Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ballard 84, Scott County 81
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PLAYER STATISTICS

http://www.scottcountycardinals.com/bask...etball.htm

Good game! Scott County has got some
This isn't that bad of a loss for SC. Ballard is extremely good and was a bit underrated coming in to this season considering they returned their two best players from last year in Chiles and Jones.

Ballard might be a legit threat to Eastern. The Bruins have looked impressive their first two games.
nice win for Ballard
I told one of my buddies tonight that I though Ballard would win, and they did.

Congrats Ballard!
kywldcat01 Wrote:This isn't that bad of a loss for SC. Ballard is extremely good and was a bit underrated coming in to this season considering they returned their two best players from last year in Chiles and Jones.

Ballard might be a legit threat to Eastern. The Bruins have looked impressive their first two games.

I agree, think we are going to see more teams get beat this year and the rankings be a yo-yo.
Scott Co is going to have to realize if they want to win, Chad Jackson has to be their pg.

Guyn and Manning simply aren't pg's. Jackson is the best at distributing the ball and keeping everyone happy.
Glad to see Ballard is still going to be a force
kywldcat01 Wrote:Scott Co is going to have to realize if they want to win, Chad Jackson has to be their pg.

Guyn and Manning simply aren't pg's. Jackson is the best at distributing the ball and keeping everyone happy.

In Scott County Point Guards need to get the ball out to the wings faster and just play more team ball. Chad had 9 turnovers and did'nt play the point. We need to move one of the top 8th or 9th grade point guards up that is not thinking about scoring but only distributing the basketball. Scott County is not a very good team right now. They have 5 to 6 good players and no bench right now just 4 points against Ballard. They do not have the type of team to play man to man or help D. Maybe Coach Hicks may need to look at ZONE! Take care of the ball and do more distributing. Please look at the stats numbers do not lie people doo!:dontthink
Congrats to Ballard on the big win!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Scott Co is going to have to realize if they want to win, Chad Jackson has to be their pg.

I agree. Manning and Guyn do not pass to the wing or down low when they bring the ball up. Chad had a lot of turnovers but if you watch the game you can tell SC offensive runs more smoothly when Chad's out top instead of playing the four. Manning has the potential to be an elite pg, but at this point Chad Jackson is more polished..... On another note the refs in this game where really bad both ways. They never let either team get into the flow. It was close to 40 free throws taking in the first half. I know it's early for the refs but come on they have to do a better job than that..... One more thing I noticed SC will struggle with depth some this year. The starting 5 is as talented as anybody in the state, but they have a drop off after that.