Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Football recruiting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a list of commitments up to today:
1.Moncell Allen-RB-3 Stars-Power back could be a big-time RB at UK, This is the kind of RB yo can give the ball to 30+ times per game.
2.Markus Boswell-WR-2 Stars-Great stats,flew under the rader this season, will most likely greyshirt to get academics in order.
3.Chris Cessna-LB-2 Stars-Will most likely greyshirt to rehab knee
4.Ashton Cobb-S-3 Stars-Big time player will be roaming in the UK defensive backfield for several years.
5.Jo'Dane Craigman-DE-3 Stars-JUCO DE has good size and speed, will add good depth for the Cats and could play a key role.
6.T.C. Drake-TE-3 Stars-Prep School TE, could be a star at UK. HE is big and has good hands and is a native of Kentucky
7.Chris Drayton-DB-2 Stars-It came down to UK and UofL..big-time DB that could be a CB or S.
8.Will Fidler-QB-3 Stars-KY kid with huge upside..he will redshirt this upcoming year
9.LaRay Foote-ATH-2 Stars-Track Star in Tenn, turned down offers from Auburn UNC, and Ga Tech. This kid could be a star.
10.Chris Goode-TE-2 Stars-Will redshirt this year and will pair with T.C. Drake to provide good depth at TE for years to come.
11.Corey Goodson-S-3 Stars-Committed to the Cats last year but went to prep school for a year, good size and speed...could play some RB also.
12.A.L. Grigsby-DB-2 Stars-JUCO DB has great speed and the coaches expect him to contribute right away.
13.Calvin Harrison-DB-2 Stars-Great speed that the coaches believe can be a lock down CB for the Cats...UK's 1st commitment in the 06 class.
14.Michael Hartline-QB-3 Stars-This is the QB that was at the top of the coaches list since summer, could be a big-time QB for us in the future.
15.Justin Jefferies-OL-2 Stars-Big OLineman that is expected to play at G in college...will redshirt this year.
16.Micah Johnson-LB/DE-4 Stars-Will be a STAR at UK...nuff said.
17.Steve Johnson-WR-2 Stars-Will contribute next season...he has good size and speed and is the type of WR we need in the SEC.
18.Ricky Lumpkin-DE-2 Stars-Late Bloomer who was named Mr. AAAA Football in Tenn...this kid will be a star at UK. Tenn and UofL offered him.
19.Jamil Paris-DE-3 Stars-Great size and speed. After a year in the weightroom this kid could be scary good.
20.Ameer Salahudin-DB-2 Stars. Will most liekly greyshirt this season to get his academics in order...probably the most talented of the DB commits.
21.Michael Strickland-WR-2 Stars-Oregon offered him his junior year of high school...will most likely redshirt this year...good size and speed.
22.Paul Warford-ATH-2 Stars-Great speed..could play WR, RB, or CB at UK.
23.LaShun Watson-WR-2 Stars-Once again great speed and size...this kid will be a big-time WR fo us...Auburn offered him a full ride.

Greyshirts from last season that count in this class
24.E.J. Adams-ATH-2 Stars-Will most likely be a WR at UK, I expect to see this kid making plays this upcoming season.
25.Jamal Jackson-DE-2 Stars-Great upside for this kid...I hope he makes it to campus
26.Sam Maxwell-LB-2 Stars-I know I keep saying it but this kid also has great size and speed. Maxwell could be a star if he makes it to campus and hits the weights.
27.Maurice Grinter-ATH-3 Stars-Former UofL recruit that decided to play for the Cats. He could be a star at several positions, it will be intersting to see where he ends up.

The Cats will oversign again. I look for us to take atleast 5-7 more players in the 06 class. Micah Johnson will be on campus next weekend with Aundre Henderson, Josh Minton, and Corey Peters. UK is looking good with Minton and Peters(both 3-Star players)and if they can also get Henderson(4-Star player)we will have one nasty young defense. Adrian Cannon, a 3-Star WR out of Michigan, is down to Iowa and UK and also be another great pickup for the Cats.
Very Nice done.
they picked up some good players but i think uk will go to a bowl next season and rich books keeps his job 4 a while longer.
Nice class just hope its enough to turn the table.
This class is a step in the right direction. Last years class was solid and this years class looks like it will be the best in a long time at UK. UK needs to be able to do this every year though, I feel that these coaches are very good at evaluating talent and getting players they want on campus. I would also like to see UK get to the point to were we could redshirt most of our incoming freshmen. However, I would expect all the players that are ready to contribute to play next season as true freshmen. Brooks needs to produce next year and he is going to put the best players on the field regardless of what class they are in.
They have the 22nd best recruiting class in the nation. As far as I can remember it will be the best in UK's history.
They are ranked 24th at scout.com and 31st and rivals.com as of last night. The reason they are so high though is because they have much more recruits than many other teams, UK is ranked 49th in the country by the average stars a player has. If UK can finish in the top 35 I will be thrilled.