Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 113 Sheldon Clark 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
WOW..That's an impressive win boys..High scoring for you all..Any stats on this one?
Looks like Elsha Justice did a number on BJ Moore. This game will be a learnig experience for BJ who is one of the elight players in the 15th and make him better on down the line.
looks like valley going to roll again this year
I'm guessing losing the size from last year is making this team a lot more explosive.
Wow....i remember when i played we only scored 100 points and the School of David. That is really impressive. Keep it up Cats.
What a "headache" this group led by Justice is going to be for the 15th region.
wow what a win.......
Congrats to Valley on the easy W. Does anyone have any stats for the game?
-STAT- Wrote:Congrats to Valley on the easy W. Does anyone have any stats for the game?

The only stat I am sure of is that Elisha had 13 assists. I'd say they had around 4-5 people in double figures as well.
bump for the stats. I am going to guess Justice 25 points, 12 assists, 4 rebounds, 5 steals. Hatfield 15 points, 3 assists, 9 rebounds .
The radio said Hatfield led the way with 27 and Justice added 19. I think they had Taylor Newsome with 18 and Tyler Newsome had something like 14. Jonathan Berger chipped in 9 in mop up time...

They listed BJ Moore with 18.
WoJo Wrote:Wow....i remember when i played we only scored 100 points and the School of David. That is really impressive. Keep it up Cats.
And they played the reserves quite a bit, getting them some playing time that will be beneficial in March.
Great game by Ashley!! Glad to see him having a monster game and Elisha doing what he does.
Didn't Piaris(sp?) beat Sheldon Clark by 30 something?
Shelby Valley 113 Sheldon Clark 51

Sheldon Clark 12 12 13 14 51

Shelby Valley 28 25 33 27 113

Sheldon Clark (1-2) -- Hayes 2, Whitt 5, Howell 2, Blackburn 4, Kirk 3, Moore 18, Lafferty 15, Keener 2.
Shelby Valley (2-0) -- Justice 19, Hatfield 27, Ta. Newsome 18, Ty. Newsome 13, Varney 9, Ramey 3, K. Tackett 2, Berger 9, R. Roberts 3, T. Tackett 2, T. Robers 4, D. Tacket 4.
Kentucky.com
Also, Ashley Hatfield had a nice alley oop dunk in this game...
The King Wrote:Also, Ashley Hatfield had a nice alley oop dunk in this game...

Wow, he must be really getting up now.
TheRealVille Wrote:Didn't Piaris(sp?) beat Sheldon Clark by 30 something?

According to the KHSAA website, this was Sheldon Clark's third game. They had beaten Pikeville by 2 and lost to Betsy Layne by 10.

Anyway, good game for Valley, nice to see the bench guys get some time.
Scary..
Did anyone else see that nasty fall by #34 on Sc... I think his name is Bowen?
Congrats Valley on the big win. Was at the game last night look more like practice. SV was on them like a fat woman on a twinkie. GO BIG BLUE :flame:
bigman77 Wrote:Congrats Valley on the big win. Was at the game last night look more like practice. SV was on them like a fat woman on a twinkie. GO BIG BLUE :flame:

I'm almost offended.:thatsfunn
way to go Valley!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Wow, he must be really getting up now.

A little more than he has in previous years.
Is it really possible that this Valley team may be better than last years? I really think that against mountain teams the extra speed that the team has picked up has allowed their defense to be just as effective and offensive to be more explosive. Now against teams downstate, the lack of size may hurt but it is going to be interesting to see.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Is it really possible that this Valley team may be better than last years? I really think that against mountain teams the extra speed that the team has picked up has allowed their defense to be just as effective and offensive to be more explosive. Now against teams downstate, the lack of size may hurt but it is going to be interesting to see.

I feel like their defense has been really lacking so far. It's almost as if they are wanting teams to shoot quickly so they can get the ball out on the fastbreak. This will work against teams around here because SV has superior talent, but they will have to lock down against the better teams they play. The press has been really soft as well. I am confident that they'll pick up the "D" when they have to though.
Ashley was really in the zone from downtown.
There is a little doubt that Shelby Valley is head and shoulders above everyone else in the 15th region. Someone told me last night that this was the worse loss in the history of SC basketball. The program has now officially hit rock bottom and its sad but the superintendent wanted Harless and I hope he is happy with the outcome and know that basketball is dead in Martin County.