Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jessica Melton transfers to Hazard.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perry Central lost one of their best players this week in Jessica Melton. Will Melton be eligible up at Hazard?????????
In light of recent rulings by the KHSAA, probably.
What happened at Perry Central why did she transfer?
I hope somebody can shed light on this subject. Can a player be eligible to play if they are just now transferring?
I have heard it was due to soccer reasons. Since they have a better girls soccer program over their, she would have a better chance to get a scholarship playing goalie for the Lady Bulldogs than PCC. And it is possible to get eligible if you can prove you had a legit change of address. Don't have any idea if that happened or not. But she would help the basketball team and the soccer team out tremendously if she is ruled eligible after Christmas.
If other can be eligible she should be too !!
It will have to be a very legitimate change of address-the KHSAA is going to be sure to cover all the ands ifs buts and or's on this issue.They have been ridiculled pretty hard and they need to save face-so to speak.But then again wishy washy can prevail at a wink of the eye.
In order for her to have went to Hazard from Perry Co. wouldn't she have had to move. Especially with the silly Perry Co./Hazard school situation.
Would she be eligible to play since she transferred schools at the beginning of the season? Or would she have to sit out a year. How does this work if you transfer schools?
Depends on if she has a address change. If so, then she'd be able to start playing. If not, she'll have to sit until this time next season.
She will need to have a legitimate change of address because it will be closely scrutinized.
I'm not sure that she would still be elligible even with a legit address change. I;ll let someone with more experience reply, but I am confident that the rules are pretty clear about this
nnn
Stardust Wrote:I'm not sure that she would still be elligible even with a legit address change. I;ll let someone with more experience reply, but I am confident that the rules are pretty clear about this

If she moved across the state, I think they would make her eligible as long as there was no questionable circumstances. I do think they will take a long hard look where she only moved across town and the season has already started.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If she moved across the state, I think they would make her eligible as long as there was no questionable circumstances. I do think they will take a long hard look where she only moved across town and the season has already started.

I think that is a good point. Since the season has already started, it seems likely they were prevent her from being elligible to participate in that season's sport. If she is a Softball player, or track athlete, it would not surpise me that they allow her to participate in that sport.
Her original address was already in the city limits. (Backwoods) Would be kinda hard to move to a more city location.
Stardust Wrote:I think that is a good point. Since the season has already started, it seems likely they were prevent her from being elligible to participate in that season's sport. If she is a Softball player, or track athlete, it would not surpise me that they allow her to participate in that sport.
That is my point, since the basketball season has already started and she transfers, will she get to play? I am sure she would have a legitimate address but since the season has aready started I thought she may have to sit out for the rest of the year.
How can a player transfer to another school and start playing? Looks like she would have to sit out for a certain amount of time.
I wish her the best but I am just curious as to how this works.
Stardust Wrote:I think that is a good point. Since the season has already started, it seems likely they were prevent her from being elligible to participate in that season's sport. If she is a Softball player, or track athlete, it would not surpise me that they allow her to participate in that sport.

I agree, but stranger things have happened in Hazard and Perry County.
csabo17 Wrote:Her original address was already in the city limits. (Backwoods) Would be kinda hard to move to a more city location.

It doesn't matter. If she doesn't change addresses, she will have to sit out of varsity sports at Hazard for a period of time. She probably would not be able to play soccer. This is the price you pay when you go to school out of district because if you transfer back in district, you still required to have a change of address or sit out a year.
I understand, I was just saying if KHSAA looked into it, it would be hard to justify her change of address as a reason to change schools since where she lives now is in the city. Not sure on the rules, but can you move one house down and it be considered a move?

My house burnt down, 260 xxx ln. We moved into our house next door that we rented out at the time, 280 xxx ln. would that of made me legal to change from pcc to hhs without penalty when i was in high school?
This is in no way an argument. Legit question that id like to know the rules on.
csabo17 Wrote:I understand, I was just saying if KHSAA looked into it, it would be hard to justify her change of address as a reason to change schools since where she lives now is in the city. Not sure on the rules, but can you move one house down and it be considered a move?

My house burnt down, 260 xxx ln. We moved into our house next door that we rented out at the time, 280 xxx ln. would that of made me legal to change from pcc to hhs without penalty when i was in high school?
This is in no way an argument. Legit question that id like to know the rules on.

I agree. It is going to be tough for her to get eligible.
Last year there was a girl at Buckhorn that played in a varsity soccer contest on Tuesday and transferred to Perry on Thursday and was eligible on the following Monday. The Khsaa does not look very hard into anything anymore.
I think with PCC and Hazard things might be monitored a little more. Id say Randy and company have already been on the phone.
csabo17 Wrote:I think with PCC and Hazard things might be monitored a little more. Id say Randy and company have already been on the phone.
I would have to agree with you on this. The tension between Hazard an PCC is too thick.
Eruption Zone Wrote:That is my point, since the basketball season has already started and she transfers, will she get to play? I am sure she would have a legitimate address but since the season has aready started I thought she may have to sit out for the rest of the year.
How can a player transfer to another school and start playing? Looks like she would have to sit out for a certain amount of time.
I wish her the best but I am just curious as to how this works.
I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone know for sure?