Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins 53 Hazard 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score : Jenkins 53, Hazard 56
Sounds like it was a good game.
Congrats Hazard
Big improvement from last year for the Lady Cavs, look for them to surprise people. Hazard is very young and will have a great team if they stick together over the next couple of years.

Good start for both teams!
Very good improvement for the Lady Cavs from last year. They will surprise a few people. Hazard has a young team and will be strong especially if they stay together over the next couple of years.

Great start for both teams!
This was a great game. Especially kickin off the season for JHS.
A 3 point loss is a great kick off? lol. All about expectation level I guess.....
well since expectations for these girls was to get blown out of the water every game, yup i sure do believe that was a great kick off to prove doubters wrong.
peace
When you have a new coach and are expected to be blown out every game, a 3 pt loss against Hazard which is always the team to beat in the All A, is a very good sign of things to come. Congrats on proving to everyone that Jenkins will not be a pushover this year.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:When you have a new coach and are expected to be blown out every game, a 3 pt loss against Hazard which is always the team to beat in the All A, is a very good sign of things to come. Congrats on proving to everyone that Jenkins will not be a pushover this year.

June Buchanan and if Leslie is still in it are the teams to beat in the All A. This is one of the weakest teams Hazard has had in a long time.
it was a very good game. i heard they were down by 12, but came back and the 8th grader sarah pratt hit a three with about 10 seconds left to take the lead!
leading scorers were 8th grader sarah pratt with 15, freshman brooklyn sharpy with 13, and senior rochelle combs with 13. congrats!!!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:June Buchanan and if Leslie is still in it are the teams to beat in the All A. This is one of the weakest teams Hazard has had in a long time.

June Buchanan is the team to beat? Everyone knows that really all they have is Maris Hovee, and all you have to do is score on her once and then she fouls. Hazard has always been the team to beat, not JBS! They won last year only because of the part of the bracket they were in!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:When you have a new coach and are expected to be blown out every game, a 3 pt loss against Hazard which is always the team to beat in the All A, is a very good sign of things to come. Congrats on proving to everyone that Jenkins will not be a pushover this year.

I'm surprised to hear that you have something nice to say about Jenkins. This time I do agree with you! They Lady Cavs are playing "team ball" which hasn't been done in a while. They have improved a lot, going through their fourth coach within two years is difficult on the girls, but they are using it to motivate them. Next time these two teams meet the Cavs will be the ones with the win! They are NOT going to be a pushover this year!
balla_03 Wrote:June Buchanan is the team to beat? Everyone knows that really all they have is Maris Hovee, and all you have to do is score on her once and then she fouls. Hazard has always been the team to beat, not JBS! They won last year only because of the part of the bracket they were in!

Hazard has not always been the team to beat. Before consolidation, Whitesburg participated in Four All "A"s and won all four of them. Jenkins and Fleming-Neon also won many All "A"s theirselves. JBS won it last year, and they will be favored to win it again as they have all their starters back. Hazard lost most of their starting five and are playing with a bunch of young inexperienced players. If Leslie County is participating, Hazard has a minimal chance of beating them also.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Hazard has not always been the team to beat. Before consolidation, Whitesburg participated in Four All "A"s and won all four of them. Jenkins and Fleming-Neon also won many All "A"s theirselves. JBS won it last year, and they will be favored to win it again as they have all their starters back. Hazard lost most of their starting five and are playing with a bunch of young inexperienced players. If Leslie County is participating, Hazard has a minimal chance of beating them also.

I know this about Jenkins, Whitesburg, and Fleming-Neon, but since the consolidation Hazard had been the team to beat. JBS isn't favored to win again. Even with all of their starters back everyone knows that Maris Hovee is their strongest and most reliable player; and all of the teams know how to handle her. Like I said just score on her once and she will get mad and foul. Or fake her out; she WILL jump to try and block the shot; and lean into her and there is a foul. If Jenkins plays to what they are capable of playing they can win the All-A!
Evidently Owsley County is in the hunt also as they beat Hazard almost thirty Saturday.
Can someone post Knott County and Jenkins score from monday. KCC won 64-41