Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Appalachia (Va.) 74 - Jenkins 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
How bad is Appalachia?
Glad to see that Jenkins is getting better. They put 47 points which is much better.
Well, that Appalachia team must not be very good, or either they actually played their reserves or jv players. But, Congrats to Jenkins on scoring 47 points and only losing by 27 points!!
Teams from Southwest Virginia are generally weak in basketball. They are 20 years behind Kentucky. There are some teams that are pretty good but most are not. This may be an area where Jenkins can schedule more games next year as it would be a closer drive for them then most of the teams they play in Kentucky.
i agree on scheduling more teams from southwest va teams like Pound, J.J. Kelly and rye cove i believe would be great match ups.
Thats sounds like a perfect idea!!
This "weak" Appalachia team you refer to, They had Jenkins down at the half 55-5, and played nothing put JV players the 2nd half. And as far as playing these weak virginia teams in the future, go ahead, Powell Valley beat your Wolf County last nite and Gate City will beat LCC in the next couple of weeks. THere are some teams like Jenkins on this side of the state line but not all are like Jenkins. The difference in basketball is Kentucky has consolidated their county schools and have larger enrollments.
PVBasketball Wrote:And as far as playing these weak virginia teams in the future, go ahead, Powell Valley beat your Wolf County last nite and Gate City will beat LCC in the next couple of weeks.

Schedule a powerhouse 14th or 15th region team then come talk to us.
Bring your best over to the Arby's classic in Kingsport Tn, see what kind of ball you got, you'll be leaving with some loses. Some of the top teams in the country play here each Christmas. Kentucky high school ball is decent but not overwhelming, of course we know what happens when you cross the line and try to play football.
Actually, Appalachia has talent. They are decent little ball club. If i do believe they went to state last year? Anyway, i think if Jenkins would have played like they did in the 2nd half it would have been a game.