Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Agent: Bonds Baseball Career Is Over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Barry Bonds still has yet to formally retire from baseball. But the career of the major leagues' reigning home run king is over, his agent says, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Bonds has insisted he won't retire, leaving open the possibility that he might yet catch on with another team. But that hasn't happened, and his agent doubts that it ever will, according to the report.

"It's two years since he played his last game, and if there was any chance he'd be back in a major-league uniform, it would have happened by now," his agent, Jeff Borris, said Wednesday, according to the report.

Bonds, now 45, last played in 2007, when he led the National League in three offensive categories with the San Francisco Giants. But in November of 2007, a federal grand jury indicted him on perjury charges, alleging he lied when he testified he had never knowingly used performance-enhancing drugs.

No free-agent offers came the following winter and spring.
"When 2008 came around, I couldn't get him a job. When 2009 came around, I couldn't get him a job. Now, 2010 ... I'd say it's nearly impossible," Borris said, according to the report. "It's an unfortunate ending to a storied career."

If it's truly over for Bonds, his career ends with 762 home runs, 1,996 runs batted in and seven National League MVP awards.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4730658"]Barry Bonds' agent says slugger's career is over - ESPN[/ame]
Let's see what happens in 5 years when we have the HOF voting
Stardust Wrote:Let's see what happens in 5 years when we have the HOF voting

You know what will happen. Me and you have as good of a chance as Bonds to get the Hall of Fame.
I think its bad to see such a great players career come to an end like this. But also in a way i kinda think he deserves it.