Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jim Calhoun on Kentucky/Patterson,Wall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://vaughtsviews.net/

I would post the article but its copy protected
ahhhh he may sort of believe all of that but he is just blowing smoke up Cal's company's rear ends...As a comment was posted in regards to Vaughts article, it is coach-talk and we will get the worst display of it in the days leading up to the UK UofL game...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:ahhhh he may sort of believe all of that but he is just blowing smoke up Cal's company's rear ends...As a comment was posted in regards to Vaughts article, it is coach-talk and we will get the worst display of it in the days leading up to the UK UofL game...
I have seen uconn play 2 or 3 times and they haven't been impressive so far. I feel if uk plays like did in the first half of unc they will win.
He's just saying what he has to, to look good in the eyes of the Press.
leecoukfan Wrote:He's just saying what he has to, to look good in the eyes of the Press.
yeah but hes right though Kentucky will be a tough out for uconn
calhoun does not know what is about to hit him and uconn when the cats step into madison square garden...........and i think that the big east will have more wins than the sec but i think the sec top 25 teams will win out....
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:yeah but hes right though Kentucky will be a tough out for uconn

Oh yeah i know that, they'll be very lucky if they win!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I have seen uconn play 2 or 3 times and they haven't been impressive so far. I feel if uk plays like did in the first half of unc they will win.

I understand that and I agree...However, this is about what he said and what he said is to clear the air from what his players have said so Cal doesn't have chalk board material to get the players pumped up...You as a coach want to make the other team believe you are scared of them and make you think they (or UCONN) is the underdog...Then you go back to your players and talk them up and get their heads in the game...Its all reverse psychology and blowing smoke up each others butts
now with that said what he says after the game will be what he truly feels...which is going to be "DAM they really are that good"
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I understand that and I agree...However, this is about what he said and what he said is to clear the air from what his players have said so Cal doesn't have chalk board material to get the players pumped up...You as a coach want to make the other team believe you are scared of them and make you think they (or UCONN) is the underdog...Then you go back to your players and talk them up and get their heads in the game...Its all reverse psychology and blowing smoke up each others butts
I don't disgaree i was just saying anybody who watched the unc game which i would almost bet uconn players did would know calhoun was right with what he said.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I don't disgaree i was just saying anybody who watched the unc game which i would almost bet uconn players did would know calhoun was right with what he said.

touche
I heard dyson was possibly out for this Game???anyone else heard
theVILLE Wrote:I heard dyson was possibly out for this Game???anyone else heard

i know that he got hurt a week ago idk how serious it really is....but i hope that he does play tonight just so it will not give people stuff to say about there best player not bieng able to play......
JC was impressed after the first six minutes with Wall