Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: President B. Hussein Obama Afghanistan Speech at West Point
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.spiegel.de/international/worl...ml#ref=rss

The Germans didn't seem to appreciate the speech too much. A president who really doesn't support the military should be careful when using them as a 'photo op.'
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTbJcixsLq8"]YouTube- Chris Matthews calls West Point the "Enemy Camp"[/ame]

Chris 'Thrill-up-the-leg' Matthews states what most liberals think about our military.

'Enemy Camp?'

:boosign:
The enemy camp?

Chris Matthews is an idiot...just because they're not like little girls and screaming and cheering like retards doesn't mean they're "cold" and an enemy camp. Good Lord, we uphold a standard in the Army. Especially when the Commander-in-chief, the top of the chain-of-command, is on stage infront of you speaking.

Anyway, I think this is the correct decision. We need these troops for exactly what the President said we needed them for. More of a presence for a longer period of time in these remote COP's and villages.
vundy33 Wrote:The enemy camp?

Chris Matthews is an idiot...just because they're not like little girls and screaming and cheering like retards doesn't mean they're "cold" and an enemy camp. Good Lord, we uphold a standard in the Army. Especially when the Commander-in-chief, the top of the chain-of-command, is on stage infront of you speaking.

Anyway, I think this is the correct decision. We need these troops for exactly what the President said we needed them for. More of a presence for a longer period of time in these remote COP's and villages.

I am guessing, Vundy, that you wouldn't, for instance, continually state the President's name as "B. Hussein Obama"?
thecavemaster Wrote:I am guessing, Vundy, that you wouldn't, for instance, continually state the President's name as "B. Hussein Obama"?

I prefer Hussein....
Has the man kept his word about anything?
thecavemaster Wrote:I am guessing, Vundy, that you wouldn't, for instance, continually state the President's name as "B. Hussein Obama"?

That is his name.

It seems that you have more of a problem with his name being Hussein than everyone else. During the campaign no one could call him by his middle name, but after the election it was ok, and if I'm not mistaken when he took the oath he used Barrack Hussein Obama. Here's my advice, you just need to get over it because you your going to hear Hussein over and over again.

Mmm, mmm, mm! Barack Hussein Obama..........Personally, I blame his parents ! :yikes:
vundy33 Wrote:The enemy camp?

Does this include dosing off while he is speaking? I saw the camera pan several times to nodding or sleeping service members.
TheRealVille Wrote:Does this include dosing off while he is speaking? I saw the camera pan several times to nodding or sleeping service members.

The daily life of a cadet is exhausting! Combine that with a hot uniform, looooong day, and a boring speaker and you end up with sleeping cadets. :zzz: Nice to see you back , Realville.
Joe Friday Wrote:The daily life of a cadet is exhausting! Combine that with a hot uniform, looooong day, and a boring speaker and you end up with sleeping cadets. :zzz: Nice to see you back , Realville.
Myself, I would be right with them. I would fall asleep listening to any politician for very long. I'm always here, just not going to argue politics anymore.

You are correct.
TheRealVille Wrote:Does this include dosing off while he is speaking? I saw the camera pan several times to nodding or sleeping service members.

They are weak. They're not even commissioned yet, I don't consider them troopers.
vundy33 Wrote:They are weak. They're not even commissioned yet, I don't consider them troopers.

These young men and women are our future military leaders. Military academies do have a grueling schedule. Cut them some slack - they will soon be standing beside you in battle. Confusedalute: Stay safe, vundy 33! You are always in my prayers. :Thumbs:
Joe Friday Wrote:These young men and women are our future military leaders. Military academies do have a grueling schedule. Cut them some slack - they will soon be standing beside you in battle. Confusedalute: Stay safe, vundy 33! You are always in my prayers. :Thumbs:

lol, i know. But thats just how I am.
TheRealVille Wrote:Myself, I would be right with them. I would fall asleep listening to any politician for very long. I'm always here, just not going to argue politics anymore.

Just can't keep losing can you :biggrin:

JK RealVille, don't give up on your opinions, that's what makes you such a good poster. :Clap:
Old School Wrote:It seems that you have more of a problem with his name being Hussein than everyone else. During the campaign no one could call him by his middle name, but after the election it was ok, and if I'm not mistaken when he took the oath he used Barrack Hussein Obama. Here's my advice, you just need to get over it because you your going to hear Hussein over and over again.

I asked Vundy a question. He answered it.
thecavemaster Wrote:I asked Vundy a question. He answered it.

......and I was just stating the obvious.
5timechamp Wrote:Has the man kept his word about anything?

Somebody answer this, I don't really keep up with politics.
Aslan Wrote:Somebody answer this, I don't really keep up with politics.
Unfortunately, Obama has worked hard to keep his most radical, left wing promises. He is supporting legislation that will lead to the government takeover of our health care system and provide government funding for abortion. (The Hyde Amendment bars the federal government from funding abortion through Medicare and Democrats have defeated every attempt to amend the proposed government health care "reform" bills to ban abortion funding. If such funding is not explicitly banned, then abortions will be funded.)

Obama is also pushing for a cap and trade system that will send utility rates soaring and bankrupt companies that would build coal-fired power plants - just as he promised to do. This legislation is the biggest threat to American economic security in decades. Even if cap and trade legislation does not pass, Obama's EPA is reportedly planning to regulate CO2 emissions as if carbon dioxide was a pollutant. (The rumor is an announcement to this effect will be made this week - possibly as early as Monday.)

In short, liberals should be very, very happy with Obama's performance so far and the many moderates and independents who believed that Obama was too smart to try to enact a leftist agenda should feel very foolish for voting him into office. Polls show that is exactly what is happening - but the damage has been done.
Old School Wrote:......and I was just stating the obvious.

OK, Old School: do you call everyone by first and middle name? In other words, why do you put "B. Hussein Obama" when the man calls himself "Barack Obama"? Are you suggesting you mean no disrepsect/disregard by this? What is your intention, Mr. Obvious.
irregardless, he should be called President.
Stardust Wrote:irregardless, he should be called President.

I would agree... and would agree that calling Bush II "dubya" was meant as an insult to his level of intelligence. Neither much helps with constructive debate.
thecavemaster Wrote:I would agree... and would agree that calling Bush II "dubya" was meant as an insult to his level of intelligence. Neither much helps with constructive debate.

As a dubya supporter, I did not question his intelligence. Very intelligent man, just poor at presenting himself (ala Quayle) and giving a good soundbite. In all due respect, I do not like Obama's policy's, just think they are BAD! But, I do have to root for him to succeed. If he fails, I, as a US citizen FAIL!
Stardust Wrote:As a dubya supporter, I did not question his intelligence. Very intelligent man, just poor at presenting himself (ala Quayle) and giving a good soundbite. In all due respect, I do not like Obama's policy's, just think they are BAD! But, I do have to root for him to succeed. If he fails, I, as a US citizen FAIL!

I always said Bush II would be cool to go have a beer with, watch a game. I can't imagine having my every word caught on tape, before cameras. Gaffs and misspeaks are bound to happen... no way 'round it. Like you said of Obama, I didn't agree with a lot of Bush II's policy initiatives.
thecavemaster Wrote:I always said Bush II would be cool to go have a beer with, watch a game. I can't imagine having my every word caught on tape, before cameras. Gaffs and misspeaks are bound to happen... no way 'round it. Like you said of Obama, I didn't agree with a lot of Bush II's policy initiatives.

And I would love to shoot basketball with Obama (and let him pick my NCAA Pool), but I will not buy into his policy. I had dinner in washington with Senator Susan Collins from Maine Monday evening while in Washington. She is an advocate for my industry, and someone who I truly respect in her policy. Having a beer and talking small talk, I enjoyed more my time with the Major from the Army of Bangledesh, and I couldn't understand a word he was saying.....

Alright, gotta go. CM, I have enjoyed the banter and love, like amny others do as well, shooting holes at ya, just as you do with us :Thumbs:
thecavemaster Wrote:OK, Old School: do you call everyone by first and middle name? In other words, why do you put "B. Hussein Obama" when the man calls himself "Barack Obama"? Are you suggesting you mean no disrepsect/disregard by this? What is your intention, Mr. Obvious.

Very seldom do I call anyone by their first and middle names, it's only when I'm upset with them that I do. I'm sure you remember your parents calling you by your full name whenever they were upset you, I know I do. lol :biggrin: As I remember, it was taboo to use Hussien when referring to Obama during the campaign, but after the election he seemed to embrace Hussien, even school children made songs using his full name Barrack Hussien Obama.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SErowaB4nUY"]YouTube- BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA MMM MMM MMM.AVI[/ame]

or using his full name during his Inauguration.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnygQ02aW4"]YouTube- President Barack Obama 2009 Inauguration and Address[/ame]

Where was your outrage when Bush was in office and some on this site was calling him names?

Since you think everyone should show respect to the president and call him Mr. President or President Obama or whatever, then tell me. Why didn't you refer to Bush as Mr. President or President G.W. Bush, you always referred to him as Bush II and on occasion "dubya".

As I said a while back, it is my opinion that a person should earn one's respect, it should not be given to someone because of the position they hold. I do have the utmost of respect for the office of the Presidency of these United States, but that doesn't mean I have the utmost respect for the person holding that position.

If my memory serves me right, I have referred to Obama as Barry, Barrack H. Obama, Obama and BHO with the exception of Barry all the others are part of his legal given name. I also called President Bush, "Bush". I do not believe these names are disrespectful, but again this is my opinion and your and others may vary. However if these names are disrespectful to you then you shouldn't be referring to Bush as "Bush" should you.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Unfortunately, Obama has worked hard to keep his most radical, left wing promises. He is supporting legislation that will lead to the government takeover of our health care system and provide government funding for abortion. (The Hyde Amendment bars the federal government from funding abortion through Medicare and Democrats have defeated every attempt to amend the proposed government health care "reform" bills to ban abortion funding. If such funding is not explicitly banned, then abortions will be funded.)

Obama is also pushing for a cap and trade system that will send utility rates soaring and bankrupt companies that would build coal-fired power plants - just as he promised to do. This legislation is the biggest threat to American economic security in decades. Even if cap and trade legislation does not pass, Obama's EPA is reportedly planning to regulate CO2 emissions as if carbon dioxide was a pollutant. (The rumor is an announcement to this effect will be made this week - possibly as early as Monday.)

In short, liberals should be very, very happy with Obama's performance so far and the many moderates and independents who believed that Obama was too smart to try to enact a leftist agenda should feel very foolish for voting him into office. Polls show that is exactly what is happening - but the damage has been done.

Thanks for answering my question. :thumpsup:
I hate were he's pushing so hard for abortion.
Old School Wrote:Very seldom do I call anyone by their first and middle names, it's only when I'm upset with them that I do. I'm sure you remember your parents calling you by your full name whenever they were upset you, I know I do. lol :biggrin: As I remember, it was taboo to use Hussien when referring to Obama during the campaign, but after the election he seemed to embrace Hussien, even school children made songs using his full name Barrack Hussien Obama.

or using his full name during his Inauguration.

Where was your outrage when Bush was in office and some on this site was calling him names?

Since you think everyone should show respect to the president and call him Mr. President or President Obama or whatever, then tell me. Why didn't you refer to Bush as Mr. President or President G.W. Bush, you always referred to him as Bush II and on occasion "dubya".

As I said a while back, it is my opinion that a person should earn one's respect, it should not be given to someone because of the position they hold. I do have the utmost of respect for the office of the Presidency of these United States, but that doesn't mean I have the utmost respect for the person holding that position.

If my memory serves me right, I have referred to Obama as Barry, Barrack H. Obama, Obama and BHO with the exception of Barry all the others are part of his legal given name. I also called President Bush, "Bush". I do not believe these names are disrespectful, but again this is my opinion and your and others may vary. However if these names are disrespectful to you then you shouldn't be referring to Bush as "Bush" should you.

If you refer to the President as "Obama" I would respond with nothing. Why do you use "Hussein"? Simply because you are upset with him, as you suggest? I'll take you at your word on that, but I have to sit on a lot of doubt to do it.
Pages: 1 2