Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Point(OH) 64 Ashland 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
game was decided in the 4th quarter
Anyone know where South Point is from
South Point, Ohio, is a couple of miles from Ashland, across the river.
South Point is in Ohio just across the bridge from Ashland. Ashland maintained the lead until late the third quarter. After Connor fouled out early in the 4th , Ashland struggled defensively. South Point is a very good team.
^ ty
IMO this loss will have a very positive impact on the Kittens. I believe that they will learn a lot from this game. South Point is an excellent team - very athletic and the very fast running the court. I believe that South Point went 20-2 last year with both losses to perennial state power Oak Hill. South Point returned all but one player this year. I also believe that 4 of South Point's starting five would be considered in the top ten players of the 16th region. These are the games that prepare a team for the post-season when it really counts.
kittennation Wrote:South Point is in Ohio just across the bridge from Ashland. Ashland maintained the lead until late the third quarter. After Connor fouled out early in the 4th , Ashland struggled defensively. South Point is a very good team.
south point is across the bridge and about 8 miles up us 52 and like 10 miles from huntington,wv.
South Point must be a really good team. I seen Ashland play a couple of weeks ago and figured they would be the team to beat this year.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:south point is across the bridge and about 8 miles up us 52 and like 10 miles from huntington,wv.

I didn't think they were asking for directions....but thanks for the clarification.
Ashland looks to be a powerhouse in the 16th region for sometime to come....I believe they my replace the dynasty West Carter had for so many yrs during Hop's era.
sixteenthregion Wrote:Ashland looks to be a powerhouse in the 16th region for sometime to come....I believe they my replace the dynasty West Carter had for so many yrs during Hop's era.

Unbelievable....gonna win 5 in a row huh? lol.
kittennation Wrote:I didn't think they were asking for directions....but thanks for the clarification.

Really?
kittennation Wrote:I didn't think they were asking for directions....but thanks for the clarification.
well you said right across the bridge and theres nothing right across the bridge from ashland so i thought i would clear it up
sixteenthregion Wrote:Ashland looks to be a powerhouse in the 16th region for sometime to come....I believe they my replace the dynasty West Carter had for so many yrs during Hop's era.
Rowan County is the team to beat again it looks like
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Rowan County is the team to beat again it looks like

I think its waaaaay to early to start annointing the best team in the 16th. Lets face it, Rowan has beaten Menifee, Bath, Russell, and West by health margins as expected. East has beathen Elliott, Fleming, and Lewis by healthy margins as expected. Ashland has beaten Fairview and Boyd by healthly margins as expected and lost to South Point, a team with a better starting 5 (IMO) than any other 16th region team.

The matchup against East and Rowan will be a good one, but even the winner of that game doesn't separate the top 3 by much. There is too much basketball to be played and improvement to be made. At this point, I think it is premature to pick any of these 3 teams as the best overall. Time will tell.........
Skip Pass Wrote:I think its waaaaay to early to start annointing the best team in the 16th. Lets face it, Rowan has beaten Menifee, Bath, Russell, and West by health margins as expected. East has beathen Elliott, Fleming, and Lewis by healthy margins as expected. Ashland has beaten Fairview and Boyd by healthly margins as expected and lost to South Point, a team with a better starting 5 (IMO) than any other 16th region team.

The matchup against East and Rowan will be a good one, but even the winner of that game doesn't separate the top 3 by much. There is too much basketball to be played and improvement to be made. At this point, I think it is premature to pick any of these 3 teams as the best overall. Time will tell.........

Well said I could not have said it better myself. I do think it is early in the year, but I do think you can say it is a three team race.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Well said I could not have said it better myself. I do think it is early in the year, but I do think you can say it is a three team race.
2 horse race
Skip Pass Wrote:I think its waaaaay to early to start annointing the best team in the 16th. Lets face it, Rowan has beaten Menifee, Bath, Russell, and West by health margins as expected. East has beathen Elliott, Fleming, and Lewis by healthy margins as expected. Ashland has beaten Fairview and Boyd by healthly margins as expected and lost to South Point, a team with a better starting 5 (IMO) than any other 16th region team.

after east and rowan play i will be ready to decide if east is up to par with the top 2 or not. But as of Right now i see it as 2 horse race with the d1 signee from ashland and the speed from rowan.
South Point is loaded and could contend for the state championship in their division in Ohio. Connor fouling out was big. Ashland, Rowan and East Carter are the frontrunners. The regional draw will be huge if all three make it. Rowan's point guard play, East's inside game and the improvement of Ashland's players who play big minutes but don't have that much experience are the keys.
I believe Ashland will be fine its just going to take time for them to gel a little and figure each other out. If im not mistaken Connors and Dietrich are the two with the most experiance with Hanners and Leaver getting a lot of minutes last year. Farris and Gambill seem to be coming along real nice and are playing there role very well for the team. Farris is quick on defense and Gambill seems to be able to hit the outside shot very well. I am not saying they will win anything, just saying I believe by the end of the season they will be a tough out.
Steve Kuberski Wrote:South Point is loaded and could contend for the state championship in their division in Ohio. Connor fouling out was big. Ashland, Rowan and East Carter are the frontrunners. The regional draw will be huge if all three make it. Rowan's point guard play, East's inside game and the improvement of Ashland's players who play big minutes but don't have that much experience are the keys.

I think you've nailed it:Thumbs:
I agree also.