Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitesburg 41 Dorton 40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For Dorton:

Cody Belter 17 points, 11 rebounds, 7 blocks
Owen Caudill 15 points, 8 steals
Victor Fouts 4 points
Estil Bentley 2 points
Jesse Lucas 1 point, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Zach Cantrell 1 point, 3 steals

For Whitesburg:

Kincer 14 points
Smith 12 points
Hall 5 points
C. Frazier 5 points
T. Frazier 3 points
Boggs 2 points
when was this game?
dawgs best Wrote:when was this game?

Tonight at Whitesburg.
Homecourt advantage should be worth a couple of points. Return trip to Dorton should reverse score. Must have been a terrific game, good to have close games early so team can learn mistakes and get better.
Home court advantage at Whitesburg is at least 10 points, nevertheless a good team overcomes these odds and finds a way to pull out the victory. Dorton almost did this.

As a fan, you have a tendency to focus on the negative (the officiating) which was obviously bad; but the total picture, a coach can view, and we all should try to view is this:these types of games teaches a team to overcome these adversities and learn how to win, going down the stretch, in a close game. The Virgie game as well as the Whitesburg game, early in this season, will only help this team to mature and to become a very good team by February. They will learn from these games; you cannot teach these close, pressure packed situations in a practice.

The most important thing is for these boys to learn from these games, keep their heads up and not get to down on their selfs, and grow into that team they are capable of becoming. This is the coach's responsiblity to lead them to this end.

Coach Davis can and will make this team into that kind of team by the end of this season.
Congrats Whitesburg
Very well said,Hondo. Don't know who you are, but you definately have the RIGHT ATTITUDE.... Dorton has a great bunch of boys and a fantstic coach!!!! He's not only teaching them GOOD MORALS, BASKETBALL, and RESPECT, he is also teaching them GOOD ChRISTIAN VALUES, which is by far the thing that will carry them thru life...He and coach Jarrell are what a coaching team should consist of!!!!!! Good luck to all teams and lets have a good season of fun, learning and staying healthy......
Hondo Wrote:Home court advantage at Whitesburg is at least 10 points, nevertheless a good team overcomes these odds and finds a way to pull out the victory. Dorton almost did this.

As a fan, you have a tendency to focus on the negative (the officiating) which was obviously bad; but the total picture, a coach can view, and we all should try to view is this:these types of games teaches a team to overcome these adversities and learn how to win, going down the stretch, in a close game. The Virgie game as well as the Whitesburg game, early in this season, will only help this team to mature and to become a very good team by February. They will learn from these games; you cannot teach these close, pressure packed situations in a practice.

The most important thing is for these boys to learn from these games, keep their heads up and not get to down on their selfs, and grow into that team they are capable of becoming. This is the coach's responsiblity to lead them to this end.

Coach Davis can and will make this team into that kind of team by the end of this season.
Good post
This was a very good post.
I think it is ironic when the teams from the 15th region area complain about officiating on the road. I have seen a grade school game at Elkhorn City where the officiating was almost criminal. I have seen a high school game at Sheldon Clark where the visiting team shot 14 free throws and the home team shot over 50. The visiting team also had five players to foul out. I have also seen poor officiating at Pike Central, Pikeville, and Johnson Central. It is pitiful at East Ridge. I will give Shelby Valley and Betsy Layne credit. The officiating has been fair and balanced every time I have been there.
good game
Dorton must have some problems with kids wanting to syhare the ball or lack there of. there to good of a team not to be winning more.
Both of this teams are good and both play hard.Dorton Is probably one of the best pike county team and wms is good in letcher county and if anybody plays man on whitesburg in letcher county there probably stupid and dorton has a good shot at winning the tournment in pike county
B baller Wrote:Dorton must have some problems with kids wanting to share the ball or lack there of. there to good of a team not to be winning more.

Dorton is an excellent team when they play together as a team. But it does seem lately on both the A and B teams, that the guards are taking selfish shots and not passing to the open man. I think this is a problem that will be addressed by Coach Davis soon.
B baller Wrote:Dorton must have some problems with kids wanting to syhare the ball or lack there of. there to good of a team not to be winning more.

There aren't many teams around who could have played the schedule we have played, and not lost some close games. We have lost some games that we could've won, but we are definitely getting better. That's all a coach can ask for. Two years ago these boys won less than 5 games. They have come leaps and bounds.

Hazard x 2
Virgie
Feds Creek x 3
Whitesburg
Cowan x 2
Lexington Catholic
Southern Pulaski
Magoffin
South Floyd