Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 74 Elliott County 73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Great Game Barnhill and Knipp showed up to play Barnhill had 30 and 9 boards Knipp had 32 and 13 boards.
I though Knipp transfer?
No he stayed at Elliott.
alot better showing by elliot than i expected and seems like a nice battle of the bigs congrats raiders
oh well thats good.. Sounds like it was a great game. Congrats to EC
Elliott could not have played a worse game besides Ison. I dont think East will beat them again. It just looked like the young players had the gitters,but once they settled down they were better than East Carter. And they have no answer for Mr. Ison he is a beast.
But it always seams like my radiers gave Mr. Knipp every chance to get back in the game and he took it.
I still thought Elliott had enough to win this
Coffee Can Wrote:Elliott could not have played a worse game besides Ison. I dont think East will beat them again. It just looked like the young players had the gitters,but once they settled down they were better than East Carter. And they have no answer for Mr. Ison he is a beast.
But it always seams like my radiers gave Mr. Knipp every chance to get back in the game and he took it.
What was Ison's stats?
OH! So Elliott Co is no longer the powerhouse of the 16th Region?
leecoukfan Wrote:OH! So Elliott Co is no longer the powerhouse of the 16th Region?
Elliott county was lucky to win the first region championship in the 06-07 season Russell's jon vanhoose was hurt if he isn't hurt Russell wins like they did the year before.
The faulkners are no longer there and Elliott can be beat at any giving time if they don't play good.
Is it true that Knipp went 11-39 from the floor?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The faulkners are no longer there and Elliott can be beat at any giving time if they don't play good.

I was just wondering because i knew that they were gone and i didn't really know that much about the rest of the teams in the 16th Region.
HD28 Wrote:Is it true that Knipp went 11-39 from the floor?

yes
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The faulkners are no longer there and Elliott can be beat at any giving time if they don't play good.

you maybe right, but will the GOREDDEVILS bet the Lions i dont think so and by the way I have not seen the stats but i bet East dont shoot the ball that well when we play them again. East Carter you were better Thursday night.:1:
ky wildcats Wrote:you maybe right, but will the GOREDDEVILS bet the Lions i dont think so and by the way I have not seen the stats but i bet East dont shoot the ball that well when we play them again. East Carter you were better Thursday night.:1:
We'll see no one in this region is unbeatable this year plain and simple.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Elliott county was lucky to win the first region championship in the 06-07 season Russell's jon vanhoose was hurt if he isn't hurt Russell wins like they did the year before.

But quess what they didnt and nobody is crying here, we had a great run and may never be back to the state tournament again but this region isnt that strong so a little luck or injury to one great player(jon vanhoose) and guess what lexington here we come.
ky wildcats Wrote:But quess what they didnt and nobody is crying here, we had a great run and may never be back to the state tournament again but this region isnt that strong so a little luck or injury to one great player(jon vanhoose) and guess what lexington here we come.
all those blowsout elliott gave with the faulkners will come back to get them as teams will have no mercy on elliott if they have a chance to break it open.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:all those blowsout elliott gave with the faulkners will come back to get them as teams will have no mercy on elliott if they have a chance to break it open.

We just beat Morgan by 60. I dont think that will happen for a couple of years
ky wildcats Wrote:We just beat Morgan by 60. I dont think that will happen for a couple of years
no depth will get you what happens if mr bigscore knipp gets in foul trouble then what?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:no depth will get you what happens if mr bigscore knipp gets in foul trouble then what?

Knipp is as good a high school player as they are in the state im not saying he is Ky bound. But he went 11-39 played awfull offensively and fouled out in the closings min of the game. only 2 players score and East only beats us 1.. The refs were terrible both ways, i guess what im trying to say is that the 16th region is one of the weakest region they are in the state and any of the top 6 or 7 teams with a little luck can win this thing come march.
If Knipp gets in foul trouble it is not the end of the world yes it would hurt but their are other really talented players that surround him. You just haven't seen them because for the past 3 years they haven't got a chance to play; Rick Mays didn't know what the meaning of developing a bench meant. Elliott is very dangerous this year and if you think they are not then you need to watch them play and understand that Knipp is not the team but he is the main player.
inspiron Wrote:If Knipp gets in foul trouble it is not the end of the world yes it would hurt but their are other really talented players that surround him. You just haven't seen them because for the past 3 years they haven't got a chance to play; Rick Mays didn't know what the meaning of developing a bench meant. Elliott is very dangerous this year and if you think they are not then you need to watch them play and understand that Knipp is not the team but he is the main player.

I think if coach Adkins can get Knipp to buy into being more of a team player the Lions could still win the region come March but I don't think they will if they turn into the Knipp show.
To be honest with you I went to the first game thinking that it was going to be a year that I would go and watch a couple of game because of that reason. What I have learned is that these team are totally different both having their strong points (08-09 to 09-10 teams), I think that the Region is Elliott's to win again this year but there won't be blowouts every time, they will have to grind out a lot of wins because of that target on their back. Timmy Knipp is the main focus no doubt; he is a man among boys (like barnhill) but the players that have come up in the system in previous years have really waited their opportunity. People are thinking that these boys are going to fall off the map and teams are going to get their revenge, but the case is that people haven't really got to see the other players because of all the talent they have been blessed with in recent years. This team is average without Knipp and I agree totally with you, he has to bye into the system and develop as a player (which he is) and understand that the team is better when he doesn't try to do so much. But he is so good that when he does take over a game and is playing basketball the way he is capable, you soon become a spectator and are in aww over how good this kid is and how much potential he has and how much he has developed over each year. And he has one more is what is the best thing about it!
Barnhill is a beast! There isn't going to be anyone in this region thats going to be able to stop his presence! East Carter showed alot of heart in this game and some how managed to let Elliott comeback here and there every once and awhile with the quick pull up 3's from cody nickel. Good game from both teams!