, but if, if, if, if Mac was to leave... I think the team would be in good hands with Salyer.....
How positive are you that he is staying??
I am 99.999999999999999% positive that he IS staying.
I'm right there with you mania I do believe that Mac is here to stay and take another run at that state title with the maroon and white
Yep....I believe he will be good to stay for this year atleast...
panthermania Wrote:I am 99.999999999999999% positive that he IS staying.
Last time I was in Pikeville, the rumors were that he was going to head up to Central. I didn't have a chance to talk to Coach Mac about any of this, but nobody was really sure where he was going to end up.

panthermania, what makes you so sure?
Yes, what does make you so sure pm? Last I heard, which was around Christmas time, MacNamee was going to leave.
Yes....Well trust me...I am here in pikeville....You both are in Lex Vegas...lol...Christmas was two weeks ago also
panthermania Wrote:Yes....Well trust me...I am here in pikeville....You both are in Lex Vegas...lol...Christmas was two weeks ago also
Christmas was more like 3 weeks ago, but Christmas break only ended about a week ago. Plus it isn't like I've cut all ties to everyone in Pikeville.
From a really reliable source I've heard he is going to stay with the panthers. Although that is all I know at this time
Lol...only playin with you farva....but trust me....he is here for atleast this year....neither have i cut all ties since graduation.....lol
Well I dont know about the pikeville situation, I have heard that Eric Ratliff may be back at East Ridge.
4leaf Wrote:Well I dont know about the pikeville situation, I have heard that Eric Ratliff may be back at East Ridge.
This would really surprise me if Coach Ratliff ended up back at East Ridge, especially with the conditions he had to leave under. But he definitely SHOULD be a head coach somewhere.
If Mac Doesn't stay who do you think will be coach
???
I really don't want to think about that...but...if..if..if..if mac leaves...i think the job should definately go to salyer....it needs to stay with in the family atleast for this year......screwing around with the offensive strategies..which is exactly what a new coach would do is not a good thing to do especially with chase being a senior....the kid is a great QB but i really don't think we need to be mixing things up especially with chae...things are going good for the kid the way they are.....

Posted Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:03 am:

Farva Wrote:
4leaf Wrote:Well I dont know about the pikeville situation, I have heard that Eric Ratliff may be back at East Ridge.
This would really surprise me if Coach Ratliff ended up back at East Ridge, especially with the conditions he had to leave under. But he definitely SHOULD be a head coach somewhere.

I definately agree....i wish pikeville could get him back as D coordinator ......
Eric Ratliff is the smartest man alive when it comes to the Skull-Duggery of the gridiron. Pikeville could definitely build up their D with that man as the pilot
True...True
he's run over everyone on the feild...
??????