Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With alot of great returning players I think Clay can make a run for the district and maybe even the region next year.
That's what a lot of people said last year.
Harlan County has a lot of great players returning too.
Maybe Clay can make some believers out of people next year!!!!!!!!!
GO TIGERS
I can't wait for the football season to come back around. It's the best time of the year.

Go Tigers

With all the talent Clay will have this year, I think its going to be a wild one.
How many seniors does Clay lose?
Do they have some new players?
I bet they are glad to have JV Hooker back.
They will loose I think six or seven seniors. However almost all of the key players were juniors. This coming year they will be very senior heavy, something they havent been since I have been following them. I was told that the freshmen coming in were the best class they have had since this years juniors. However I dont think it has been confirmed that JV Hooker will be back. I would love to see him back, however I would hate to see him put his basketball at risk. I hear he has a great chance at playing college basketball. As long as this team sticks together and learn from each other they will have a great season.
I heard Hooker wasn't playing.

It would be tough to make up ground on Letcher Central and Harlan County without him, not to mention North Laurel, which beat them with Hooker playing. I don't know if Clay's freshmen had a better eighth-grade team than Letcher Central or Harlan County.
FootballManiac Wrote:They will loose I think six or seven seniors. However almost all of the key players were juniors. This coming year they will be very senior heavy, something they havent been since I have been following them. I was told that the freshmen coming in were the best class they have had since this years juniors. However I dont think it has been confirmed that JV Hooker will be back. I would love to see him back, however I would hate to see him put his basketball at risk. I hear he has a great chance at playing college basketball. As long as this team sticks together and learn from each other they will have a great season.

the incoming freshmen (this years 8th grade was not very good), the 7th grade was very good though. Clay had some talented freshmen linemen on this years team. This years Clay County should be good a lot of skilled talent with some young big lineman. This should be Clay Countys year after 2 years of under acheiving.
FootballManiac Wrote:They will loose I think six or seven seniors. However almost all of the key players were juniors. This coming year they will be very senior heavy, something they havent been since I have been following them. I was told that the freshmen coming in were the best class they have had since this years juniors. However I dont think it has been confirmed that JV Hooker will be back. I would love to see him back, however I would hate to see him put his basketball at risk. I hear he has a great chance at playing college basketball. As long as this team sticks together and learn from each other they will have a great season.
You don't sound like a Tiger football guy to me or even someone who wants to see the best for J.V. He is a fantastic football player. 6'4, 4.4 speed, great hands and you think his best sport is BB? He has a fb staff who wants to see the best for him. There are three schools called U.K., U.T. and U.L. who covet him for FB. They're just hoping that guys like you stay away from him. If you really cared about the kid or FB you would be encouraging him to not to come back too soon and get hurt again before FB starts.
JV Hooker's best chance to get a college scolly is football. The UK, UL, bit is a little far fetched but I'm sure he has got letters like alot of kids. He is for sure a D-1 talent who's stock seems to hinge on injuries that have plagued him through out career.
As smart a kid as he is, I'm sure he will put his trust in the direction the football staff advises him.
I'm guessing he could play collegiately in both sports, especially as a receiver in football.

But hasn't he had two season-ending injuries during football season? That has to be considered, unless the football staff is more worried about the football staff than Hooker.
Whatever Hooker decides to do should not matter. Clay will win the region this coming season. Nobody has the talent pool coming back that they do. This coming season has been the year that the Clay fans have waited a long time for.

Good luck !
If the talent pool was that good it's unlikely they would have finished last this past season.
WE suck... we will finish last again this year!! Wink
Not winning a district game, to winning the region, I think not. Miller, Reid and Gilbert are very talented but after that there are alot of ? Getting back to the playoffs and not losing to teams such as North would be a good start.
Big year for Arnett and staff. Good Luck!
palmer Wrote:I'm guessing he could play collegiately in both sports, especially as a receiver in football.

But hasn't he had two season-ending injuries during football season? That has to be considered, unless the football staff is more worried about the football staff than Hooker.

The coaches are great, and they wouldn't do anything to put any of their players health or well being at risk. If any player is on the field you can rest asure that they are not in any more risk than anyone else. The coaches want to win, but they are way better than that.
Whats cc's offensive/defensive line holding this year ?
Scout2010 Wrote:Whats cc's offensive/defensive line holding this year ?

They will need some young players to step up, but they have talent on both sides.
Its getting close to time for camp for the teams. Which means one thing, The start of the season is getting really close. I wish the Tigers luck this coming season, and hope to see them competing in the playoffs. Looks like they will be battle tested early in the season going on the road to Knox Central and Scott County. If they can get through the start of the season with some wins, than they will be tough to deal with for the remainder of the season.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!
I believe Clay County will be a dangerous team this year, especialy if they win those first two games and come into district play with a lot of confidence. Good luck to the Tigers!