Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida vs. Cincinnati 1/1 (Allstate Sugar Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts
I feel bad for Natti.
I hope Cincy stomps the gators in the ground.
OMG, i wanna see Cincy win this one so bad!!! I think that if Cincy wins this one that it proves they should have been playing against Alabama!!
Gators take this one by 24.
Gators by 7
My emotions are torn with this matchup. I would've rather seen Cincy matched up with, well any other BCS opponent. However, it would be so sweet to see Cincy beat Florida. I'm not going to give a pick just yet, but my first thoughts are Florida will almost be unstoppable for this Cincinnatti defense, and on defense Florida will just be able to pin their ears back and really go after Pike.
I hate Florida but Tebows not going to go out with two strait loses. I think Cincy could have beat any other team in the BCS bowls besides Florida and Bama, who are the 2 best teams in the nation.
Imma Florida fan, and after Alabama smashed them there's NO WAY that they will lose.. it's all the seniors last game (the most succesful senior class for Florida) so they'll go out on top.
This is a very, very bad matchup for UC.

UC's run defense is not very good, and their run offense is minimal. Florida will lock down Gilyard with Haden and pressure Pike to death.

Florida wins going away which is a shame because UC would match up very well against most other BCS teams.
Tebow, knowing that this will be his last game as a collegiate, something that has inspired him beyond imagination, will work to get the Gators to their peak mentally for this game. But, will the rest of the squad follow suit. This is a major letdown for the Gator squad. This is a game that they do NOT want. You have seen it way too often in recent years where the team competing for the National Champsionship loses that chance and then goes to their bowl game and lays an egg. I can see that happening.

A big factor will be the coach. One of these two coaches is likely not going to be coaching this game. One will likely be in South Bend by January. That will play a huge factor.

UC comes in with way more motivation than Florida does. Will Florida come in with the same desire that UC does. What does Florida come in having to prove to the Country. They will not be the underdog. They have no chance to redeem themselves in the mind of college football if they win this game.

All these factors gives UC a fighting chance. Had this game taken place in November, I say Florida is a 14 point favorite. Now, I like UC's chances.

Don't think that UC can't run the ball. They have two dynamic bacs. Pead is very capable of pounding the ball against this Florida line. Ramsey is the type of back that has the stop/go style that will give the Gator D fits.

I hope they do look to shutting down Gilyard. The Cats receiving crew is one of the best in the nation. They can throw deep to Woods, underneath to the TE's and their two backs will make you pay with screens.

SEC football is basic offensive sets. UC will throw things at the Florida defense that they have never seen.

This is a good match-up for UC, better than a match-up against Bama.
UC may struggle in this one. Their defense could be their downfall. The offense will put points on the board but will they outscore FLA.
Also UC's team will change if Brian Kelly is gone
Will they have Spikes back in this game? Bearcats by a touchdown.
nky Wrote:UC may struggle in this one. Their defense could be their downfall. The offense will put points on the board but will they outscore FLA.
Also UC's team will change if Brian Kelly is gone

So will Florida's if Meyer leaves
UC wil destroy florida and prove why they shoud have been in the titie game and hopfully still get a share of the national title.

28-42 Bearcats
Florida by 12
Tebow's last game. Enough said.

Florida easily passes a good Cincy team that gets it's talent level exposed...................
Stardust Wrote:So will Florida's if Meyer leaves
Fla has a better chance if their coach leaves vs. Cincy losing theirs.
The Fla players have played in more "big" games than UC and would be able to overcome this distraction. UC has not
would love to see Cincy run all over Florida but don't see it happening. Florida by 3+ TD's.
. Cincinnati by 10 .TT hasn't been the same since the lick he took in Lexington .