Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd/Pike County Weekly Coaches/Analyst Ranking for week of Dec. 13 - Dec. 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Team - First Place Vote - Point Total - Last Week
1.Betsy Layne (10) -100 - 1
2.Dorton - 83 - 4
3.Virgie -78 - 2
4.Feds Creek - 69 - 3
5.Adams - 52 - 5
6.Belfry - 43 - 6
7.Mullins - 38 - 8
8.Allen Central - 37 - 7
9.South Floyd - 36 - 9
10.Pikeville - 11 - 10

No others received votes

Voting Panel this week
Assist. Coach Slone of Mullins
Coach Kidd of Mullins
Coach Davis of Dorton
Coach Howell of Adams
Janitor_32
Assist. Coach Jarrell of Wesley
Reainmate
Feds Creeks' Principal
Coach Wright of Allen
Assist. Coach Hall of South Floyd
SF has a big week coming up.

Tuesday- Mullins@ Allen
Wednesday(if necc) Possibly BL @Allen in the Finals
Thursday- Adams @ SF

Tournament At Mullins, Saturday, play the winner of Whitesburg/E-City.

Talk about a chance to boost your ranking.

Good Luck to all teams this week and for the rest of the season.
We are 1-2 against Feds Creek so I think they should still be ranked ahead of us, or at least tied. We are 1-1 against Virgie so we should probably be tied with them, but most rankings are based on a "what have you done lately" theory.

Tomorrow's matchup between Feds Creek and Virgie will tell us a lot.
I would like to know Adams record just for comparison sake.
NEXT Wrote:I would like to know Adams record just for comparison sake.

Something like 11-2 or so.
Coach, for a catch up on Adams...along with South Floyd, Allen Central and even us (Mullins) and how closely these 4 teams are to each other...

Mullins defeated Allen Central eariler in the year by I think 6.
Allen Central defeated South Floyd by 20 or more.
Adams defeated Allen Central by around 20.
Adams beat South Floyd by 2 in Overtime.
South Floyd beat us by I think it was 5.

You could throw Pikeville into this too because...

Mullins defeated Pikeville @ Pikeville by 2
Pikeville defeated South Floyd twice (or so I was told) by less then 10.

Belfry had a big game against Mullins on a night that we was ice cold and beat us by around 20, but not sure if they have played anyone else major since though.

Virgie has beat Dorton once and then lost to them in the 15th region.

Feds Creek has beat Dorton twice but Dorton beat them in the 15th region.

Feds Creek defeated Mullins at Mullins by 6 or 8, but Cameron Justice hit a 3 with a couple of seconds to go that pushed the lead up more. Mullins lead the whole way but took bad shots down the stretch.

Betsy Layne has proven on any given night, they are 20 points better then any other team in pike and floyd county.
bball_fan Wrote:Coach, for a catch up on Adams...along with South Floyd, Allen Central and even us (Mullins) and how closely these 4 teams are to each other...

Mullins defeated Allen Central eariler in the year by I think 6.
Allen Central defeated South Floyd by 20 or more.
Adams defeated Allen Central by around 20.
Adams beat South Floyd by 2 in Overtime.
South Floyd beat us by I think it was 5.

You could throw Pikeville into this too because...

Mullins defeated Pikeville @ Pikeville by 2
Pikeville defeated South Floyd twice (or so I was told) by less then 10.

Belfry had a big game against Mullins on a night that we was ice cold and beat us by around 20, but not sure if they have played anyone else major since though.

Virgie has beat Dorton once and then lost to them in the 15th region.

Feds Creek has beat Dorton twice but Dorton beat them in the 15th region.

Feds Creek defeated Mullins at Mullins by 6 or 8, but Cameron Justice hit a 3 with a couple of seconds to go that pushed the lead up more. Mullins lead the whole way but took bad shots down the stretch.

Betsy Layne has proven on any given night, they are 20 points better then any other team in pike and floyd county.

AC beat SF by 20, in 1st regular season game on Nov.11th, I think.

SF has beaten Pikeville twice (not the other way around), by 15 and 12.

SF beat Mullins by 8.
My bad coach, i was told that pikeville had beaten south floyd. but reguardless, i believe its pretty clear to see on any given night, just about everyone in pike and floyd can beat anyone else.
Rankings are all good and fun, but like I said earlier, there are a number of teams that can win this, Nothing will be decided until tournament time.
congrats coach kidd in the polls
I can honestly say on any given night that mullins can not come within 10 points of Dorton, Virgie, Feds Creek, or belfry at a neutral site. Those teams are in a league of their own.
:Thumbs:
EasyMoney Wrote:I can honestly say on any given night that mullins can not come within 10 points of Dorton, Virgie, Feds Creek, or belfry at a neutral site. Those teams are in a league of their own.

Easymoney, just going by this and some of your previous posts, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you're totally against Mullins in everyway. I'm not trying to pick a fight or start an argument with you, but just curious as why you even had to make that statement? If Mullins had been voted and ranked above any of these teams, then okay, but each of the teams you mentioned are ranked above Mullins.

In the last match against Feds Creek, Mullins was winning by 7 at the half, but Feds Creek went on to win by 8......thats within 10 points...

You might want to wait until Mullins plays each of these teams and FC again before you make that prediction. On Dec 26th thru 29th all these teams play in the Elkhorn City tourny. We'll get see how these games go when they play each other on a neutral site....Just saying, but Mullins will turn some heads if you're overlooking them. They have tons of talent and a great coach, we just need 100% effort for 4 quarters.

BL definately deserves the #1 spot, and it's good to see the Bobcats there with all the controversy that people have tried to start with them. Dorton is playing their very best ball of the year currently and earn the #2 spot. Virgie and Feds Creek both have awesome ball clubs this year and FC is proving to be one of the best ball clubs in Pike co. this year. Looks like a good top 10 to me! :Thumbs:
Let me stress this, I believe in my boys. Anything I get on here and say, I do not believe but know they can do. I believe in these boys because they have given me every reason to believe in them! I will always believe we can step on a court with Virgie, Dorton, Feds Creek and Belfry and walk away winners. The only thing our boys lack is mental toughness and it is hard to build that when people get on here and publicly attack them.

Easy Money, I do not know if myself, Coach Kidd or the actual school of Mullins has done something to you but you keep attacking everything that myself and Coach Kidd says. I simply want to know why? We have not asked to pick a fight, we just get on here and praise our boys like other coaches in the area do. I admit when we are out matched and I tell on here exactly why we lost every game we have. Against Betsy Layne, we was simply out matched like everyone else in Floyd and Pike County. Against Belfry, we came out ice cold. That happens! Against Feds Creek, we simply forgot that Johnny Miller can shoot the ball and left him open all night. Against South Floyd, Tyler Daniels did whatever he wanted. The Feds Creek loss, South Floyd and Belfry is all because we did not play good defense and these teams capitalized on our mistakes. Does that mean I should tell our boys we cannot beat these teams? No, that means I should tell our boys we have things to work on to make sure they cannot beat us again...or at least in the same fashion as they did before. We are always going to teach our boys and I believe what Coach Kidd and I teach these boys will help them become better ball players but most of all, better people. I just simply want to know what the deal is? Why are you so against us?

It is situations like this one, and situations like the children from Betsy Layne faced that this game no longer feels like a game but becomes personal. Why? Why does something that is suppose to be for fun have to mean so much that people say things to harm people's emotions? Coach Kidd has said it many times, this site is to praise children. If it is parents who are saying these things, then you need to realize what kind of example you are setting for your children. I know parents jumped Betsy Layne about holding back, even though they did it within the rules. Have you ever thought about the example that shows your children. Your making excuses about why they have not beat that team, instead of saying we need to just work harder to get better. Then people get on here and say things about certain kids, and they have said it about kids from every school in the area and about every school in the area. Remember when something someone said made you feel two inches tall? Why do people always have to lower themselves to attacking other people verbally on some website to make themselves or those around them feel better. Whatever happened to winning and losing with class? Whatever happened to admitting you got beat and saying we'll get you next time! Why does it have to be we lost because this kid ball hogged! We lost because this kid was sick! We lost because the refs were bad! We lost because the court was small! We lost because of this or that. Things happen that effect every single game. Sometimes teams come out ready to play and sometimes they do not. People get on this site and carry on like this game is life and death. War is life and death! Basketball is not. They get on here and say things that if you told someone to there face, they would knock your head off for. I understand parents are going to take up for there kids but why take up for them in a way that would offended another parent? Why does it have to be this way? Why can't parents grow up and act there age? Why can't we teach our children a little bit of class so they do not get on sites like this and dog other people.

This website honestly, needs to be shut down. The reason it was created was to praise local sports but it has turned into a sports version of topics. Let these kids play this GAME. I know we all want to win, but only one can. Lets get back to teaching our children and ourselves how to lose with honor and how to grow from it and create a drive from losing that makes us want to work harder. If we cannot do that, then why even play the game of basketball ever again? If we forget this game is meant to be fun and make it into something more then just a game, why play it? Because when it becomes more then a game, then we have forgotten the meaning of the word sport.
EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!!!!! everything you have said I TOTALLY AGREE with EXCEPT that the TOPIX forum is another thing that definately needs to be taken off completely!!! The people on there do nothing except bash each other or others and try to keep trouble brewing or hurt someone else's feelings. I think some people even have several names they post under just to try to keep something going instead of praising each other for doing something good in either a winning or losing situation!!!!! This forum should be about building up the moral of our kids and making them feel they are worth a GOOD JOB OR A PAT ON THE BACK111111
bball_fan Wrote:Team - First Place Vote - Point Total - Last Week
2.Dorton - 83 - 4
3.Virgie -78 - 2
4.Feds Creek - 69 - 3
5.Adams - 52 - 5
6.Belfry - 43 - 6
7.Mullins - 38 - 8
8.Allen Central - 37 - 7
9.South Floyd - 36 - 9
10.Pikeville - 11 - 10

No others received votes

Voting Panel this week
Coach Kidd of Mullins
Coach Davis of Dorton
Coach Howell of Adams
Janitor_32
Reainmate
Feds Creeks' Principal
Coach Wright of Allen

:please: Can anyone tell me why these schools , haven't been put in one conference together ? Quite a few schools , but , a North South , type of format, would be an ideal setting, great competition ..... For basketball fans their would be a great game somewhere, in this conference every night !!!! Travel time wouldn't be too bad at all , and , I believe the crowds would be great !!! Just a thought, I'd like to hear some opinions.... ( Keep up the good work !! ):Thumbs:
Feds Creek has wins over Dorton and Virgie..and still #4? There a solid #2 team.
Saratoga_86 Wrote::please: Can anyone tell me why these schools , haven't been put in one conference together ? Quite a few schools , but , a North South , type of format, would be an ideal setting, great competition ..... For basketball fans their would be a great game somewhere, in this conference every night !!!! Travel time wouldn't be too bad at all , and , I believe the crowds would be great !!! Just a thought, I'd like to hear some opinions.... ( Keep up the good work !! ):Thumbs:

There are alot more teams in both Pike/Floyd Counties.
After that book, those four teams are still better by 10 points.

You lost to Feds Creek by 8 at your home, imagine the game at a neutral sight.
And Betsy Layne only beat them by 2 earlier in the year and dorton played them close as well.

So I do not see how you think they are way
better than all the rest
Real Badman Wrote:Feds Creek has wins over Dorton and Virgie..and still #4? There a solid #2 team.

I agree because they have 2 wins over us. Most rankings are based on recent activity and the rankings we are looking at came before FC beat Virgie. It will probably be different in next weeks rankings.
Easy money yet again you make a comment about Mullins that has nothing to do with anything. No one ever said that Mullins was the best or that they would beat any of these teams, but to say that all these teams are 10 points better than mullins is ridiculous. bball_fan said nothing in his comment to personally attack you, if you dont like what he post then dont read it. Keep putting mullins down and over looking them and we will see what happens in the rest of the season.

When BL only beat Feds Creek by 2 they had just recieved their football players and had only one practice before they played feds creek and that was the day of the game. They practiced and then came and played. If they were to play at this point in the season... BL wins by 15. Not putting feds creek down because they are a great team but BL is 15 points better than anyone in Pike/Floyd county.

Come to the cougar classic at Elkhorn after christmas.....It will be a great tournament.
Harrison_0021 wrote: When BL only beat Feds Creek by 2 they had just recieved their football players and had only one practice before they played feds creek and that was the day of the game. They practiced and then came and played. If they were to play at this point in the season... BL wins by 15. Not putting feds creek down because they are a great team but BL is 15 points better than anyone in Pike/Floyd county.

OK Harrison, If you think that Besty Layne is the only school that has football players playing on thier basketball team then you are wrong. I know if 5-6 players from FC that played football also. Not trying to agure on here, but if you want to make excuses for a win I think that is totally silly. I mean I have heard of people making excuses for loses but wins? I am a firm supporter of FC and I respect your opinions but what really gets to me is people on here that always want to have an excuse or reason to why something happen. Everyone on here was to praise FC for being a good team, but then the same people want to turn around and make excuses. Dorton's coach is probably the only one on here that has never made excuses for his loses to FC and I have never made excuses for FC loses. Besty Layne out played us. Hazard outplayed us. Dorton was just a better all around team then us. There you go FC has 3 loses, everyone of them the team was either better that night or out played us. Oh Yea South Floyd also beat us, thats 4 loses. they played a great game we had chances to wins and maked mistakes. SF and BL games was preseason but still they was loses.

If people want to get on here and say they think this team or that team is better then FC, that is fine with me....but if you win by 2 or you lose...DONT MAKE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!
I know that they're not the only school to have football players playing on their bastketball team, i'm a little smarter than that...Saying that I think BL would win by 15 the next time they play is not making an excuse for why they only won by 2 the first time. I know that the starting 5, plus the first couple off the bench play football. Now that they've had lots of time to practice and get in the flow of the game, I think it would be a different match up. A win is a win no matter if you win by 2 or 25...It was not intended as an excuse for a win, because like you said that's totally silly...I was just stating my opinion
Real Badman Wrote:There are alot more teams in both Pike/Floyd Counties.

:popcorn: I respect what you're saying , but , my question stands, they're , can't be that many, something could be worked out ..... When it comes to a great team like FC , let's play again , ( it was to early in the season to count the first game BL vs FC ) call Coach Howard and let's do it again... ( Two good teams, it would be fun to watch.... ) :Thumbs:
I do not think that betsy Layne wants to play Feds Creek again
why wouldnt they?
IMO Betsy Layne would beat Feds Creek, if the played again. Betsy Layne has turned it up lately, winning the Expo tourney, and the Shag Campbell. They had to beat some pretty good teams during that period.
bball_fan Wrote:Team - First Place Vote - Point Total - Last Week
2.Dorton - 83 - 4
3.Virgie -78 - 2
4.Feds Creek - 69 - 3
5.Adams - 52 - 5
6.Belfry - 43 - 6
7.Mullins - 38 - 8
8.Allen Central - 37 - 7
9.South Floyd - 36 - 9
10.Pikeville - 11 - 10

No others received votes

Voting Panel this week
Coach Kidd of Mullins
Coach Davis of Dorton
Coach Howell of Adams
Janitor_32
Reainmate
Feds Creeks' Principal
Coach Wright of Allen
this is right all of these teams are good team and anyone could beat anyone at and time.

and asst.coach hall from south floyd is a great coach he really helps the kids out.
all the coachs sound like they have some good teams cant wait for the tourney this year
Look who's number 1 now. The Feds Creek Vikings. 24 point win over the Dorton Wildcats in the semi finals. 10 point win over Virgie Eagles in the championship game of the Pike County Tourney. Vikings had the dominate team!
Anyway we can start this back up for this season?
Pages: 1 2